X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post

Teams win games though. Mahomes made some great passes at the end there and had the nerves to do so as well. Each critical pass he threw were ropes on target between the numbers. for example that pass to Kelce at the end of that 0:13 second drive hit Kelce in stride right in his hands and made off a quick read. That's not an easy pass, much less with 8 seconds left - for your season.
    Brady gets similar criticism, but its such a flimsy argument imo.
    If teams can't stop what you do, other teams try to do what you do but can't and you're the only one winning like that then it's working and you got something special.
    Neither Hill nor Kelce were defended at all after BUF inexplicably decided not to force KC to burn half of the then remaining 13 seconds on a kickoff return in the worst 3 play sequence of play calling I have seen any team make this entire season.

I was actually just about to post that not only does every NFL QB make those passes, I think there are some high school QBs that would have hit those. Mahomes had nothing to do with that end of regulation debacle by the Bills.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Neither Hill nor Kelce were defended at all after BUF inexplicably decided not to force KC to burn half of the then remaining 13 seconds on a kickoff return in the worst 3 play sequence of play calling I have seen any team make this entire season.

I was actually just about to post that not only does every NFL QB make those passes, I think there are some high school QBs that would have hit those. Mahomes had nothing to do with that end of regulation debacle by the Bills.
      Agree to disagree then.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post

Teams win games though. Mahomes made some great passes at the end there and had the nerves to do so as well. Each critical pass he threw were ropes on target between the numbers. for example that pass to Kelce at the end of that 0:13 second drive hit Kelce in stride right in his hands and made off a quick read. That's not an easy pass, much less with 8 seconds left - for your season.
        Brady gets similar criticism, but its such a flimsy argument imo.
        If teams can't stop what you do, other teams try to do what you do but can't and you're the only one winning like that then it's working and you got something special.

I'd say nerves of steel/clutch gene are the most vital for the play-offs and both Brady/Mahomes have it, plain and simple. It's rare you see them make bad plays down the stretch, however they have highlight reels of legendary plays. That's something Rivers often struggled with during the postseason in comparison.
        Kelce was wide open pretty much immediately on that play.....what was Buffalo thinking? No one bothered to cover Kelce, who is Mahomes primary receiver.
        I cannot give Mahomes credit there.....all the credit goes to Leslie Frazier.

Now, if Mahomes spotted Byron Pringle wide open there - then sure, good play by Mahomes.

If it was Rivers, he would have had one of his tackles immediately put on skates and headed towards him at high velocity.....which adds to the degree of difficulty
        We've all seen how well Mahomes fares under pressure in both his Super Bowls.

Comment

• Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Worst defensive game....EVER?
          For the talent that they have and in a playoff game situation and knowing Mahomes' well demonstrated strengths and weaknesses, absolutely.

How could they repeatedly ignore containment on Mahomes? Keeping Mahomes in the pocket is the single most important aspect of defending against Mahomes. Taking away Hill is the most important receiver to negate. They gave him 11 receptions for 150 yards and did not care about containing Mahomes at all. Just the wrong approach all game long.

It was like Frazier had no clue about how to play against KC.

And how can they play prevent at the end (after the idiotic decision not to kickoff short of the end zone and take away half of the game clock before KC's offense ever sets foot on the field)?

They were playing as if they had bet money on the Chiefs.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Josh Allen played a near perfect playoffs in 2021. And he’s going home.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Kelce was wide open pretty much immediately on that play.....what was Buffalo thinking? No one bothered to cover Kelce, who is Mahomes primary receiver.
              I cannot give Mahomes credit there.....all the credit goes to Leslie Frazier.

Now, if Mahomes spotted Byron Pringle wide open there - then sure, good play by Mahomes.

If it was Rivers, he would have had one of his tackles immediately put on skates and headed towards him at high velocity.....which adds to the degree of difficulty
              We've all seen how well Mahomes fares under pressure in both his Super Bowls.
              Agree to disagree here then I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He's at the point where he is going to get crucified for whatever he does.....he'll mumble something about the process at his final press conference.
                Honestly, I am surprised that the issue of job security even surfaced at his last press conference. To me, that indicates that perhaps there is a little more anti-Telesco sentiment out there than I may have previously believed existed.

This upcoming offseason is the most important one of his time with the Chargers, though.

I think everyone could see that we sacrificed some on defensive personnel to get the players on the OL to protect Herbert given our limited cap space.

But in the next season, I think Telesco has to do all of the following (in addition to re-signing our own key free agents where possible):

1. Put the finishing touches on the offense by adding most or all of a RT, a speedy WR, and a speedy big RB.
                2. Fix the defense by adding multiple CBs and DL players and adding quality depth everywhere else.
                3. Get a new punter.

Absent extraordinary circumstances, no playoffs next year should result in Telesco being fired and Staley's seat at least getting warm.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

We reaaally gonna get into this Again man?

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                    Who said here that Melvin Ingram was average?
                    He was the best defensive player on the field in the 4rth Q.

I wish the Chargers had a guy like that.
                    I root for the Chiefs only because I want to see SupaMel get his ring.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                      This was not a boring weekend of football.
                      Best weekend of football ever.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So late in tonights game, Tyreek gave his famous "V for victory" gesture while scoring a crucial TD. No flag.

In Super Bowl 55, Antoine Winfield Jr was flagged and fined for doing this same gesture at Tyreek.

I posted the YouTube video.
                        What do you think ?
                        Don’t take the fun out of the game.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          Andy Reid 4 straight AFCCGs with KC and 3 straight NFCCGs with Eagles.

Similar type of teams for Andy.
                          QB who can make off script plays and speed at skill positions.

I thought it was a copy cat league.
                          I want to see Andy Reid retire After the SB. As in NOW. Reid is a football genius
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X