• Show
Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

I have a nice little DAC (ifi HipDAC2) but not very good wired headphones. For Audiophile type high res audio type listening I am considering getting either Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 soon. Any audiophiles have any input, I am currently just rocking Koss Porta Pro wired headphones with it. I been trying to spread the cost out but been wanting this since Apple music started doing high res audio with some of their catalog and I also have Fear Incoculum by TOOL in high res audio
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
      I have a nice little DAC (ifi HipDAC2) but not very good wired headphones. For Audiophile type high res audio type listening I am considering getting either Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 soon. Any audiophiles have any input, I am currently just rocking Koss Porta Pro wired headphones with it. I been trying to spread the cost out but been wanting this since Apple music started doing high res audio with some of their catalog and I also have Fear Incoculum by TOOL in high res audio
      I'm not up on headphones... but I know a place that has all of the hi-fi equipment. I see you are in the San Diego area. You should walk into Stereo Unlimited down on Sports Arena Blvd. Cool place and they have wide selection of headphones.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

RIP Mortenson. Legend.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
          Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Oregon
          • Retirement
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          You should walk into Stereo Unlimited down on Sports Arena Blvd. Cool place and they have wide selection of headphones.
          WOW, I can't believe this place is still around. I have a pair of Dynaco A35 speakers that I bought there 46 years ago... and they still sound terrific. I'm waiting for my new Denon DL 301 Mark II cartridge to arrive so I can kick it up a notch!!
          Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Ooooh, headphones and DACS! Right up my alley! For wired headphones, I currently have HD600, HD650, HD800, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home and HiFiman 440i. I play them through a Topping D90 DAC and an A90 amp, which also drives my Persons Scepter S8 studio monitors. Yes, I have a problem!

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

How much do you want to spend? What kind of music do you listen to? The reason I ask this is because headphones of late have been heading to the $1,000 to $3,000 level. I'm really not into headphone as I use a high quality sennheiser bluetooth momentum for myself. The question will come down to a combo of quality headphone amp plus the headphone together. One Youtube person that has a ton of info in the mid to upper range is a guy called Currawong. It's a long and varied rabbit hole but fun none the less. Link to his site. https://www.youtube.com/@Currawong/videos
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post

WOW, I can't believe this place is still around. I have a pair of Dynaco A35 speakers that I bought there 46 years ago... and they still sound terrific. I'm waiting for my new Denon DL 301 Mark II cartridge to arrive so I can kick it up a notch!!
                Yes, they're still around. And they've expanded! Multiple rooms now... all with different equipment and listening pleasure. They sell to audiophiles that have money to burn. Last time I went in with my daughter, the guys there fired up a system that included a $10,000 turn-table, $10,000 receiver, and $20,000 speakers. They put on Dave Brubeck's "Take-5" and it sounded like the band was right there in the room.

I can't justify spending $40,000 on a system... but that system was amazing!
                And the reason that I attached the link was because of th wide variety of headphones they have there. They have two walls of headphones that have a wide variety of prices. I'm sure they have the series of headphones that BlazingBolt is looking for. I imagine he'd like to test-run both before making a selection. These guys would hook him up. Not to mention the geek-out value of wandering the halls/rooms of this place.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Ooooh, headphones and DACS! Right up my alley! For wired headphones, I currently have HD600, HD650, HD800, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home and HiFiman 440i. I play them through a Topping D90 DAC and an A90 amp, which also drives my Persons Scepter S8 studio monitors. Yes, I have a problem!
                  Oh cool, so the HD600 and HD650 are very similar? Almost the same price. I am looking to dabble and not sink tons of cash in to this but still have something nice to listen to, probably going to grab a pair for my birthday in May for myself. I guess I listen more to rock and classic old school rock and metal mostly but I check out everything.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Oh cool, so the HD600 and HD650 are very similar? Almost the same price. I am looking to dabble and not sink tons of cash in to this but still have something nice to listen to, probably going to grab a pair for my birthday in May for myself. I guess I listen more to rock and classic old school rock and metal mostly but I check out everything.
                    They are similar - and as you can tell I like Sennheiser! They take a lot of power to drive to sound their best.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

I have literally become Stinky Wiz with all my typos. I swear its my keyboard.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Dos A Cero! Dos A Cero!

USMNT beats Mexico in the CONCACAF Nations League final. El Tri fans embarrass themselves again, causing the match to be delayed.

Also... Go Aztecs... winning big against Yale.

On to the Sweet 16, rematch against the defending National Champs UConn.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Dos A Cero! Dos A Cero!

USMNT beats Mexico in the CONCACAF Nations League final. El Tri fans embarrass themselves again, causing the match to be delayed.

Also... Go Aztecs... winning big against Yale.

On to the Sweet 16, rematch against the defending National Champs UConn.
                          Shoot i missed that. Had no idea team USA was playing, Ill try to find it online.

The Aztecs dominated.

Comment

Working...
                          X