X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy mother's day to any and all here
    and to all the dudes here, HMD alive or not all the same.
    Family*Trust*respect
    Classic 'Roo > time

Comment

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Happy mother's day to any and all here
      and to all the dudes here, HMD alive or not all the same.
      My mother worked for the mob and didn't know it.

When I was growing up my mother had a box of mementos, and in this box was a big black & white photo that was so big it had to be folded to fit in the box. It was an FBI surveillance photo, in it a young woman and man are holding hands walking down the street in Downtown Oakland. The picture was taken from behind and you can only see their backs. The man and the woman are my mom and dad, when they were courting, before they got married in 1949.

My mother at the time was working as a secretary for an office in Oakland, and the office was a front for the mob, so the story goes, as my mother used to tell it. I don't know exactly what her duties were, but she had no idea she was working for the mob.(Her nickname in high school was "Dopey Doran," her maiden name being Doran.) After a period of surveillance, the FBI figured out my mother was clueless and my father was not mobbed up. The FBI busted the gangsters and in the interview with my mother gave her that photo, which I still have today.

My mother lived from 1926 to 1991 and gave birth to four children. My brother and I live in the Sacramento area; my sis lives outside of Bozeman, MT, up the highway from Yellowstone.

Comment

Working...
      X