• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

There is especially no excuse for not having a better plan to limit Kelce when 3 of the Chiefs best 4 WRS were out
    It's the only thing I reproach to Staley yesturday.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

And for those with short memories... the last time Derwin guarded Kelce, Kelce had 5 catches for 51 yards... zero TD's.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        And for those with short memories... the last time Derwin guarded Kelce, Kelce had 5 catches for 51 yards... zero TD's.
        I seem to remember a game last year at Sofi when Kelce ran all over the Chargers and won the game with 2 TDs

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Chargers absolutely need to beat the Chiefs.
          They would be #1 seed in Division and entire AFC instead of KC if they win those games.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Let the new GM decide if Staley stays.
            The next GM is tight with Staley, he'll keep him aboard.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Shit... I remember when 95% of TPB (myself included) were pissed when we chose Justin Herbert...
              Ultimately, nothing has changed. We are on the verge of potentially missing playoffs for 3 years straight with our new shiny QB. One way or another this organization finds a way to dash its fans hopes repeatedly.

Comment

• SDBORN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                The push to the playoffs begins now.
                Chargers have yet to beat a good team this season. And those wins they have come away with, have not been convincing.

Playoffs are possible but still a long shot in my book with how stacked the AFC east is.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Chargers have yet to beat a good team this season. And those wins they have come away with, have not been convincing.

Playoffs are possible but still a long shot in my book with how stacked the AFC east is.
                  You'll be glad to hear that the AFC East teams are scheduled to play against each other quite a bit still...
                  Patriots and Bills haven't played each other yet... they will have 2 games.

Patriots: Vikings (8-2), Bills (7-3), Bengals (6-4), Dolphins (7-3), Bills (7-3). Hell, the Patriots could go 2-5 to finish the season.
                  Jets: Vikings (8-2), Bills (7-3), Seahawks (6-4), Dolphins (7-3). Four losses puts them @9-8.
                  Bengals: Titans (7-3), Chiefs (8-2), Patriots (6-4), Bills (7-3), Ravens (7-3). Another team that could finish 2-5.

We have Miami (7-3) and Titans (7-3). We could easily go 5-2. That would give us a 10-7 record.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

You'll be glad to hear that the AFC East teams are scheduled to play against each other quite a bit still...
                    Patriots and Bills haven't played each other yet... they will have 2 games.

Patriots: Vikings (8-2), Bills (7-3), Bengals (6-4), Dolphins (7-3), Bills (7-3). Hell, the Patriots could go 2-5 to finish the season.
                    Jets: Vikings (8-2), Bills (7-3), Seahawks (6-4), Dolphins (7-3). Four losses puts them @9-8.
                    Bengals: Titans (7-3), Chiefs (8-2), Patriots (6-4), Bills (7-3), Ravens (7-3). Another team that could finish 2-5.

We have Miami (7-3) and Titans (7-3). We could easily go 5-2. That would give us a 10-7 record.
                    Like I said, it's possible. We can just as well go 3-4 to finish out (and miss playoffs) with how close our games have been against bad teams. Hopefully we do at least make a playoff appearance. It would be nice for a change.

Not holding my breath either way
                    Last edited by SDBORN; 11-22-2022, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• JPPT1974
                      May Day 2024!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Need to really fix some things and correct them. Justin can't keep being a one man show about. As the defense is really keeping you all in a sense in the game. Need to bulk up OL.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
                        Need to really fix some things and correct them. Justin can't keep being a one man show about. As the defense is really keeping you all in a sense in the game. Need to bulk up OL.
                        We don’t have a reliable running game and can’t play solid defense. So yeah it’s all on Herbert and the receivers who have been decimated.

by the way, these were the same problems we had last season.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Like I said, it's possible. We can just as well go 3-4 to finish out (and miss playoffs) with how close our games have been against bad teams. Hopefully we do at least make a playoff appearance. It would be nice for a change.

Not holding my breath either way
                          I don't see us going 3-4 if we get back some guys. Last night, we got 1 guy back (Keenan) and almost took down one of the best teams in the NFL.
                          People say we only beat teams with losing records and can't beat teams with winning records.
                          Cards (4-7), Raiders (3-7), Miami (7-3), Titans (7-3), Colts (4-6-1), Rams (3-7), Donkeys (3-7).
                          Using their narrative, that's 5-2 with a final record of 10-7. Don't take it up with me... it's not my narrative.

Comment

Working...
                          X