Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
    My son joined the Army National Guard during his Sophomore year in college, he is now finishing OCS school and graduated college this May. He is transferring out here to Alabama once his OCS school is completed this summer. Very proud of him, he is following in his grandfathers footsteps (who he is named after), his grandfather (my dad) was a helicopter mechanic in Vietnam.
    Bravo!

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

My daughter is 7 and for the first time, beat me at Chess last night!!
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Going way back on my mothers side my great......... grandfather (John Hathorne) was an interesting man.

John Hathorne was the magistrate of Massachusetts Bay Colony towards the beginning of the Salem Witch Trials and is known for how vocal he was during the trials.

Hathorne would live out the remainder of his life in Massachusetts and never apologized for his actions. Despite his lack of remorse, his descendants were ashamed to have him in their family tree. The most notable descendant that was ashamed was Nathaniel Hawthorne who is rumored to have changed the spelling of his name to separate himself from John and William.
        John Hathorne was the magistrate during the Salem Witch Trials. He was known for his reliance on spectral evidence and harsh examinations.

Comment

• pigskin
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Southern Oregon
          • Send PM

I did my first Spartan race today (5k+ with obstacles) sore all over, body aches, but feeling a sense of accomplishment. My wife got me into trying one, think I'm hooked, with 6 months of training I just might try the 10 k! Relaxing with a bottle of Crown now so no guarantees!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            My daughter is 7 and for the first time, beat me at Chess last night!!
            Wow! I bet she was over the moon happy.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
              I did my first Spartan race today (5k+ with obstacles) sore all over, body aches, but feeling a sense of accomplishment. My wife got me into trying one, think I'm hooked, with 6 months of training I just might try the 10 k! Relaxing with a bottle of Crown now so no guarantees!
              Got to take a break here and there. Coingrats!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Going way back on my mothers side my great......... grandfather (John Hathorne) was an interesting man.

John Hathorne was the magistrate during the Salem Witch Trials. He was known for his reliance on spectral evidence and harsh examinations.
                Holy crap! I'm glad I never crossed paths with your ancestor judge. Scary dude.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  My son got promoted to a Captain in the Air Force on Thursday and then graduated medical school on Friday (Air Force scholarship).
                  Impressive. And your daughter is a soccer star?

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

My son joined the Army National Guard during his Sophomore year in college, he is now finishing OCS school and graduated college this May. He is transferring out here to Alabama once his OCS school is completed this summer. Very proud of him, he is following in his grandfathers footsteps (who he is named after), his grandfather (my dad) was a helicopter mechanic in Vietnam.
                    I'm proud of him too. Good job, FoutsFan son!

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Salute and congratulations to him.
                      My dad too was also a helicopter mechanic in Vietnam for the Navy.
                      15 of his 21 years overall as a mechanic, mostly on an aircraft carrier and a few years in a submarine.
                      he sets up his bedroom like a submarine to this day, old habits are hard to break I guess.
                      Love him for his sacrifice even if he's a pain in the arse to live with today.
                      We didn't see each other a lot after my parent's divorce (I was 5) but I'm grateful to have my little girls grow up in a multigenerational household with him here and enjoy his last few years.
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Salute and congratulations to him.
                        My dad too was also a helicopter mechanic in Vietnam for the Navy.
                        15 of his 21 years overall as a mechanic, mostly on an aircraft carrier and a few years in a submarine.
                        he sets up his bedroom like a submarine to this day, old habits are hard to break I guess.
                        Love him for his sacrifice even if he's a pain in the arse to live with today.
                        We didn't see each other a lot after my parent's divorce (I was 5) but I'm grateful to have my little girls grow up in a multigenerational household with him here and enjoy his last few years.
                        Just curious as I've never been on a Sub. How is a room set up like one? For one I figure they are small.

I do not think I could be on a Sub. Imo that's tough sledding. I do thank him for his service.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just curious as I've never been on a Sub. How is a room set up like one? For one I figure they are small.

I do not think I could be on a Sub. Imo that's tough sledding. I do thank him for his service.
                          Thank you of course, I KNOW I wouldn't hack it in a sub.

Based on his descriptions, just very cramped.
                          so his room has one rotating desk chair in the middle of his room and everything is accessible by rotating that chair.
                          EVERYTHING.
                          I'd go into more detail but frankly some of it is a bit more personal than I'd like to share.
                          He would just tell us kids that everything had to be super efficient in the submarine, especially as a cook.
                          he started his career as a cook in a submarine and actually cooked for Nixon at the white house for a bit.
                          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
                          X