• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

I think we all had high expectations and we sure haven't seen the results we were expecting. I don't agree that the fault lies with Staley. I think he's using the players he has been given by TT.

I think the problem is the below-average depth. Too many years of missing on our third and fourth round picks. Time to bring in a new GM that can pick some winners after round one.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      As long as we have a new staff every three years of less we are always rebuilding and that will continue until we have some stability. You really can't hold a GM accountable for players drafted to fit one skeme only to devolve in a skeme they are not a fit for.
      Who hires and fires the HC?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

On well run teams the GM on teams like ours the Owners... I don't know for sure but I'm thinking ownership has made the last three decisions on firing coaches.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I think we all had high expectations and we sure haven't seen the results we were expecting. I don't agree that the fault lies with Staley. I think he's using the players he has been given by TT.

I think the problem is the below-average depth. Too many years of missing on our third and fourth round picks. Time to bring in a new GM that can pick some winners after round one.
          John Spanos is the head of football operations. You trust him to bring in a head strong GM that can over rule him?

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

John Spanos is the head of football operations. You trust him to bring in a head strong GM that can over rule him?
            I'm thinking he must be getting tired of all these poor finishes just as much as we are and I'm hoping he is ready to try something new.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

I'm thinking he must be getting tired of all these poor finishes just as much as we are and I'm hoping he is ready to try something new.
              My take is that after the AJ era the Spanos want harmony in the FO. Telesco gives them that. I've been wrong before, but I don't see changes coming,
              at least not this year. If we miss the PO next year Staley is likely gone. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

My take is that after the AJ era the Spanos want harmony in the FO. Telesco gives them that. I've been wrong before, but I don't see changes coming,
                at least not this year. If we miss the PO next year Staley is likely gone. Rinse and repeat.
                Sad to say, you are probably right

If I was the owner I'd fire TT and bring in a new GM. I'd let him decide about Staley.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Staley inherited last years defense and by anyones standard, he greatly overhauled it this past offseason by adding Mack, Jackson, Callahan, Johnson, and SJD.

I don’t know what you were watching but before Bosa’s injury, they looked much better in both run and pass defense. As injuries grew each week, they got worse, but I still think they’ve played amazingly well considering how many backups are,playing. Good enough to keep the offense within striking distance of winning close games.

Look at SF’s record when Nick Bosa isn’t,playing.

Now, in regards to offense? I think Lombardi needs to go and have expressed why in many other posts.

Fair enough.

You are right it is pretty hard to assess it all with the merciless injuries this team is subjected to. Every week it seems like 2 starters go down and dont come back quickly, if it all.

Most frustrating season ever with such high expectations and excitement going in. That is probably where the venting comes from, pure frustration with it all. As Charger fans we never get a break, this team has always been snake bitten with injuries but this year is craziness.

Really hoping for a big upset win on Sunday and would love to see a strong finish. Not opposed to seeing Staley do well, as I said I bought in at the beginning. My biggest concern is surrounding Herbert with everything he needs to be successful. Already sick of hearing he is not a winner.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

TT seems like a nice guy and i have never minded him. But at some point he has to be held accountable for the results in a 10 year opportunity.

If this franchise wants a standard of winning that is.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Not to mention winning, and winning over LA market, will make his team worth more.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Would he willingly castrate himself. Nope. So I think those longing for a new take charge experienced GM are dreaming.

Like I said before, half the fans are blaming injuries for the lost season, not GM or coaches, so I’m sure the entire Spanos clan are nodding in agreement.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

When I talk about Herbert being brought down by this management and coaching ( and Injuries) this is exacty what i am talking about

Not sure how the article states that the other 3 have had better stretches for longer though. Herbert waa OROY in year one and started the Pro Bowl while passing for 5000 yards in year 2. Tua and Hurts fnally became stars in year 3.

Comment

Working...
                          X