• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

I'm glad you got to see this. We just went back to back to back jacks in the World Series of throwing money around. I've only been a fan since '79, but I don't recall us ever being this dialed in and aggressive and I don't think we are done. When it's time, you will have the best view in the house. Thank you for all of your insight over the years and I wish you peace.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      Many of you probably remember Shamrock. Someone even asked me about him about a month ago. I just got off the phone with him. (his real name is Dan). He still lives in Texas, still raises some cattle, and still works in the oil industry but does not drive trucks anymore. Dan suffered some real bad injury to his hearing during the Desert Storm war and it has grown so bad that he can't get a license for driving trucks now.

He didn't just quit being a Charger fan, he quit all pro-sports. He called me because he found out somewhere that I have Cancer. He said he'll pray for me and I know he will - Dan's a man of his word. So, for those that liked Shamrock - you are up to date.
      Shammy was a good dude...and like you, one of the handful of solid posters I remember back in the early days of the UT forum...glad he got in touch with you.:thumbsup:
      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Dan and I were friends beyond the forums. When he was driving long haul he would park at a truck stop just North of Salem and I'd pick him up and take him to my house or we'd go have dinner together. We'd talk Chargers all the time.

He won a bronze star while he was in the Army in Irac. Of course, I told him that wasn't as good as a Marine winning the same medal. We had some good laughs together. I'll tell you this about Dan - he's all man!

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
          I'm glad you got to see this. We just went back to back to back jacks in the World Series of throwing money around. I've only been a fan since '79, but I don't recall us ever being this dialed in and aggressive and I don't think we are done. When it's time, you will have the best view in the house. Thank you for all of your insight over the years and I wish you peace.
          i have been a fan since 1979 myself. i was 10 years old and still remember the intro's to the Houston playoff game - no Pastorini, no Earl Campbell and no Kenny Burroughs - and then we lost. i remember the blocked FG for a TD, a 10 point swing. i was a huge John Jefferson fan and remember wondering - why did he go to green bay?

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i have been a fan since 1979 myself. i was 10 years old and still remember the intro's to the Houston playoff game - no Pastorini, no Earl Campbell and no Kenny Burroughs - and then we lost. i remember the blocked FG for a TD, a 10 point swing. i was a huge John Jefferson fan and remember wondering - why did he go to green bay?
            I really believe that move cost JJ the Hall of Fame. It's hard to make fingertip catches when you can't feel your fingers.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I really believe that move cost JJ the Hall of Fame. It's hard to make fingertip catches when you can't feel your fingers.
              Broke my heart when JJ left. That Chandler guy worked out ok though

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

JJ was THE most exciting player in the NFL- bar none!

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  JJ was THE most exciting player in the NFL- bar none!
                  I was crushed when we traded him. Wes Chandler eased the pain quite a bit. I'm pretty sure Gene Klein sent him to Green bay as punishment.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

I was crushed when we traded him. Wes Chandler eased the pain quite a bit. I'm pretty sure Gene Klein sent him to Green bay as punishment.
                    Klein was a d**k!.
                    You're most probably right.
                    And yes, Wes was an All Time great Charger.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

Quite a bit ? Come on, man !
                      Wes Chandler is a very large of part why I am nfl fan.

Comment

• Craig440
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Quite a bit ? Come on, man !
                        Wes Chandler is a very large of part why I am nfl fan.
                        I was already a Charger fan from long before this. But Yes Wes was better than JJ I think. I mean there is no reason to compare because they were both spectacular and beautiful to watch. But I do believe Fouts said " Sorry JJ but Wes is even better than you" I don't think Fouts meant that as a put down. He meant it as respect for them both.

Comment

• perryao
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Godspeed Brother Roo. "Who better than with Me."

Comment

Working...
                          X