• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Thanks for all your prayers and kind words.

I decided to do this to spare Arlene the pain. I remember how hard all of this was for me when Jo died and just didn't want to put Arlene through it. I found it much easier to do it for myself than it was to do for my wife.

It also helps that deep down inside I'm not convinced that the doctor is right about how much time I have left. They think I'm getting very close to my departure date but I think I don't feel that bad yet. I am getting weaker but I can still walk with the help of the walker. I'd sure like to have one more season of Charger football.

I also have a good attitude about it - I trust God is still in charge and I'll be here as long as he wants me here and I'll go to Heaven on the very moment he want's me there. So, it's all in his control. I'm ready either way.
    ^ This. And we'd sure like you to see this upcoming season! Prayers are with you, Roo!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Chargeroo, you just can't miss the 2022 season.
      I feel we're back to 2006 season !
      With an happier ending.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        Chargeroo, you just can't miss the 2022 season.
        I feel we're back to 2006 season !
        With an happier ending.

There's not much hope for me to be around that much longer. I've grown so weak that I can barely walk, even with my "walker". My pain has grown worse and more consistent, my breathing is very difficult. I've had to start using morphine for the pain. The doctor tells me the middle of next month is the best I can look for. I just hope I can last long enough to see who they sign from the free-agent list and who they get in the draft. That would be nice.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

There's not much hope for me to be around that much longer. I've grown so weak that I can barely walk, even with my "walker". My pain has grown worse and more consistent, my breathing is very difficult. I've had to start using morphine for the pain. The doctor tells me the middle of next month is the best I can look for. I just hope I can last long enough to see who they sign from the free-agent list and who they get in the draft. That would be nice.
          Prayers brother. You do what you have to do to feel comfortable. Praying daily for you my man.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Banner is up. We will ride with you Roo. All the way.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

As bad as that is you will hear soon these words.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Matthew 25:21

Still praying for you.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

This season is for you. You will not be forgotten by us fanatics. And when things get tense and messy on the OGDT I hope one of us has the good sense to remember your grace and kindness always and remind us of what you would say to calm the waters.

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Prayers for you Chargeroo.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I pray that you get everything you want in what remains of this life, and a little more. I'll be thinking of you.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

I'm going to miss you. Whatever feels right for you is what I want...in this life and the next.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Hang in there, Roo! Love you, buddy!

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

I don't know why you didn't receive the entire message but I sometimes have trouble with this message system too.

I'll copy it into here for you - I hope the non-believers won't be offended by it but I don't know how else to do it -

01-18-2022, 10:26 AM
                          In your note to me you said "maybe if I get granted into the kingdom" I'll recognize you.

When you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, your salvation was assured. Look at these two scriptures -

John 3:36
                          He who believes in the Son has everlasting life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Romans 10:9;
                          If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Jesus forgave your sins at the cross and you accepted Him as your savior - I'll see you in heaven one day! It's a sure thing.
                          Yes sir! Amen!
                          I just got baptized two weeks ago.
                          I think somewhere in scripture it talks about making many friends in this life so you have many that will welcome you in the next.
                          Maybe one day I will walk with you.
                          Much respect, I think you have done such a great job of inspiring others on here it seems.
                          Maybe you have changed a mind or two about Jesus on here.
                          They can see so clearly the example you have set.
                          The power of the holy spirit in you.
                          Still inspiring all the way through till you meet your maker.

Comment

Working...
                          X