• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

If I had to make the pick, I wouldn't pick either because I see too much risk in both Davis and Penning.
    I think there is a great chance both are just guys.

On the other hand, if we (Telesco) drafts a defender, I'd be PUMPED because I will have assumed it has Staley's approval and would expect them to be an elite player under Staley.

Right now I'm all aboard the Jameson train, sorry for the lack of originality, but I think the kid is a natural playmaker.
    he carries his own risk as well but I think he's going to be a better devonte smith (lots of you need to cough up some crow btw) and would put the offense over the top.

WTS, I'm also lacking in originality when it comes to my concern at RT. I can't help but feel that could be our downfall again in 2022. Hence my signature and willingness to take a moderate chance on a former 1 overall OT with something to prove now 2 years removed from his own major injury.
    and he should also be motivated to play KC not because they moved on (that was justified) but because it's satisfying as a competitor to show your old team that you're back, even if they didn't notice last offseason.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Penning carries so much less risk than Davis, so it has to be Penning between the two, especially in a year where we lack a second round pick. But if Davis had Travis Jones's work and conditioning ethic plus Davis's natural ability, I would be leaping over tables and onto the stage to announce the selection of Davis if I were in charge of communicating our draft pick.

If Davis had come into the combine at 325-330 pounds to prove that he meant business, I probably would have given Davis the benefit of the doubt because how often do we see a 3-4 NT with his athletic upside? Davis's natural ability makes him a tempting draft prospect in any circumstance.

I hear, but do not get the Jameson Williams love in this thread. I do not seem to care for the recent anorexic Alabama WR draft candidates. Add in the one season wonder aspect of Williams and his significant injury, which will slow his development and he is not the least bit tempting to me as a draft prospect.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

i want either the best WR or Edge at 17.

RT should of been addressed already with FA.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
          i want either the best WR or Edge at 17.

RT should of been addressed already with FA.
          But it hasnt.I wished they would have grabbed the best available tackle already so we could go strictly BPA this draft but it looks like they may have their eye on a certain tackle this draft?:shrug:

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

JWill not ready to start the season, but ready to finish it sounds perfect.

Comment

• Craig440
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Thanks equivocation and Ghost of Quack. for the info. So Penning doesn't sound like a slam dunk to excel in the NFL.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

After careful consideration, realistically Chargers can trade down and probably still get this player and another pick, but even #17 would select David Ojabo and stash him on IR, have that 5th year option, heck might return before end of season and playoffs and really give the Chargers defense boost they need to win it all!

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

TP @the 9 min mark.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRwY4jYcn1s
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I love him. Not sure he will be ready for the start of the season. I also love Wilson and Olave. But i realize that its not a huge need im just of the mindset that Staley wants to give Herbert who he is over the moon about...a deep threat that doesnt telegraph the plans when hes on the field like Guyton does. Im RT or WR at this point. He mentions that type of player at his combine presser.

BPA most likely. I think we are in a spot that we can get BPA and it fills a need. Everyone keeps saying you can find a complete WR that rips the top off a D and runs insane routes in the 3rd...thois types dont make it there always.

So much of my WR obsession right now is where i think we are headed offensively. I just think its the trend in the NFL. Team are really wanting 3 studs since they are moving towards such a high percentage of 11 personnel.

You have the best deep ball thrower in the league...i just think it takes 4 guys to cover Keenan and MW. You get a guy like Williams a short pass with open field? Have you seen him in the open field? HR hitter.
                    I agree....BPA..... an elite complete speed WR to make our offense un-coverable or a young stud speedy CB..... you can never have enough of those considering we play 3 CB's 90% of time.....

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2020
                      • Send PM

RT OR LB ARE OK, BUT WHO PLAYS GUARD? BOTH MAC AND ABROUSA ARE FREE AGENTS. WHY MOVE FIELER FROM A GOOD SPOT TO QUESTION MARK. SLATER/FIELER/LINDSEY ARE REALLY SOLID. NORTON OR PIPEN SHOULD BE SERVISABLE, BUT WHERE IS OUR RG COMING FROM? NO ONE ON ROSTER QUALIFIES!!!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Jordan Davis is number one pick for me followed by Trevor Penning.

Recall that Davis was routinely double and eve triple teamed in college and still immovable.

If you have Bosa, Davis, and Mack on the DL, who does the offense double team? It’s a matchup nightmare for them.

Davis all the way, but I’d be happy with Penning. He needs to upgrade his technique but he is a rare gifted athelete that can dominate at the position.

WR? Hell no! We have elite talent at WR already. Trenches is where the Chargers get mauled year after year.

it’s like when they drafted BIP and had a shiity OL. Upgrade the OL and all the RB’s improve.

Comment

• Grinners
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Here are some Corners

#NFLDraft #NFLDraft2022 #AhmadGardner #AndrewBoothJr #DerekStingley #KaiirElam #RogerMcCreary #TrentMcDuffie

Comment

Working...
                          X