Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
    TT would be stupid to go into the season without Ekeler and his current stable of other running backs on this squad. That being said, most of those guys suffered from sub par run blocking performance that was heavy on pass protection.
    No... You don't pay Ekeler what he's asking. Not even close.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

TT is going into the season with Ekeler making what Ekeler signed for. Ekeler will play well, Spiller will come on, Kelley is insurance, and maybe, just maybe, Rountree has enough ST value to somehow hang on - or one of the UDFAs surprises us and pushes him off the bus. Eke was a UDFA, after all.

Next year they will need to find a new Ekeler, Spiller needs to step up as an every down back. I’m 50/50 he surprises us with superior play, I am expecting he is a decent JAG++ in 2023 and it depends on the OL to give him gaps really run wild.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Give him a decent hole, get him past the LOS, then watch out.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

TT is going into the season with Ekeler making what Ekeler signed for. Ekeler will play well, Spiller will come on, Kelley is insurance, and maybe, just maybe, Rountree has enough ST value to somehow hang on - or one of the UDFAs surprises us and pushes him off the bus. Eke was a UDFA, after all.

Next year they will need to find a new Ekeler, Spiller needs to step up as an every down back. I’m 50/50 he surprises us with superior play, I am expecting he is a decent JAG++ in 2023 and it depends on the OL to give him gaps really run wild.
          Good take. Spiller if motivated has it all there waiting for him to step in and be a star. I just hope he can come through for us. If not I think we'll see a 1st round pick on a RB next year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Good take. Spiller if motivated has it all there waiting for him to step in and be a star. I just hope he can come through for us. If not I think we'll see a 1st round pick on a RB next year.
            We’re going to pick so late in R1, maybe maybe not. I’d trade any of our 2023 picks for Bijan, thats for sure. Don’t know who or if there even is a 2024 Bijan

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Then, I guess it’s up to Ek. I’ll tell you what tho, the Chargers finished near the bottom in running with him. Now, imagine where they’ll finish without him.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Then, I guess it’s up to Ek. I’ll tell you what tho, the Chargers finished near the bottom in running with him. Now, imagine where they’ll finish without him.
                Did he find an acceptable trade partner?
                He's under contract to the Chargers. All he'll get is a year older and actually lose money by setting out.
                Last year had a different OC and LT- LG-RG. It'll be better with or without Ek. Better yet with.
                But you're right, irt's entirely up to Ekeler.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

I don't think he's that dynamic to this offense. This offense runs through Herbert. I am not afraid to utilize Kelly and Spiller. I don't think there is that much of a drop off. Ek is 28 and some wear and tear has been starting to show.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

They will finish better with or without him. Moore+OL >>> any difference in our RBs

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I don't think he's that dynamic to this offense. This offense runs through Herbert. I am not afraid to utilize Kelly and Spiller. I don't think there is that much of a drop off. Ek is 28 and some wear and tear has been starting to show.
                      basically agree with first half - the Moore+OL uplift this year is much more important than if Eke carries rush plays.

Disagree on 2d - I did not see a single smidge of drop off due to W&T show last year, no idea what you saw. He’s their best playmaker in space for RB passes, that does not show up as much and is not as critical on rush plays though. We shouldn’t be throwing him 100 passes anyway, if we are then we still have a defect in our design.

Moore does not allow defects in design. We’re ok

and Ekeler is going to play for the Chargers - this discussion is all besides the point completely.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

It's not his forty time that kept him off the field. He was hurt then he couldn't pick up pass protection so until he learns pass protection enough to not be a liability he will not get much playing time.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

If Ekeler gone, Moore or not, a duel threat Spiller and Kelly are not. Never have been, never will be. Which means all faith will be put on Moore to account and adjust for that. We shall see. A dynamic Herbert passing threat won’t open up the running game at times when the next play is an obvious needed run that everyone in the stadium knows is coming. We’ll see if Moore, the O-line and those running backs improve over last years dismal performance. That is…if the year end running stats move up from 30th to at least 25th.

Comment

Working...
                          X