• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

There are several really good punters this year. No reason to reach. For a punter...

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      https://www.the33rdteam.com/mike-gid...2022-playoffs/

Chargers

1. IDL * this is an NT & 3T/4i, and think we can get both via FA
      2. LG/RT * wherever Feiler lines up, you're gonna need to fill the other hole where he ain't
      3. ED * Uchenna is not enough, and Bosa is wasting away without a bookend opposite him.... we need to replace what we had w/Melvin once upon a time
      4. N/CB * replacement for CHJ, that either moves Asante inside, or can play slot corner
      5. RB * far as I'm concerned, a must have and readily available in FA.... one of the first moves I make in FA.... spend the money
      6. TE * could be tricky to get value and talent to add up in FA, and prolly need to hedge your bet in the draft as well
      7. IOL * eye want a hedge for Linsley's back, and preferably a vet that can hold it together for the if and when he might be down and/or out
      8. WR top 20 * this is the supersize move to be made, as would much rather have MW's monies available in FA for the IDL, and/or CB/RB

LB is also a consideration but will prolly take another year to sort itself out.... ??

personally am taking care of everything eye can in FA, which includes both DL positions, CB, RB, TE, IOL, and prolly looking for an additional WR as well.

in the draft the two priorities are OL and ED.... the wild cards are w/the either of ILB Nakobe Dean or WR Jameson Williams.... we have to have a SB roster once the dust settles this offseason.... it's time.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        https://www.the33rdteam.com/mike-gid...2022-playoffs/

Chargers

1. Linval Joseph/Tillery * the consensus is that LJ won't be resigned and that Tillery needs to be a rotational tackle
        2. Storm/Pips * lotta talk about taking our chances moving forward w/the one or both of these two, and.... better to keep the Oline pipeline flowing
        3. Supa Mel/Fackrell * this has not been replaced/repaired since before Supa Mel departed
        4. CHJ/Casey Hayward * we need a solid opposite Mike D.
        5. MG3 * we need a lead back, and despite how amazing Ek is.... he should not be asked to stand up to the punishment that he endures.... it won't last
        6. HH/Cook * we did good w/Jared, but again consensus is that he won't be resigned, and we aren't sure what we've got yet w/McKitty and re: Parham's health
        7. Qberry * some peoples are on autopilot here and don't think we need to bother.... ho hum, and off to .500 we go again
        8. MW/Guyton * sentimental loss(es) for some, albeit opportunity could knock by other's takes
        9. Murray/Denzel * this one is gonna be tricky as plenty project Kyzir to command an eight figure salary

the biggest hump we have to get over is thinkin' we can get by w/what we have.... if so, yes.... keep what we've got onboard, but we cannot just hope for the best/line 'em up three deep and compete.... we have to have solid hedges wherever there is the propensity for risk.... risk management is a key component of roster rebuilding.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

hopefully the cap guys can help me out here as would be looking NT, DT, CB, RB, TE, WR and IOL in FA, and if we have any monies leftover would prolly be open to an additonal DB, either CB/S.

if I budget about $6m/player, eye seem to recall we have somewhere in the neighborhood of $25m or so in spending monies outside of our own FAs, and if I don't resign MW, that's another 12 or 15 or so, no ??

so obviously am not looking to sign any name FAs, as think our talent ceiling is high enough, and think that we need to reinforce our foundation/floor level talent on the roster.... agree or disagree ??

Comment

• Attack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My thing is offense wasn't the issue with the Chargers. Sure adding speed is not a bad thing. And the Chargers need it on offense But they need to fix RT, and the defense first

So if you take care of business in free agency with two of the three: IDL and CB plus bringing back your key free agents, thats fine. But if not, WR at 17 is a luxury.

I truly can see Reagor for Murray as a possibility - one teams not so good pick for another teams not so good pick
            Denzel Mims on the Jets is another WR that has had some misfortunes in his two yrs with them. He's a bigger WR than Reagor and runs 4.38. Worth considering in a deal for Murray.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              There are several really good punters this year. No reason to reach. For a punter...
              "Reach" may not be an appropriate term. Araiza is ranked #49 in GBN's Top 100 Players. Many consider him the best P in a decade or more.

Just for kIcks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OafZBFXyg-M

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                hopefully the cap guys can help me out here as would be looking NT, DT, CB, RB, TE, WR and IOL in FA, and if we have any monies leftover would prolly be open to an additonal DB, either CB/S.

if I budget about $6m/player, eye seem to recall we have somewhere in the neighborhood of $25m or so in spending monies outside of our own FAs, and if I don't resign MW, that's another 12 or 15 or so, no ??

so obviously am not looking to sign any name FAs, as think our talent ceiling is high enough, and think that we need to reinforce our foundation/floor level talent on the roster.... agree or disagree ??
                Probably more like $15M-$20M than $25M. I think we can add 3 solid players.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

"Reach" may not be an appropriate term. Araiza is ranked #49 in GBN's Top 100 Players. Many consider him the best P in a decade or more.

Just for kIcks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OafZBFXyg-M
                  What's the marginal difference in expected points between the best punter and the 5th best punter?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                    Use one of our 6th rounders on a punter...Araiza will be gone, but not those others...

Comment

• GetBolted
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Butler, PA
                      • Send PM

I'd love it if we grabbed Araiza- kids a weapon and if there's a part of our team we need weaponized it's special Teams. Picking up Andre Roberts was a huge get. But Imagine punting from our own endzone and being able to pin the opposing team inside their own 20. Id gladly spend a 3rd or 4th on him.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by GetBolted View Post
                        I'd love it if we grabbed Araiza- kids a weapon and if there's a part of our team we need weaponized it's special Teams. Picking up Andre Roberts was a huge get. But Imagine punting from our own endzone and being able to pin the opposing team inside their own 20. Id gladly spend a 3rd or 4th on him.
                        Agree, for a generational talent there is no reach. If he was just another good punter then just wait to get a guy. Araiza is worth the pick.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

How did it even get to the point where we’re talking about a P in the 3rd when we have so many other, more important needs? This is not a talent rich team.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X