Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Best weekend of football ever.
    The games were close, which made them interesting in that sense, but the quality of football was just awful in terms of being filled with really horrible mistakes instead of great football competition.

WTF is Tannehill doing throwing into tight coverage when the worst thing that would have happened for the Titans was OT? How does GB allow a blocked punt when SF's offense can't do anything? GB could only lose with a game changing mistake.

How could LAR and TB both leave deep WRs wide open in the final moments of the game? And that was after the Rams screwed up all half long.

And finally, the one that takes the cake. After playing an awful game on defense all game long, Buffalo flushes its season with the three worst in game tactical decisions back to back to back that I have ever seen to just give the game away.

Impressively bad football all weekend long.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The games were close, which made them interesting in that sense, but the quality of football was just awful in terms of being filled with really horrible mistakes instead of great football competition.

WTF is Tannehill doing throwing into tight coverage when the worst thing that would have happened for the Titans was OT? How does GB allow a blocked punt when SF's offense can't do anything? GB could only lose with a game changing mistake.

How could LAR and TB both leave deep WRs wide open in the final moments of the game? And that was after the Rams screwed up all half long.

And finally, the one that takes the cake. After playing an awful game on defense all game long, Buffalo flushes its season with the three worst in game tactical decisions back to back to back that I have ever seen to just give the game away.

Impressively bad football all weekend long.
      The TB defensive coordinator should have been fired for calling a blitz with no safety help and only 13 seconds left with the Rams having no time outs when the only play that could have hurt them is a long pass. Just terrible play calling, I do not like prevent defense, but you have to play it in that scenario.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Don’t take the fun out of the game.
        Glaring inconsistencies in officiating...that takes the fun out of the game.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Glaring inconsistencies in officiating...that takes the fun out of the game.
          I am glad they didn't call Hill for taunting but that right there was taunting

As for the Bills - maybe they should have squib kicked it to take time off the clock

or maybe they shouldn't have played 20 yards off the receivers like Hill and Kelce and not given them a free pass up the field. I say rush 3, put a LB on Kelce to hit him at the line, hell tackle him and Hill - take the 5 yard penalty but hopefully burn a down and clock

Terrible by McDermott

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The TB defensive coordinator should have been fired for calling a blitz with no safety help and only 13 seconds left with the Rams having no time outs when the only play that could have hurt them is a long pass. Just terrible play calling, I do not like prevent defense, but you have to play it in that scenario.
            If you are going to bring pressure - you have to have safety help deep - that is all. And again, if you are Winfield and can tackle Kupp, tackle him as he leaves the line of scrimmage

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

As for the Bills - maybe they should have squib kicked it to take time off the clock

or maybe they shouldn't have played 20 yards off the receivers like Hill and Kelce and not given them a free pass up the field. I say rush 3, put a LB on Kelce to hit him at the line, hell tackle him and Hill - take the 5 yard penalty but hopefully burn a down and clock

Terrible by McDermott
              That defensive approach was as bad as it gets. It's not like Mahommes had to do anything except a quick toss to wide open receivers. There was no time for the pass rush to get there so rushing 4 did absolutely nothing except give KC more room to work. And a squib kick would likely have taken away at least one play.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

t
                I agree and was thinking the same thing, B4K. The taunting rule is stupid and was over enforced, but what he did should have been called based on how they called this junk all season. Hill did a bunch of stuff like that during the game, a couple on the bench of the Bills when he went out of bounds. He is a great player but lots of reasons to not like him as a human.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Repeat offender.
                  Pom pom incident got him fined.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That defensive approach was as bad as it gets. It's not like Mahommes had to do anything except a quick toss to wide open receivers. There was no time for the pass rush to get there so rushing 4 did absolutely nothing except give KC more room to work. And a squib kick would likely have taken away at least one play.
                    They didn't need to rush four with Mahomes - hell they never got to him anyway. But three rushers would have been fine just to keep him honest. Hindsight is 20/20 but again, just play three safeties deep and have the Dbs at the line playing man to man, - at the snap, hit them within five yards and keep hitting them and maybe you get a PI for 15 but at least make the Chiefs use clock

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I agree and was thinking the same thing, B4K. The taunting rule is stupid and was over enforced, but what he did should have been called based on how they called this junk all season. Hill did a bunch of stuff like that during the game, a couple on the bench of the Bills when he went out of bounds. He is a great player but lots of reasons to not like him as a human.

TG
                      Here is why the rule is stupid

Suh got 15 yards for barking at Hochuli or taunting or whatever when he was just telling the ref the guy grabbed me. Hill as clear as day at the 15 yard line, gave the peace sign. That has to be called.

And again, there is no way in hell defensive holding should be an auto first down
                      first period, Hill was held, right call, 3rd and 11, auto first down, Chiefs get new downs, get a TD

one play in the final drive by Buffalo, guy was held, he caught the ball, but was held, no call. zero consistency on those calls and so many times the down and distance is longer than 5 yards and the receiver may not even be the intended target

Comment

• Here is a question on the offenses of the Chiefs and Bills...they both seem similar in the fact they have all these smaller fast type receivers.(the chiefs have loaded up...man they have an endless supply)...so watching the game...I just go so tired of watching the QB drop back, then drop it off underneath to allow the supernat cause misses and get yards, which happened a lot. My question is...is this the future? Cause if everyone starts doing it to the game will be unwatchable. but it seems to work.

obviously small super fast guys which incredible skills are much easier to come by than bigger guys with the same skills. seriously...Andy Reed knows how to collect them.

I hope we never get to that point with our offense, but it would be smart I think for the Bolts to adopt some of the running plays that Josh Allen ran...the option/dump it off type plays...they seem so hard to defend....

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Worst defensive game....EVER?
                          We should know more than any fan base the answer to that is …No.

Comment

Working...
                          X