• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    Tillery,
    Tillery has not been an effective edge rusher. They tried that and it didn't work. Tillery's strength is getting pressure up the middle, he seems to have some ability there, but from the edge I don't think so.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Send PM

Jason Moore is on the regular roster and Bandy is back down on the PS. I don't know if that is going to be permanent, maybe it has to do with special teams, but I much prefer to have Bandy as a WR over Moore. Bandy Gets Open (BGO). He was all alone on when Herb hit him deep on a couple of throws Sunday. He is always going to draw the least capable defenders and he can beat them. We need more of that.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        With Bosa out for the majority of the season, would you trade for a veteran edge rusher? Mack, bless him, has 5 sacks, one off the league lead held by the brother of Joey. But Rumph is not going to provide enough of a threat on the other side to keep defenses honest against Mack until/if Bosa can return. I don't know if Van Noy is going to provide that either. The guy who Tenn waived and the Chargers picked up, Derrek Tuszka, is an unknown.

The Texans signed Jerry Hughes to a two year contract this season. He's been in the league since 2010, is 34, and played for Buff for nine seasons through 2021. His production decline quite a bit in 2021, but he has four sacks already this season - 2 each v. the Colts and Broncos. He didn't do much against the Chargers' OL on Sunday.

The Texans are going nowhere this year and look to be very possibly the worst team in the league. I wonder if they'd be open to trading Hughes for a low-round pick next season. The Chargers' depth at edge was a concern going into this season, and now they are without Bosa for the majority of the season. One way to counter the lack of talent opposite Mack is to have a surplus of bodies they can rotate in and out to keep guys fresh and have that advantage.

Pernell McPhee was born on December 17, 1988, in Orlando, Florida. He is an outside linebacker in the NFL. Prior to his college career, Pernell attended Pahokee High School, only played one year of high school football, and started on both...

Coach Staley coached Pernell McPhee in Chicago in 2018. He is an unsigned free agent.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Tillery has not been an effective edge rusher. They tried that and it didn't work. Tillery's strength is getting pressure up the middle, he seems to have some ability there, but from the edge I don't think so.
          not sure of the logic there.... Tillery gets pressure on the QB.... not sure it matters where you line him up.

the liability comes from him not setting the edge, and wherefrom the need is to hedge your bets w/a LB shading him.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

not sure of the logic there.... Tillery gets pressure on the QB.... not sure it matters where you line him up.

the liability comes from him not setting the edge, and wherefrom the need is to hedge your bets w/a LB shading him.
            Bradley played Tillery on the edge too. It hasn't worked. It's only something you do every once in a while, but not something you want to do on a full time basis.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

It does matter where a player lines up, whether they are going to be effective rushing the passer. Rushing from the edge and coming up the middle require different skill sets. Elite players such as Bosa can get to the QB from just about anywhere. But Tillery does not have the moves to be an effective edge rusher. They tried him there and it didn't work.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Pernell McPhee was born on December 17, 1988, in Orlando, Florida. He is an outside linebacker in the NFL. Prior to his college career, Pernell attended Pahokee High School, only played one year of high school football, and started on both...

Coach Staley coached Pernell McPhee in Chicago in 2018. He is an unsigned free agent.
                Great another prospect, if he's in football shape.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Tillery,
                  Tillery may be quick for an IDT but is he really fast enough to play effective outside edge? Honest question, i don’t know. I see 4.93 posted for him for the 40.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Jason Moore is on the regular roster and Bandy is back down on the PS. I don't know if that is going to be permanent, maybe it has to do with special teams, but I much prefer to have Bandy as a WR over Moore. Bandy Gets Open (BGO). He was all alone on when Herb hit him deep on a couple of throws Sunday. He is always going to draw the least capable defenders and he can beat them. We need more of that.
                    Me too
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I guess making two catches for fifty yards is unacceptable. I can't quite figure this coaching staff out. I said before the start of the season that we have the players now but do we have the right coaching staff? I wonder about that even more now. I sure wish they'd get it figured out before it's too late.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I guess making two catches for fifty yards is unacceptable. I can't quite figure this coaching staff out. I said before the start of the season that we have the players now but do we have the right coaching staff? I wonder about that even more now. I sure wish they'd get it figured out before it's too late.
                        What are they watching?

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I fear someone will snatch Bandy from the practice squad.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X