• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    A lot of hand wringing and overanalyzing going on round here...I don't blame you...we aren't meeting offseason expectations...but those expectations were based on a roster that doesn't exist. Slater, Bosa, and Allen down....JC, big acquisition, still getting his feel after missing crucial time. Herbert knicked up pretty bad, but struggling through...sorting out the pecking order in the RB room.

For me, it's more about what happens after the Bye...that will be the team we have...that needs to work....to make it to the playoffs. You have a team now that has a lot of new pieces, and other pieces that are missing...biggest reason, IMO, we have been so inconsistent. Still finding our identity. Whether we win these games in the soft part of the schedule may not matter in the end anyhow...what will matter is what we bring to the field in the tough second half, and how we finish...that is what I'm waiting to see....both from a player standpoint, and even more so, coaching.
    Not sure you can separate today’s team from the post-bye team…maybe it works that way, what’s concerning now us how we’re winning, and how we’re losing. Not building much confidence, we seem to be a very middling team, all things considered.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Not sure you can separate today’s team from the post-bye team…maybe it works that way, what’s concerning now us how we’re winning, and how we’re losing. Not building much confidence, we seem to be a very middling team, all things considered.
      What's more concerning to me is who we drafted in the 3rd and 4th round. Why continue wasting draft picks on stupid projects. Even if we drafted two more oline we should have scored on an additional contributor there. Tired of the huck and chuck draft for running backs. Also, our high priced oft injured players is starting to show it's ugly head. Both Bosa and Keenan should restructure their contract or be let go soon. JC Jackson could be considered an injured lemon who prospered under a Belicheck system. We can't have $80 million not contributing or producing up to their pay level forever.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

What is always will be ?
        An NFL top 3 passing offense, below avg D?
        That's a definite maybe.
        There's often change. Hopefully for the best.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

What's more concerning to me is who we drafted in the 3rd and 4th round. Why continue wasting draft picks on stupid projects. Even if we drafted two more oline we should have scored on an additional contributor there. Tired of the huck and chuck draft for running backs. Also, our high priced oft injured players is starting to show it's ugly head. Both Bosa and Keenan should restructure their contract or be let go soon. JC Jackson could be considered an injured lemon who prospered under a Belicheck system. We can't have $80 million not contributing or producing up to their pay level forever.
          TT better hope we make the POs this year.A decade of futility is more than enough time even for the dumbass SpAnus ilk to see it aint workin.If we miss the POs with Herbert as our QB I say fire the whole office,bring in Payton and a new GM.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

TT better hope we make the POs this year.A decade of futility is more than enough time even for the dumbass SpAnus ilk to see it aint workin.If we miss the POs with Herbert as our QB I say fire the whole office,bring in Payton and a new GM.
            Smart Dude with lots of wisdom at this point in time of his career.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I guess you missed our season finale last year.
              I guess I thought we were talking about the 2022 Chargers.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I guess I thought we were talking about the 2022 Chargers.
                I was reffing to your comment about Carr

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The Bolts do have an out on Jackson's deal after 2024 season. So, let's see how he does the rest of this year and next two:

jc.JPG

Last edited by Topcat; 10-16-2022, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Dan Fouts and Justin Herbert sit down to analyze tape from their respective careers. It's great to re-watch some of Fouts' greatest moments. He is the reason I became a Chargers fan way back in '79. Herbert is the reason I am still a Chargers fan.

One thing that comes up during their discussion is how blessed Herbert is to have started his career with WRs like Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. These are both WRs that a QB can throw to with confidence they are going go get the ball. Many teams - perhaps even most teams - don't have one WR like that. The Chargers have two. Mike Williams is proving he was worth signing to a new contract. He had a slow start to his career. Remember when the consensus was that Mike was way over-drafted, that he was not playing up to his draft position of #7 overall in 2017? Nobody talks about that anymore. When Keenan returns to the lineup, this offense is going to take a big step forward.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM