Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Don't mourn when I pass. Instead have a little celebration, praising God that I'm safe and sound - pain-free, breathing like a kid and strong again. Better times are coming and they will last forever and ever!
    The way you carry yourself is inspiring. I too look forward to the kingdom of heaven. I pray for you every day my friend. Godspeed on your journey.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Don't mourn when I pass. Instead have a little celebration, praising God that I'm safe and sound - pain-free, breathing like a kid and strong again. Better times are coming and they will last forever and ever!
      Of course we'll mourn! Not for *you*, but for *us*, because we'll have lost someone we've had a connection with, that we valued.

But yes, we'll be celebrating for YOU. You will have reached your reward and know nothing but peace.

Looking forward to meeting again, if the Big Guy puts us in the same zip code.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Our selfish humanistic side mourns as we will miss you, yet our spiritual side rejoices with you as you will be home in an uncomprehendable place of glory. You have run the good race and earned your crown.

I am excited for you but sad for this earth as we will lose a good man. Still praying for you Roo.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Holding you in the light, brother.
          While you shine your light on the rest of us.

Comment

• Craig440
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Bumping just because I want to.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
              Bumping just because I want to.
              And an excellent bump it is, sir!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

We're ALL with you, Roo!

Comment

• ~sdc
                  PURA VIDA
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

I just came upon this. I heard that you were fighting the ultimate battle, but your clarity, calm, and strength are truly inspirational. While this makes me very sad, I can also look back on the early days of the UT with a smile on my face. You were always the voice of reason and did a great job keeping all of us knuckleheads in our lanes. I'm praying for you my friend, God speed, and thanks for being an amazing person.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

This has been a really bad day for me. I awoke to deep pain in my lungs and very poor breathing. It's been a bit discouraging but then the thought came to me how wonderful it'll be tomorrow when it's all cleared up. Praise Jesus for the bad days because they make the better days seem so good!

Once again, thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Roo, I hope you’ll leave us with one more thread, the Day 1 Draft Thread, even if you start it early. We’re all hoping you're around to celebrate this year’s draft class.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Roo, I hope you’ll leave us with one more thread, the Day 1 Draft Thread, even if you start it early. We’re all hoping you're around to celebrate this year’s draft class.
                        Agree. Would love to see that. The entire weekend and beyond would be great.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

This has been a really bad day for me. I awoke to deep pain in my lungs and very poor breathing. It's been a bit discouraging but then the thought came to me how wonderful it'll be tomorrow when it's all cleared up. Praise Jesus for the bad days because they make the better days seem so good!

Once again, thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.
                          There will still be some good days ahead chargeroo: i went through this with my mom who had what currently afflicts you.
                          You're in everyone's thoughts here, even though words often fail us, and i wish you peaceful dreams tonight.
                          One day at a time: tomorrow will be better.

Yeah, pick 17 will be something of a mild surprise; and then we'll wonder why we didn't see it coming.
                          Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-15-2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X