No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    Even worse than Ryan Leaf?
    /thread
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      I guess it was to a few.....but i dont agree with your AZ point of view....that team was stacked and arguably in the best division in football...beat Seattle in their house....we beat Seattle in our house....were we not capable when healthy to dominate the Super Bpwl champs last year?
      My AZ point of view isn't much of a view - I don't really follow them. I just live in the same area.

I'm not one bashing on the coaches (Well, Reich - yea, but I'm not looking to get him fired.) I'm not bashing on McCoy. I'm not saying anything good about him either - I don't know if he's doing a good job or not.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

The OL is going to get better. Today was mostly about the lack of communication and poor teamwork. AS individuals, they are fine, although Barskdale and Hariston are both limited in terms of their upside. But we had our backup Rt and 3rd string RG playing today.

I don't think many other teams can push us around like the Bengals did. They just don't have the physical guys inside to do it. Not that we won't give up some running yards, but the real key is that we didn't mount any pass rush, and we got beat deep in single coverage.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

The players didn't make plays today. Bonehead muff by Keenan Allen that led to the AJ Green TD a few plays later and Verrett dropped an easy interception that also led to a TD a couple of plays later.

That's fourteen points gifted to the Bengals and that cost us the game IMO. That's not on the McCoy or any of the coaching staff. They were in position to make plays but didn't do it.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

The dumb penalties really, really hurt. We were in position to make some big plays against the Lions on 3rd and short, 3rd and medium. Vs Cinci, big plays just to the feild position back and barely more the chains. We also gave them several key 1st downs.

The lack of discipline on the Benard run was just shocking. Attaochu and Liuget get upfeild, totally out of their lanes, don't squeeze down, leave a huge hole that everyone else has to cover up. Just appalling that any 2 professional play can be so casusal at a key point in the game and let their teammates down with their play. Why not just run off the field and save the other team the effort. The Bengals OL didn't even have to block them.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              The players didn't make plays today. Bonehead muff by Keenan Allen that led to the AJ Green TD a few plays later and Verrett dropped an easy interception that also led to a TD a couple of plays later.

That's fourteen points gifted to the Bengals and that cost us the game IMO. That's not on the McCoy or any of the coaching staff. They were in position to make plays but didn't do it.
              Gross.

I don't think mistakes by the players should excuse any mistakes by the coaches.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                The dumb penalties really, really hurt. We were in position to make some big plays against the Lions on 3rd and short, 3rd and medium. Vs Cinci, big plays just to the feild position back and barely more the chains. We also gave them several key 1st downs.

The lack of discipline on the Benard run was just shocking. Attaochu and Liuget get upfeild, totally out of their lanes, don't squeeze down, leave a huge hole that everyone else has to cover up. Just appalling that any 2 professional play can be so casusal at a key point in the game and let their teammates down with their play. Why not just run off the field and save the other team the effort. The Bengals OL didn't even have to block them.
                But a lot of our fans don't want to hear about player errors today. They want to call McCoy soft and a vagina of a coach. No one is perfect, I didn't agree with all of his decisions, and he is not faultless in the loss, but I don't put all - or even the majority - of the blame on him. Though some of us Bolt fans apparently have had it with the HC and everyone else on up chain. So let's petition to get rid of him. It's very sensible.
                Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                  Gross.

I don't think mistakes by the players should excuse any mistakes by the coaches.
                  I don't think you'll hear from our HC or our QB make excuses or throw anyone but themselves under the bus after a loss. But if you think player execution didn't play more of a role than scheme today... Well, let's just say we disagree.
                  Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

I think we're just and average team. Seems this team has no elite level of play. Just inconsistent good to average play.

Rivers had only six incompletion but isn't scaring anyone when we take no shots deep. Either the Oline has to provide some insane amount of time or we need some deep ball help from the WRs.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Give this team a chance to define itself!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
                        I don't think you'll hear from our HC or our QB make excuses or throw anyone but themselves under the bus after a loss. But if you think player execution didn't play more of a role than scheme today... Well, let's just say we disagree.
                        Player execution always plays the biggest part. But players make mistakes in every game. If they always did everything well, there'd be no point in having coaches.

I didn't see much in this game - bad streaming. So I have no idea if the coaches made any mistakes. I'm just saying coaching errors can't be overlooked.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

We are not taking deep shots because the OL can't protect Rivers well enough. And we actually did take a couple of play calls. The Floyd TD for one. The Bengals are not a bunch of idiots. They don't blow coverages right and left like a lot of teams do, and if you have S in the middle of the field and can pressure the QB with just your base 4, there are not a lot of places to go with the ball.

Our best shot was to run the ball successfully and we didn't do that well enough. I thought Gordon was great, but our RB are still getting hit in the backfield, which is just inexcusable. It doesn't help that our 3rd string OG is in and backup RT is playing. They got man handled today, although Franklin didn't do very well either.

Comment

Working...
                          X