• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    I think Penning is probably gone by 17. More and more I'm wondering if we don't grab a true speed threat at WR like Jameson Williams or Chris Olave. Will make it easier to move on from Keenan Allen in a year or two if need be for cap purposes.
    Some added speed would work for me. I'm hoping we can do that while trading down for an extra pick.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

u8ybdu9gdz581.jpg

That man is in a league of his own. But the combo of our guys can hopefully match up to him and rest of their d line.
      Notice Tillery on the far left here (one of the least double teamed)

Austin Johson is on the far right, and still above him in win rate on pass rush.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think it's Penning in round 1...but...if not OT...another possibility is to package our 3rd rounder with a 5th and/or 6th rounder to move up into the end of round 2 and nab someone like Lucas or Raimann...

A 4rth round pick can move you up only about 10 spots in the 2nd round.

A 5th or 6th moving you up into the 2nd? You'd make GM of the year just with that trade.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Wake up this AM, and still stunned...I just cant see us not being greatly improved on D. TT been very proactive 2 years running...lol, seat must be pretty warm!
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

What a difference a week makes!
            Staley has done an incredible job identifying players that would fit in his scheme and told TT to go and get 'em!
            I'd still like to bring back Justin Jones. We need as many DL as possible to rotate them and keep them fresh.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              Staley has done an incredible job identifying players that would fit in his scheme and told TT to go and get 'em!
              I'd still like to bring back Justin Jones. We need as many DL as possible to rotate them and keep them fresh.
              Need more pass rushers on the IDL. Have to get them, whether in the draft or FA. Still have more to do.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                Let me just say, I too would like to thank Staley and Telesco for following my blueprint thus far:Beer1::cheers:
                So this is what it feels like when you have a real HC with vision. He knows what his team’s glaring need and getting the right players to fix it :cheers:

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

This is what it looks like when you have a really good QB on a rookie deal that is not consuming 20-30% of your cap. Yes, Telesco had Rivers already in place and reaped the benefits of that. But he also had to work to stay within a cap that reflected he had an elite QB. I am glad that Telesco is taking advantage of this window and that the Spanoses, who are always accused of being cheap, are paying out a kings ransom.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Need more pass rushers on the IDL. Have to get them, whether in the draft or FA. Still have more to do.
                    Easier to find another edge and move Bosa inside on obvious pass downs.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

A 4th round pick can move you up only about 10 spots in the 2nd round.

A 5th or 6th moving you up into the 2nd? You'd make GM of the year just with that trade.

Don't we have multiple 5ths and/or 6ths and/or 7ths? There seems to be some maneuvering room (to move up) in that regard.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        I don't think this would be a bad move, either. Guys like Jones are good depth players. It's when you expect them to fill the duties of a full-time starter that you experience the drop off, IMO.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Don't we have multiple 5ths and/or 6ths and/or 7ths? There seems to be some maneuvering room (to move up) in that regard.
                          Well, if you really got a hard on for a second rounder we can trade down from the first. !

Comment

Working...
                          X