• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. I didn't expect our o-line to start the season great. But this week we saw what can happen with poor o-line play - poor d-line play. Because poor o-line play can keep the defense on the field too long. That is a bad combination to have on gameday.
    We had the ball longer than they did today.

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We applauded Dalessandri for how quickly he revamped the line in 2013, even had to reshuffle the line due to injuries that year too. Maybe he's the Wade Phillips of line coaches, big improvement first year then get worse after.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        They made the playoffs because of their record before Palmer got hurt. People ignore the talent level that Arians had coming into his job compared to what McCoy had.
        Palmer only played in 6 games last season. I don't think a team can make the playoffs with 6 wins.

Cardinals have a lot of good defensive players, but most of them have missed gobs of time since Arians arrived. As many injuries as the Chargers have had, I think the Cardinals have had more.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
          Palmer only played in 6 games last season. I don't think a team can make the playoffs with 6 wins.

Cardinals have a lot of good defensive players, but most of them have missed gobs of time since Arians arrived. As many injuries as the Chargers have had, I think the Cardinals have had more.
          And yet their talent level far exceeded what McCoy had when he arrived.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

We had the ball longer than they did today.
            Then they needed to be on the field even less because they were non-existent when they were on the field today. Especially when Bernard started getting his carries.

Wow, that's a sad stat.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• RollingThunder
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
              Then they needed to be on the field even less because they were non-existent when they were on the field today. Especially when Bernard started getting his carries.

Wow, that's a sad stat.
              Honestly, do you purposely post dumb and uniformed posts? I have a hard time taking you seriously sometimes because I think it may be an act with just how dumb some of your takes are.
              Last edited by RollingThunder; 09-20-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
                Honestly, do you purposely post dumb and uniformed posts? I have a hard time taking you seriously sometimes because I think it may be an act with just how dumb some of your takes are.
                Speaking for yourself again.
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

And yet their talent level far exceeded what McCoy had when he arrived.
                  I'm going to say that's not true, and that's just because of quarterback. Rivers is a thousand times better than Palmer.

We had Rivers. They had Palmer.

We were 8-8 the previous season under a shitty coach. They were 5-11 the previous season under a decent coach.

I would say the Cardinals had more players who were good than the Chargers did, but, due to injuries, there wasn't that much of a difference.

We had a way better quarterback.

We had way better runningbacks.

The Cardinals may have had slightly better receivers if you count Gates. If you don't count Gates, then the Cardinals had better wide receivers, and we had a better tight end.

Both teams had terrible offensive lines, but I think the Cardinals had the worst.

The Cardinals had the better defensive line due to Calais Campbell. However, coming into that season, after injuries, it looked like our D line was better. Liuget was expected to be better than he's been, and Campbell was an unknown.

The Cardinals had the better linebackers.

The Cardinals had the better secondary.

My opinion is kind of weak though - it's not like I pay much attention to the Cardinals.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

I believe AZ was 6-0 under palmer before injury. They were easily controlling thir division with a great defense and very strong offense. Their backupnwas pretty decent to keep winning with the strength and depth of their team.

Frankly if you dont have any faith in our players or coaches why the hell are you even watching the Charger games? Seriously....just move on already and quit the endless bitching about them. Let them play the F'in games already....its game 2 of the season...that is 12.5% of the entire season. Give it a rest.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      I believe AZ was 6-0 under palmer before injury. They were easily controlling thir division with a great defense and very strong offense. Their backupnwas pretty decent to keep winning with the strength and depth of their team.

Frankly if you dont have any faith in our players or coaches why the hell are you even watching the Charger games? Seriously....just move on already and quit the endless bitching about them. Let them play the F'in games already....its game 2 of the season...that is 12.5% of the entire season. Give it a rest.
                      You're calling out the wrong person.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

People complain because they care about the team. 50 years of no Super Bowls will do that to you. They're big boys they can take the heat.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

I guess it was to a few.....but i dont agree with your AZ point of view....that team was stacked and arguably in the best division in football...beat Seattle in their house....we beat Seattle in our house....were we not capable when healthy to dominate the Super Bpwl champs last year?

Comment

Working...
                          X