• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

For what is worth, I could see the wisdom in shutting down the religious thread. Too much room for arguments that go over the top. Chalk up a win for the devil.

The last thing I ever want to do is to mess up this forum. It's run so well and is a great place to come to when you need a break from some of the bad things that happen to us as we go through each day. In my case, it's become a very important thing to me as I am unable to do much other than sitting around.
    Don't worry, everything's fine.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

For what is worth, I could see the wisdom in shutting down the religious thread. Too much room for arguments that go over the top. Chalk up a win for the devil.

The last thing I ever want to do is to mess up this forum. It's run so well and is a great place to come to when you need a break from some of the bad things that happen to us as we go through each day. In my case, it's become a very important thing to me as I am unable to do much other than sitting around.
      I have zero intentions of shutting this thread down Roo. I think God is alive and well in this thread. Its going nowhere. I will move this thread to the Member section when its time and if members want to discuss you and your faith they can.

Comment

• BOLTtfUP
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Hang in there, dude! Praying that God can bless you with more Chargers football seasons.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Blessings and graces come from suffering, Roo. And the greater the suffering, the greater the graces. We both know that. You are setting such a great example of how to live and die as a Christian man. Maybe your example will save even one person here. What a tremendous gift that would be.

Fleet, thank you for being a stand up guy and and a true friend to all of us here. This is so much more than a football forum, although I respect we need to mostly talk about football on it. But we have shared and helped each other through a lot of tough times over the years.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Roo check in buddy. How are you feeling man? Up to the last minute bro....until you cant type any longer...we got you. Whatever it is you need to say you can. I know how prepared you are. But we're also preparing. So i hope you dont mind me asking.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
              Roo check in buddy. How are you feeling man? Up to the last minute bro....until you cant type any longer...we got you. Whatever it is you need to say you can. I know how prepared you are. But we're also preparing. So i hope you dont mind me asking.
              I've been thinking it's probably time for me to update so thanks for the reminder. Before I go on, I just want to say God bless you for your attitude about all this.

Here's where I am now. My breathing grows more shallow every day. I'm so weak that I can hardly believe it's me. I doubt I could lift 25 pounds now. Without my walker and wheelchair I'd be confined to a hospital bed. They gave me a pill that helps my breathing but makes me pee myself - I'm an old Marine, I refuse to go down peeing myself. They gave me morphine for the pain in the lungs but I hate to take it because it takes control of me, so avoid it as long as I can. My hospice nurse says I'm torturing myself. I say "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me".

According to the doctor, I'll be dead in ten days. He says the outside chance I have is the 12th. I'm sure God didn't give him that date so
              I'm praying that Jesus will remove the tumors and I'll slowly return to good health.

When I read and post in the Powder Blues I find that I can do so as if I know I'll be around for the coming draft and season. I don't know if that's the right attitude but I don't know this forum takes some of the reality of my situation off my mind for a while and I'm thankful for that.

If it’s God's will that I come to Heaven, I plan to die with dignity, unafraid and happy to go, and I can do that through Christ, who strengthens me.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I want dearly to hear your draft takes, Roo. Hang in there, buddy! We're all pulling for you!
                Love you, Bolt Brother!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

I've been thinking it's probably time for me to update so thanks for the reminder. Before I go on, I just want to say God bless you for your attitude about all this.

Here's where I am now. My breathing grows more shallow every day. I'm so weak that I can hardly believe it's me. I doubt I could lift 25 pounds now. Without my walker and wheelchair I'd be confined to a hospital bed. They gave me a pill that helps my breathing but makes me pee myself - I'm an old Marine, I refuse to go down peeing myself. They gave me morphine for the pain in the lungs but I hate to take it because it takes control of me, so avoid it as long as I can. My hospice nurse says I'm torturing myself. I say "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me".

According to the doctor, I'll be dead in ten days. He says the outside chance I have is the 12th. I'm sure God didn't give him that date so
                  I'm praying that Jesus will remove the tumors and I'll slowly return to good health.

When I read and post in the Powder Blues I find that I can do so as if I know I'll be around for the coming draft and season. I don't know if that's the right attitude but I don't know this forum takes some of the reality of my situation off my mind for a while and I'm thankful for that.

If it’s God's will that I come to Heaven, I plan to die with dignity, unafraid and happy to go, and I can do that through Christ, who strengthens me.
                  Wow. Thanks for sharing that strength brother. I cant think of a better way to start my day than to read those words of strength and positivity through the bleakest of outside expectations.

My cousin was an active FB girl. But the minute she started taking the morphine she was done. No more posting as she wasn't making sense. And while it was somewhat adorable to read what she was trying to say...it was somewhat painful for me to watch. She had never taken a drug in her life. Opiates will get you in the ground pretty fast when terminal. You do what you have to do...I wish i could make you some natural plant medicine for the pain. lol

I think in some way i wish i could have shared one last post with her. Said goodbye. I wish she could have said goodbye before the pain meds took away her usual personality. They really do suck the life out of you. I think you trying to remain as much of yourself as you can up until the end is so freaking commendable. But do what you have to. God does not oppose science.

You know the first time i opened the bible i was suicidal. I just had zero desire to live. Separated with my wife. After a bout of severe osteomyelitis. Brother died of AIDs. I prayed for the first time. A sincere cry for help. I opened the book and it was the first page of Job. Now i always think of that first exp when things in my life get bad. I think about those who have lost everything...children...their homes...their finances...and are just hopeless. And then i think of Job and his faith. No matter how bad it got he never turned away.

I think i have always thought of Job when the shit hits the fan...and in my life thats been a lot. A whole lot. A whole lot of mental stuff later in my life. Physical beatdowns. Just so many losses.

I want you to know Roo that i will think of you whenever i am against it. Whenever i look to the sky and just ask God to take me...and i do it often....i will think about you. And the strength you give me to finish. When i am in immense pain i will think about your resolve.

I know you had a great beginning in your life. A great middle part of your life. And your Golden years were blessed with love. But my man your final chapter? Your final drive? Going for it on 4th down with seconds to go and scoring? Winning the game? Roos final drive with all of us around him? EPIC!!!!! LEGENDARY!!!!

Might be the most impactful moment ive ever experienced in my life from an online community. The Book Of Roo, Brother your crown will be adorned.

May God heal you.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Solid words, Fleet!
                    Thanks for sharing.​
                    And Roo, we're going to expect to read your takes on TT's( most likely!) head scratching choices on Draft Day, so keep fighting Marine.

Comment

• Craig440
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

You're an insperation to us all Roo. God Bless you.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Wow. Thanks for sharing that strength brother. I cant think of a better way to start my day than to read those words of strength and positivity through the bleakest of outside expectations.

My cousin was an active FB girl. But the minute she started taking the morphine she was done. No more posting as she wasn't making sense. And while it was somewhat adorable to read what she was trying to say...it was somewhat painful for me to watch. She had never taken a drug in her life. Opiates will get you in the ground pretty fast when terminal. You do what you have to do...I wish i could make you some natural plant medicine for the pain. lol

I think in some way i wish i could have shared one last post with her. Said goodbye. I wish she could have said goodbye before the pain meds took away her usual personality. They really do suck the life out of you. I think you trying to remain as much of yourself as you can up until the end is so freaking commendable. But do what you have to. God does not oppose science.

You know the first time i opened the bible i was suicidal. I just had zero desire to live. Separated with my wife. After a bout of severe osteomyelitis. Brother died of AIDs. I prayed for the first time. A sincere cry for help. I opened the book and it was the first page of Job. Now i always think of that first exp when things in my life get bad. I think about those who have lost everything...children...their homes...their finances...and are just hopeless. And then i think of Job and his faith. No matter how bad it got he never turned away.

I think i have always thought of Job when the shit hits the fan...and in my life thats been a lot. A whole lot. A whole lot of mental stuff later in my life. Physical beatdowns. Just so many losses.

I want you to know Roo that i will think of you whenever i am against it. Whenever i look to the sky and just ask God to take me...and i do it often....i will think about you. And the strength you give me to finish. When i am in immense pain i will think about your resolve.

I know you had a great beginning in your life. A great middle part of your life. And your Golden years were blessed with love. But my man your final chapter? Your final drive? Going for it on 4th down with seconds to go and scoring? Winning the game? Roos final drive with all of us around him? EPIC!!!!! LEGENDARY!!!!

Might be the most impactful moment ive ever experienced in my life from an online community. The Book Of Roo, Brother your crown will be adorned.

May God heal you.
                        Thanks for sharing all that. Your post touched me as much as mine touched you. I'm putting you on my prayer list - you can count on it for however more time I have.

I read it to my wife and she got teary-eyed. She asked me to copy it and send it to her. She's a paper lover, she'll print it and put it in one of her many loose-leaf folders. I keep trying to train her to use the document files but she keeps printing stuff.

She has two daughters that live in Maui so she'll be moving there after I'm gone. I don't know what it's going to cost her to move all that paper?! She can afford it though, I'll be leaving her in good shape financially.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Thanks for sharing all that. Your post touched me as much as mine touched you. I'm putting you on my prayer list - you can count on it for however more time I have.

I read it to my wife and she got teary-eyed. She asked me to copy it and send it to her. She's a paper lover, she'll print it and put it in one of her many loose-leaf folders. I keep trying to train her to use the document files but she keeps printing stuff.

She has two daughters that live in Maui so she'll be moving there after I'm gone. I don't know what it's going to cost her to move all that paper?! She can afford it though, I'll be leaving her in good shape financially.
                          God bless Roo.
                          Everytime I get on here iam looking to see your words.

Comment

Working...
                          X