• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    I'm ready to move on from Reed.
    we drafted him and the other wr from Ohio state and both have been utter disappointments.
    Reed had the injury excuse but now healthy is still lookinh lost.
    Yep...wideout room already crowded if we keep Bandy...and we should...

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It's a nice problem to have. I don't see Guyton getting cut. He has the only true game changing speed in the WR room. Carter is fast but is more quick than super fast like Guyton and Herbert needs a guy like Guyton. Bandy unfortunately is a slower version of Carter. So while I think the Chargers will definitely try to add him to the PS I don't think he makes the roster.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        It's a nice problem to have. I don't see Guyton getting cut. He has the only true game changing speed in the WR room. Carter is fast but is more quick than super fast like Guyton and Herbert needs a guy like Guyton. Bandy unfortunately is a slower version of Carter. So while I think the Chargers will definitely try to add him to the PS I don't think he makes the roster.

TG
        That'll be a killer if a team like the Cheatriots claim Bandy on waivers, he turns into Welker 2.0, and helps beat us in the playoffs...Noooooooo....

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Adam Schein ranks the Chargers' D 4th, behind the 49ers, Bills and Packers, but ahead of the Rams, Saints, Bucs, Broncos and Browns.

And don't sleep on the defensive tackle help general manager Tom Telesco brought in to shore up the run defense... Free-agent tackle Sebastian Joseph-Day earned the best defensive grade from PFF of his career in 2020, when Staley was his coordinator with the Rams.
          I did not know this.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
            ...Or a shorter, quicker Keenan.
            He's very good at finding soft spots in coverage. It's a tough choice. Bandy will gain more 1st downs.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I don't know. We have not been shown Carter very much. Based upon training camp reports, he is a better version of Bandy. I think him not playing many snaps in preseason kind of reinforces it. It would be nice to keep Bandy to replace Carter, because if he goes off we only have him on a one year deal and wont be able to keep him

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

I think they keep 6 WRs because Bandy should not be released. He’s only going to get better working with Allen. I like Reed but he will probably be the odd man out. Hope he makes it to the PS. He is the next best WR after Bandy.
                I also hope they keep Bradford on the PS as well. Seems like another good developmental slot receiver.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

In two seasons with Herbert, Guyton has 959 yds and 6 TDs as the 3rd-4th option. He's averaged 16.3 yds per reception. He's going into his third year with Herbert - there is a lot of familiarity between them. Plus, Guyton is standing out on the punt team as a gunner. He is not going anywhere. Staley loves him:

Bandy is making a case for keeping 6 WR on the roster. If they waive him, he will be playing for another team. I think a WR-needy team will pluck him right off the waiver wire. He's looking Hunter Renfrow 2.0 in the preseason.

When it comes to final cuts, they may have to make a decision whether to keep a 3rd QB (Stick) or a 6th WR (Bandy). Then again they may decide to keep both at to thin at RB with Ekeler, Spiller and a No. 3 guy, with Horvath as the FB and 4th RB.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

After all., they cut T Billy. Anything’s possible
                    Wait a min--ute.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

So now it’s Guyton v. Bandy for the last spot? I thought it was Palmer v. Guyton for #3 WR? How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        In two seasons with Herbert, Guyton has 959 yds and 6 TDs as the 3rd-4th option. He's averaged 16.3 yds per reception. He's going into his third year with Herbert - there is a lot of familiarity between them. Plus, Guyton is standing out on the punt team as a gunner. He is not going anywhere. Staley loves him:

Bandy is making a case for keeping 6 WR on the roster. If they waive him, he will be playing for another team. I think a WR-needy team will pluck him right off the waiver wire. He's looking Hunter Renfrow 2.0 in the preseason.

When it comes to final cuts, they may have to make a decision whether to keep a 3rd QB (Stick) or a 6th WR (Bandy). Then again they may decide to keep both at to thin at RB with Ekeler, Spiller and a No. 3 guy, with Horvath as the FB and 4th RB.
                        Its gonna be tough to keep him. I agree he’s not taking Guyton or Carter’s spot and Palmer is a lock. I love him both how his quick change of direction like an elite slot but also, as commented, he has a real knack for knowing the open spots in zone. I don’t care about his 8.5 YPC, go recheck Welker and many of his years he was at 9 because that was the quick slot/slant as run play that NE implemented. NE used a 3 step 2-second quick pass like run plays and were perfectly happy to just march down the field in rapid small chunks. They beat the shit out of the Chargers in that playoff game doing exactly that, Chargers were behind 28-0 before Gus stopped playing DBs 7+ yards off the LOS watching one 5yd quick crossing pass (with a couple YAC) after another eliminate Joey from the game. Brady would walk up to the LOS, look at the DBs 7 yards off yet again, and must have laughed. Worst defensive scheme against Brady i ever saw.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Adam Schein ranks the Chargers' D 4th, behind the 49ers, Bills and Packers, but ahead of the Rams, Saints, Bucs, Broncos and Browns.

I did not know this.
                          He played next to Aaron Donald which probably had more to do with it

Comment

Working...
                          X