Improving the WR Corps (Mike Williams Signs - 3 Years 60M)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Hopefully we won't need to tag anyone

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
      Hopefully we won't need to tag anyone
      The deadline for franchise tagging already passed.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

To me, MW is just a guy, a good but not great WR. Way over drafted at #7. Good WR's like Cooper are getting cut for cap issues. Modern football is the QB and the line of scrimmage. Your CAP investments need to mirror those.
        Well said, Once Herbie is on his second contract I wouldn't want my highest paid receiver getting more than about 14 and my #2 more than about 8 based on the current cap, (exceptions of course with elites like Hill and Kelce) which Keenan is getting much more than currently. Draft a WR first every 5 years. Look at the talent available in the mid 1st currently.
        Will be very interesting to see what guys like Cooper and Allen Robinson get going to new teams.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

To me, MW is just a guy, a good but not great WR. Way over drafted at #7. Good WR's like Cooper are getting cut for cap issues. Modern football is the QB and the line of scrimmage. Your CAP investments need to mirror those.
          Ok

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Well said, Once Herbie is on his second contract I wouldn't want my highest paid receiver getting more than about 14 and my #2 more than about 8 based on the current cap, (exceptions of course with elites like Hill and Kelce) which Keenan is getting much more than currently. Draft a WR first every 5 years. Look at the talent available in the mid 1st currently.
            Will be very interesting to see what guys like Cooper and Allen Robinson get going to new teams.
            By the time Herbert is getting going to get his deal, Keenan and MW will be on their last year deals and the.teams salary cap will increase 3 times. Keenan' might be over actually, or restructured or extended a year or two for cheaper.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Of course it will increase a little, that is why I pointed out my projections are based on the current cap.
              Mike Williams new deal is for 3 years so he will be a free agent when Herbie is which makes a lot of sense.
              Hoping he will want to stay for a lot less as the 2 or 3 option if he meets expectations, won't get nearly as much but will be a very rich man by then.
              They overpaid him but I get it, this 3 year window might be the best chance ever to win a ring with Herbie.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Keep in mind the salary cap is up 25% in the last 5 years. And is probably going up another 25% in the next 3. $20M/year ain't what it used to be.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Mike Williams' 1150 yds receiving and 9 TDs puts him in the top 10 in both categories for wide receivers. There are 64 starting WRs, that means more than 50 of of the 64 were worse than MW, and only 9 were better. How does that make him just a guy?

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Somehow the Rams will sign him
                    ha
                    GB wil sign him...... it was part of the Rodgers deal......

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Herbert is happy

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Mike Williams' 1150 yds receiving and 9 TDs puts him in the top 10 in both categories for wide receivers. There are 64 starting WRs, that means more than 50 of of the 64 were worse than MW, and only 9 were better. How does that make him just a guy?
                        Mike Williams has been up and down his whole career, to judge him solely off of last year is not wise. I think the signing is def better than a franchise tag, but he is not worth 20 million a year... He can prove me wrong very easily but lets see if that happens. History is not on our side... I would have been much more comfortable with 51 million over 3 years...

Comment

• BoltzHomer
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Whatever makes Herbie happy!

Comment

Working...
                          X