• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Great point...there's raw speed...and then there's football game day speed...

In other words, game tape > combine stats
    This is true imo. Tape is king, but i guess while they are there getting measured and interviewed, may as well have them run, do drills and toss them a ball lol.

Seriously i think the combine has its merits. When these scouts/GMs see a guy run fast in the 40, it makes them go look at tape again. Clearly they dont have a handle on everybody as they miss gems all the time.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

This is true imo. Tape is king, but i guess while they are there getting measured and interviewed, may as well have them run, do drills and toss them a ball lol.

Seriously i think the combine has its merits. When these scouts/GMs see a guy run fast in the 40, it makes them go look at tape again. Clearly they dont have a handle on everybody as they miss gems all the time.
      Yep...even though game tape is important, I think where the combine helps some players is when a Sammie Small Schooler runs a scorching 40...or gets in the top 10 in reps in weight lifting...THAT might bring his stock up from a UDFA to maybe a 3rd day draft pick...

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Great point...there's raw speed...and then there's football game day speed...

In other words, game tape > combine stats
        Spiller’s game tape looked good to my untrained eye, college good but not sure any RB not taken in the first round this year is a slam dunk to be better. Pad ‘em up, let’s see what he can do (if he’s all healed up).

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Spiller’s game tape looked good to my untrained eye, college good but not sure any RB not taken in the first round this year is a slam dunk to be better. Pad ‘em up, let’s see what he can do (if he’s all healed up).
          Agree - I literally have no idea what he can do at the pro level and he is ours so let's see.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

You need to check your eye prescription. The two RBs taken in the first round are bonified playmakers.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You need to check your eye prescription. The two RBs taken in the first round are bonified playmakers.
              Read what I wrote: “not sure any RB not taken in the first round this year is a slam dunk…” So I guess we are in total agreement on Bijan and Gibbs.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Read what I wrote: “not sure any RB not taken in the first round this year is a slam dunk…” So I guess we are in total agreement on Bijan and Gibbs.
                I need to check my reading glasses. I do think there are two or three outside the first round that are definitely NFL usable though...
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I need to check my reading glasses. I do think there are two or three outside the first round that are definitely NFL usable though...
                  lol, i love when a TPB'er comes back and can chuckle at himself for a minor flub. we all flub, its all good. hats off, good sir. I think a few of the post-R1 RBs might be good too - we ran out of picks or maybe the staff really does think they got one of those guys last year in Spiller.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

I hope he had a good offseason. I hope he worked out a lot. Because he's not far off.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Whoa. Did not realize he made that many yards after contact. Decisive hitting the hole (when there was one..).

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                        I hope he had a good offseason. I hope he worked out a lot. Because he's not far off.

his vision is good, finds the crease easily. sometimes a little hesitant to hit the hole (maybe its smaller than he used to?)
                        pack on another 5-8 lbs and really punish those DB's moving up on him.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

his vision is good, finds the crease easily. sometimes a little hesitant to hit the hole (maybe its smaller than he used to?)
                          pack on another 5-8 lbs and really punish those DB's moving up on him.
                          Most of those runs, looked like pretty poor blocking for him. Tougher to bring down than I remember.

Comment

Working...
                          X