• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Bandy get's open too much to let him go. They have to carry six WR's. Imagine on third and 5 and we have both KA and Bandy out there - how could you stop us? I'd put Joe Reed on the PS and keep Bandy on the 53.

It looks to me like Pip is finally catching on to playing on the right side, he'll be the starting RT. Tillery doesn't seem one bit better than last season. Love new punter but I hate our punt coverage team. I have no idea about the PK's. If Guyton slips down to 4/5 would you use him on returns? He's very fast.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
      Fluent in Sarcasm
      • Jun 2013
      • Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
      Would it be worth taking a shot at Kenyon Drake as the 2nd or 3rd RB when he gets released from the Raiders?
      Was just let go so we will get an answer shortly if Staley and Co. want him.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        Bandy get's open too much to let him go. They have to carry six WR's. Imagine on third and 5 and we have both KA and Bandy out there - how could you stop us? I'd put Joe Reed on the PS and keep Bandy on the 53.

It looks to me like Pip is finally catching on to playing on the right side, he'll be the starting RT. Tillery doesn't seem one bit better than last season. Love new punter but I hate our punt coverage team. I have no idea about the PK's. If Guyton slips down to 4/5 would you use him on returns? He's very fast.
        Huge Bandy fan also....he has a knack for getting open, especially finding that sweet spot between defenders in a zone....reminds me of a Welker or Edelman...or even Danny Woodhead, who was also a very clever receiver out of the backfield....
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I tried as best I could to watch Norton and Pipkins Va cowboys. From what I saw, pretty clear Pipkins played better. Tillery looks absolutely the same now as he did last season. And he is playing against backups and backups to backups. He won’t make this team. Makes too much, adds too little and is a slam to players like gaziano, Covington who are far cheaper give consistent max effort and will be better deep reserves.

I liked The Drake when he was with Miami. But it seems like he has not been that player since he left Miami. The RB I wanted was McKinnon who resigned for cheap in kc.
          TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

How do you know he's better than Stick? Mullins has experience that Stick does not, because he played in SF where the QBs can't stay healthy. He was pressed into starting after Jimmy GQ and Beathard both went down with injuries. His career win-loss record is 5-12. His career QB rating is 87.3. His career TD pass to INT ratio is 26 to 22. In his lone game last season for the Browns, he could only manage 147 yds passing against the Raiders.

Stick has been on an NFL roster whose starting QBs don't get injured. So he doesn't have any playing experience. But I don't think you can say definitively say Mullins is better than Stick.
            Well, IMO. Nobody is inquiring about Stick but Mullins has been conveyed twice now.

Stick don't look that good against 2nd and 3rds.
            Mullins has looked pretty good this preseason and had some good games against starting defenses. And some not so good.

Just my opinion. I think Stick and Daniel are weak backup options but I'd go with Stick over Daniel.

Good thing our starters have been durable, but I'm trying to sign Minshew next offseason but it's a tough sell when the starter has never been hurt.

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

I will be very disappointed if they decide to keep Tillery. It won't be the end of the world, but it would indicate that someone in charge is making an asinine decision based on God knows what.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                I will be very disappointed if they decide to keep Tillery. It won't be the end of the world, but it would indicate that someone in charge is making an asinine decision based on God knows what.
                Ditto.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                  Great White North
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

I’m hoping it was just lip service from Telesco but I’m not looking forward to cutting a solid depth player to keep three QBs.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post
                    I’m hoping it was just lip service from Telesco but I’m not looking forward to cutting a solid depth player to keep three QBs.
                    Its time for Chase to go.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well, IMO. Nobody is inquiring about Stick but Mullins has been conveyed twice now.

Stick don't look that good against 2nd and 3rds.
                      Mullins has looked pretty good this preseason and had some good games against starting defenses. And some not so good.

Just my opinion. I think Stick and Daniel are weak backup options but I'd go with Stick over Daniel.

Good thing our starters have been durable, but I'm trying to sign Minshew next offseason but it's a tough sell when the starter has never been hurt.
                      Sticks seems to be OK
                      I can see him as a D. Hostetler or a D. Williams.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                        Social Piranha
                        • May 2022
                        • Flyover, USA
                        • Send PM

Bandy Geeks boarding the Bandy Wagon!

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Tillery looks absolutely the same now as he did last season. And he is playing against backups and backups to backups. He won’t make this team. Makes too much, adds too little and is a slam to players like gaziano, Covington who are far cheaper give consistent max effort and will be better deep reserves.
                          This team and fans tolerated a horrible player like Damion Square for so long. A guy who contributed to this team's awfulness through the years, and is now a journeyman and even being on team's practice squads.

Telesco has to justify his pick with Tillery. Do people really think he'll be cut or not make the team? He would do better if Staley stops playing him the way he's been playing him. He isn't a slam to Gaziano. Gaziano looks like he'll make it. Covington is meh. He's another Ty McGill. Covington is another player who no longer has his juice after joining the Chargers.

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                          The team is weak at interior pass rush. But many people disregard this, and they wonder why the team keeps being bad at getting off of the field. Like I was saying, Staley needs to stop playing him the way he's been playing him, and use Tillery at times when it is appropriate. Jerry Tillery is one of the only guys on the IDL who provides pass rush at the spot. Joseph-Day and Austin Johnson have some pass rushing, but they aren't great. Their pass rushing is the same as Justin Jones, and Justin Jones wasn't much of a pass rusher. The guys on the IDL of the team who are good at it are Fox, Tillery, and Gaziano. Having just 1 or 2 guys who are good at it isn't going to cut it or be enough. This has been proven time and time again with the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X