• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Whoa we have that kind of speed on defense?

Even if you include campbell, samuel and jackson are the two slowest corners on the roster at 4.4 type speed, LOL, I know it doesn’t mean everything but it kind of messes with your head, the secondary has gotten much much faster since staley arrived…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Whoa we have that kind of speed on defense?

Woods is listed as a S, Taylor and Leonard are CBs.

Woods 4.36 https://www.nfl.com/videos/jt-woods-...t-2022-combine
      Taylor 4.39 https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...-DB-WakeForest
      Leonard 4.39 https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...ilm-breakdown/

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Even if you include campbell, samuel and jackson are the two slowest corners on the roster at 4.4 type speed, LOL, I know it doesn’t mean everything but it kind of messes with your head, the secondary has gotten much much faster since staley arrived…
        Michael Davis is 4.3 fast, the other starters are 4.4 guys.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

what are you seeing that I don’t? I’ve been advocating for jaimes since the beginning and I thought he was a good draft pick, but I was really disappointed with the way he looked coming into his second training camp. I was expecting him to come in with a prison body after he realized he needed to get stronger and with one year of NFL caliber training under his belt. He kind of reminds me of lamp, solid college tackles that struggled to transition inside…but unlike lamp who had injury problems, jaimes came into camp looking like he did very little to improve his physique, quite the opposite he looked even less fit than when we drafted him, I don’t understand that, why not dive into the profession, spend the time in the gym, learning how to eat right, and get stronger? Size and athleticism alone isn’t going to cut it in the NFL where everyone else is athletic and big too…I would’ve liked jaimes to come in to year two and dominate the 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth stringers he played against in preseason. And if he’s a guy that is not going to win with power he should be making it up with impeccable technique but instead I saw him getting manhandled and outclassed…

right now I am down on him because he looked so crisp last year and I expected a step up and that just didn’t materialize…would you trust him to fill in at guard during a game? The rookie Salyer has completely over taken him on the roster so right now he’s 3rd string at guard…I just expected more from him this year…
          No Jaimes comp: Lamp was the strongest Charger offensive lineman.

Lamp was just damn unfortunate with his injuries, the coaching staff & the type of Olinemen around him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

My impression is that Jaimes will be a decent NFL OG.
            Sarell looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.
            With that type of resume, Sarell would have started for the Chargers two years ago.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I expect Woods to be inactive on game days for a long time.

Lift and eat baby, just lift and eat.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I expect Woods to be inactive on game days for a long time.

Lift and eat baby, just lift and eat.
                Staley & Co used a 3rd round pick for Woods. I believe Staley has a job in mind for Woods & his speed. It could be that he had no
                idea who Woods really was but that doesn't match well with what I've seen from coach.
                I believe he'll be active on 'Teams.
                We'll see.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Staley & Co used a 3rd round pick for Woods. I believe Staley has a job in mind for Woods & his speed. It could be that he had no
                  idea who Woods really was but that doesn't match well with what I've seen from coach.
                  I believe he'll be active on 'Teams.
                  We'll see.
                  He doesn’t tackle well. Not exactly the guy you want as a gunner

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He doesn’t tackle well. Not exactly the guy you want as a gunner
                    Getting there at the same time the ball arrives isn't like tackling a moving ball carrier. The returner had to stand where the ball is coming down. It's like knocking over a tackling dummy. 5 second hang time, 40 yd punt is a set-up for Woods.
                    Granted, it's a situational call but having that in our pocket could be a game changer.

ps: he didn't tackle well in ps. I don't believe we'd have drafted him if that were a lifelong problem.
                    JT Woods (22) Safety - CAREER HONORS • Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (5x) 2021 (Senior): Started all 14 games in 2021 ... Led the Big 12 with six interceptions

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Gotta find a way to let these guys out the cage and ball hawk.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Chargers have been one of the slowest NFL teams for many years..... The past 2-3 years, we have finally started to add real explosive speed to the roster across the board....
                        I'm so happy to see it! You cannot coach speed. Speed kills. For skill positions, draft speed and great athleticism and then coach them to play football...especially for depth positions. As long as you are willing, you can learn to run routes, catch the ball, or tackle, etc.

Love the direction Chargers are finally heading.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Chargers have been one of the slowest NFL teams for many years..... The past 2-3 years, we have finally started to add real explosive speed to the roster across the board....
                          I'm so happy to see it! You cannot coach speed. Speed kills. For skill positions, draft speed and great athleticism and then coach them to play football...especially for depth positions. As long as you are willing, you can learn to run routes, catch the ball, or tackle, etc.

Love the direction Chargers are finally heading.
                          Below average OLines
                          Not much team speed
                          terrible special teams
                          Defense inconsistent
                          2 playoffs, zero divisions

How does Telesco still have a friggin job? Division or exit Tommy Polian

Comment

Working...
                          X