• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm on the NOT interested in Njoku list.
    Yep I get it. HE probably isn't a must have sort of free agent however I would be excited if we signed him to see what he could do with our QB!

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But Njoku is not Mark Andrews. If the Chargers could get Mark Andrews - maybe. But Njoku is all about potential - not enough production

I would take Zach Ertz and break my "over 30 rule" before signing Njoku

As for Hicks - just because he might be better than Linval Joseph - for me - isn;'t enough -- aim higher than better. Add a player that might not decline off or be more apt to get injured.
      If you could pick 1 DT Free Agent or draft 1 DT to add in place of Linval Joseph next season who would you be happy with??

Comment

• DennisR91
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2021
        • Send PM

Would like an interception machine
        that tre diggs looks good

good size and good moves

ya he can’t tackle like cromartie
        bit then again the rest of defense can’t tackle at times

theres. An afc East time that
        yhe past 3 years 17 interceptions at least per year

25,18,23 interceptions. 66 total in three years
        Past three years
        we average 11 per year or 33 total

so that’s like having the ball on offense .7 more times each game or make like 1 extra possession every two games

which could help us in the close ones

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

If you could pick 1 DT Free Agent or draft 1 DT to add in place of Linval Joseph next season who would you be happy with??
          My dream scenario is BJ Hill and Phidarian Mathis (?) from Alabama

My back up choices at DT in free agency is Sebastian Joseph Day

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Did you watch Herbert in the probowl and how he used his TE? Also if we signed Hicks and drafted Jordan Davis as well as signed Njoku and keep Parham and let Cook step, wouldn't that be better than what we had this season?? Baker as opposed to Herbert will up Njoku's game, no? Id feel pretty comfortable with this guy on the field in a Chargers uniform when its 4th and whatever and Staley says go for it!

Lol, so in the pro bowl running another variation of a offense he throws a couple TDs to Andrews and suddenly he loves throwing to his TEs?
            I would disregard anything that happened in that touch football game.

Njoku is a semi bust in my eyes. They signed Hooper because the first round Njoku wasn't that good. PASS.

And maybe it's just me but I'm not drafting Jordan Davis at #17. I'm just not enamored with him.

I'm hoping we sign a couple starting DTs in free agency so we won't have to use a high pick in another IDL. Or use a pick at all on IDL and if we don't sign more than one (I'd bet the farm we sign at least 1) there are other DTs to consider that aren't #17.

Then we use it on Edge or CB instead.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

I get pretty strong vibes in regards to Bolt moves. I get the sense we will go after 2 stud defenders in free agency. LIkely egde/DT and CB. But if we can get young studs at DT early this year...maybe go after a LB that can really clean up the run game. Devondre Campbell type. Sign him and EDGE Chandler. Draft Davis out of Georgia. But how many DTs have 1st round grades this year? 2? Winfrey may time very well. Leal could be one of those guys who falls in our laps. QBs may kill those types of scenarios though. Not a great QB class.

Campbell anchors the middle. Cleans up the run game and adding a guy like Davis makes sense up front. Chandler sort of fell off towards the end. The entire team faded. But he would be a solid addition and maybe his price comes down a bit. I do think we are players in free agency though...and going forward many of my roster builds will have big name free agents added

This year not just dreaming. We have the cap space to add 2 starting key pieces and then fill out with smaller contracts. Mike will get paid. Wether thats a tag or new contract it will be a big number. Contract probably has a friendly cap number this year if we get that done.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                I get pretty strong vibes in regards to Bolt moves. I get the sense we will go after 2 stud defenders in free agency. LIkely egde/DT and CB. But if we can get young studs at DT early this year...maybe go after a LB that can really clean up the run game. Devondre Campbell type. Sign him and EDGE Chandler. Draft Davis out of Georgia. But how many DTs have 1st round grades this year? 2? Winfrey may time very well. Leal could be one of those guys who falls in our laps. QBs may kill those types of scenarios though. Not a great QB class.

Campbell anchors the middle. Cleans up the run game and adding a guy like Davis makes sense up front. Chandler sort of fell off towards the end. The entire team faded. But he would be a solid addition and maybe his price comes down a bit. I do think we are players in free agency though...and going forward many of my roster builds will have big name free agents added

This year not just dreaming. We have the cap space to add 2 starting key pieces and then fill out with smaller contracts. Mike will get paid. Wether thats a tag or new contract it will be a big number. Contract probably has a friendly cap number this year if we get that done.
                I think Von is gonna say "Happy Valentines Day" to Burrow...many times...up close and personal.

Chandler can be streaky, and may be too expensive,
                but he would be in opponents minds about doubling on Bosa.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I think Von is gonna say "Happy Valentines Day" to Burrow...many times...up close and personal.

Miller another guy i like. Gonna be a million ways to skin this cat.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

0nly thing about Chandler is ,. Isn't he 32?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

0nly thing about Chandler is ,. Isn't he 32?
                      About the same as Von.
                      Wrong side of 30 YO.
                      They have the real ability to provide Joey relief.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Miller another guy i like. Gonna be a million ways to skin this cat.
                        Like you, I want a multi-pronged attack on improving this D.

2021-22 was unacceptable.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

This is so interesting. Not sure if the chart will show up but I’ll give it a try. In terms of personnel size, we’re pretty middle of the pack. Interesting that the Bengals have the smallest while the Ravens have the biggest.

NFL player personnel staff sizes

Comment

Working...
                          X