• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Thanks for sharing all that. Your post touched me as much as mine touched you. I'm putting you on my prayer list - you can count on it for however more time I have.

I read it to my wife and she got teary-eyed. She asked me to copy it and send it to her. She's a paper lover, she'll print it and put it in one of her many loose-leaf folders. I keep trying to train her to use the document files but she keeps printing stuff.

She has two daughters that live in Maui so she'll be moving there after I'm gone. I don't know what it's going to cost her to move all that paper?! She can afford it though, I'll be leaving her in good shape financially.
    Thanks for all you’ve shared. I hope she knows that you’ve had a positive effect to many in this online community. If she’s willing, would you have her make one final post after you pass using your login? I don’t mean to impose, but I know for many of us it would provide a sense of closure. If she sticks around for a little while, I’m sure she’ll read some additional kind words that will hopefully make it to Maui with her.

As to the narcotics and the pain, there isn’t a right answer. I’m a surgeon and more familiar with death than most people. At this point, you do what’s right for you. There may be pain, but if it is outweighed by spending time with your loved ones (and in this forum), go for it. Again, do what’s right for you. I’m glad to be a part of the community that has provided some enjoyment for you, and I appreciate what you’ve provided to me, both in this thread and also with some damn solid football takes.

Also, congrats on knowing that your wife will be in good shape financially. It may seem trivial to some, but I personally recognize that it represents a selfless act of love.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Still praying for you Roo. You have run the good race and even at the finish line you are still touching peoples lives and spreading God's word. You are an amazing man, God bless you.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Thanks for sharing all that. Your post touched me as much as mine touched you. I'm putting you on my prayer list - you can count on it for however more time I have.

I read it to my wife and she got teary-eyed. She asked me to copy it and send it to her. She's a paper lover, she'll print it and put it in one of her many loose-leaf folders. I keep trying to train her to use the document files but she keeps printing stuff.

She has two daughters that live in Maui so she'll be moving there after I'm gone. I don't know what it's going to cost her to move all that paper?! She can afford it though, I'll be leaving her in good shape financially.
        I feel what Rivers must have felt on that final drive to get LT the record. The team all fighting together to get him across. Only to watch him get carried off by his brothers on the field after he does it.

Roos drive of drives. And im part of it. An experience many here will grow from.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I feel what Rivers must have felt on that final drive to get LT the record. The team all fighting together to get him across. Only to watch him get carried off by his brothers on the field after he does it.

Roos drive of drives. And im part of it. An experience many here will grow from.
          Amen.
          Glad this is on here.
          Thanks Fleet for this msg.
          I agree about everyone growing.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

I’ve stop saying I can’t wait for anything without a thought or two about you Roo. I’m happy you are at peace with yourself on these last days. I can only hope I can be in the same frame of mind when it’s my turn. Rest easy, Roo.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
              East Coast Chargers Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
              • Send PM

Sending more prayers and positive mojo you way Roo. You are an inspiration to us all.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

We are all with you, man.
                Even here, in Quebec City !

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I've been thinking it's probably time for me to update so thanks for the reminder. Before I go on, I just want to say God bless you for your attitude about all this.

Here's where I am now. My breathing grows more shallow every day. I'm so weak that I can hardly believe it's me. I doubt I could lift 25 pounds now. Without my walker and wheelchair I'd be confined to a hospital bed. They gave me a pill that helps my breathing but makes me pee myself - I'm an old Marine, I refuse to go down peeing myself. They gave me morphine for the pain in the lungs but I hate to take it because it takes control of me, so avoid it as long as I can. My hospice nurse says I'm torturing myself. I say "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me".

According to the doctor, I'll be dead in ten days. He says the outside chance I have is the 12th. I'm sure God didn't give him that date so
                  I'm praying that Jesus will remove the tumors and I'll slowly return to good health.

When I read and post in the Powder Blues I find that I can do so as if I know I'll be around for the coming draft and season. I don't know if that's the right attitude but I don't know this forum takes some of the reality of my situation off my mind for a while and I'm thankful for that.

If it’s God's will that I come to Heaven, I plan to die with dignity, unafraid and happy to go, and I can do that through Christ, who strengthens me.
                  I’m heartbroken by your physical condition. Godspeed to you. And congratulations on a life well lived.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I've been thinking it's probably time for me to update so thanks for the reminder. Before I go on, I just want to say God bless you for your attitude about all this.

Here's where I am now. My breathing grows more shallow every day. I'm so weak that I can hardly believe it's me. I doubt I could lift 25 pounds now. Without my walker and wheelchair I'd be confined to a hospital bed. They gave me a pill that helps my breathing but makes me pee myself - I'm an old Marine, I refuse to go down peeing myself. They gave me morphine for the pain in the lungs but I hate to take it because it takes control of me, so avoid it as long as I can. My hospice nurse says I'm torturing myself. I say "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me".

According to the doctor, I'll be dead in ten days. He says the outside chance I have is the 12th. I'm sure God didn't give him that date so
                    I'm praying that Jesus will remove the tumors and I'll slowly return to good health.

When I read and post in the Powder Blues I find that I can do so as if I know I'll be around for the coming draft and season. I don't know if that's the right attitude but I don't know this forum takes some of the reality of my situation off my mind for a while and I'm thankful for that.

If it’s God's will that I come to Heaven, I plan to die with dignity, unafraid and happy to go, and I can do that through Christ, who strengthens me.
                    We will all be thinking of you these next few weeks Roo. Godspeed.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Wow. Thanks for sharing that strength brother. I cant think of a better way to start my day than to read those words of strength and positivity through the bleakest of outside expectations.

My cousin was an active FB girl. But the minute she started taking the morphine she was done. No more posting as she wasn't making sense. And while it was somewhat adorable to read what she was trying to say...it was somewhat painful for me to watch. She had never taken a drug in her life. Opiates will get you in the ground pretty fast when terminal. You do what you have to do...I wish i could make you some natural plant medicine for the pain. lol

I think in some way i wish i could have shared one last post with her. Said goodbye. I wish she could have said goodbye before the pain meds took away her usual personality. They really do suck the life out of you. I think you trying to remain as much of yourself as you can up until the end is so freaking commendable. But do what you have to. God does not oppose science.

You know the first time i opened the bible i was suicidal. I just had zero desire to live. Separated with my wife. After a bout of severe osteomyelitis. Brother died of AIDs. I prayed for the first time. A sincere cry for help. I opened the book and it was the first page of Job. Now i always think of that first exp when things in my life get bad. I think about those who have lost everything...children...their homes...their finances...and are just hopeless. And then i think of Job and his faith. No matter how bad it got he never turned away.

I think i have always thought of Job when the shit hits the fan...and in my life thats been a lot. A whole lot. A whole lot of mental stuff later in my life. Physical beatdowns. Just so many losses.

I want you to know Roo that i will think of you whenever i am against it. Whenever i look to the sky and just ask God to take me...and i do it often....i will think about you. And the strength you give me to finish. When i am in immense pain i will think about your resolve.

I know you had a great beginning in your life. A great middle part of your life. And your Golden years were blessed with love. But my man your final chapter? Your final drive? Going for it on 4th down with seconds to go and scoring? Winning the game? Roos final drive with all of us around him? EPIC!!!!! LEGENDARY!!!!

Might be the most impactful moment ive ever experienced in my life from an online community. The Book Of Roo, Brother your crown will be adorned.

May God heal you.
                      I want to thank you too Fleet for this community you have built. I, and I’m sure many others here, would be much poorer without you and TPB. Stay well.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

God bless you.You're an inspiration.
                        Go Bolts !

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

You and your loved ones are in my prayers, Roo. It's a blessing that you know where you're going and that the best is still ahead! I'll see you on the other side, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X