• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I fear someone will snatch Bandy from the practice squad.
    Teams can designate 4 PS players as protected each week, preventing teams from signing them. I dont know if who each team designates is public info though.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Tillery may be quick for an IDT but is he really fast enough to play effective outside edge? Honest question, i don’t know. I see 4.93 posted for him for the 40.
      guessed I missed the memo where he hadn't done so well on the edge, as have always thought he could play some end, 'specially in a 3-4 ??

but according to the reports/retorts above/previously mentioned, apparently 'tis more wishful thinking than not on my part ??

and it's not that I haven't held out hope while others have waned, on players like Kelley and Denzel (and Tevaughn), and.... still have a sense that he could play some end, and as speaking of wishful.... wish Rumph had had more of a coming out party last Sunday.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Michael Bandy. He is the second best quick-twitch receiver on the squad, after Slayer, IMO. Why can't Bandy play Keenan Allen's route tree as the #1 receiver, instead of being Joshua Palmer's backup at the #3 position?

I read an illuminating answer from Coach Staley on RB Spiller that my explain. Coach said the minute Spiller is the 3rd best RB on the squad, he will be on the field (paraphrasing). Perhaps Coach feels Bandy isn't the 3rd best WR on the squad, or the workload is too tasking, or doesn't he possess the capacity to block at the next level. I am speculating.

But if you put Bandy in a stacked set behind M. Williams or J. Palmer to Herbert's right, in a goal-line situation, and called a flanker screen to Bandy, Bandy is going to beat his man.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Michael Bandy. He is the second best quick-twitch receiver on the squad, after Slayer, IMO. Why can't Bandy play Keenan Allen's route tree as the #1 receiver, instead of being Joshua Palmer's backup at the #3 position?

I read an illuminating answer from Coach Staley on RB Spiller that my explain. Coach said the minute Spiller is the 3rd best RB on the squad, he will be on the field (paraphrasing). Perhaps Coach feels Bandy isn't the 3rd best WR on the squad, or the workload is too tasking, or doesn't he possess the capacity to block at the next level. I am speculating.

But if you put Bandy in a stacked set behind M. Williams or J. Palmer to Herbert's right, in a goal-line situation, and called a flanker screen to Bandy, Bandy is going to beat his man.
          Psst…does Lombo know that? Or is it too secret.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

The bold above also makes me wonder if we wrongly blame the Lombardi. Sounds like Staley decides who plays. Perhaps that's how it should be.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              I read an illuminating answer from Coach Staley on RB Spiller that my explain. Coach said the minute Spiller is the 3rd best RB on the squad, he will be on the field (paraphrasing).
              How do they know Spiller isn't the third best RB on the field? He's never taken an NFL snap, they have nothing by which to evaluate him. When you have a high-mileage veteran who couldn't manage 2 ypc and you're not even activating a rookie with some promise, and your running game is a bottom feeder, you have the wrong priorities.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

The bold above also makes me wonder if we wrongly blame the Lombardi. Sounds like Staley decides who plays. Perhaps that's how it should be.
                My guess is that the RB coach, Derrick Foster, recommends to Lomardi which three RBs should be activated, then Lomardi passes that up to Staley.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My guess is that the RB coach, Derrick Foster, recommends to Lomardi which three RBs should be activated, then Lomardi passes that up to Staley.
                  Yes. Staley is too busy being the defensive coordinator (which he is sucking at) instead of leading this team.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Bandy and Carter are the best WRs at creating separation after KA. Carter gets open, but on Bandy's two receptions he was wide open. My guess is that defenses are starting to take note of Carter and are doing more to take him away. But Bandy is a total unknown and he didn't get as much attention in Houston, and that is why he was so wide open. The other receiver who creates separation is Gerald Everett. He is more like a big WR than a TE.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

How do they know Spiller isn't the third best RB on the field? He's never taken an NFL snap, they have nothing by which to evaluate him. When you have a high-mileage veteran who couldn't manage 2 ypc and you're not even activating a rookie with some promise, and your running game is a bottom feeder, you have the wrong priorities.
                      I'm sorry, but I disagree on your conclusions. Who else is better equipped to evaluate where Spiller is at, than his RB unit coach, offensive coordinator, and head coach? Sony Michel is transitioning from the Bill Belichick system to Sean Payton's offensive system. He will adjust and he will be an asset to this offense. I fricken love the kid and have since he was a star at Georgia.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

He could be the second best RB for all we know. But Staley wants him to play ST.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Bandy and Carter are the best WRs at creating separation after KA. Carter gets open, but on Bandy's two receptions he was wide open. My guess is that defenses are starting to take note of Carter and are doing more to take him away. But Bandy is a total unknown and he didn't get as much attention in Houston, and that is why he was so wide open. The other receiver who creates separation is Gerald Everett. He is more like a big WR than a TE.
                          Where does a possession receiver fit in Sean Payton's offensive attack? It doesn't have a role for a Cole Beasley, a Wes Welker or Julian Edelman or Hunter Renfrow like the Bills/Patriot/Raider offenses do. These guys are zone defense killers in the fact that they sit down in the gaps in zone schemes with sight-adjusted routes.

Comment

Working...
                          X