First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltgang74
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Green View Post

Did the Raiders have gangstas playing for them? No. Your own article you quoted and the very quote you chose is 100% proof that it is marketing of a gangsta image. Thank you for agreeing with everyone else even though you wont even acknowledge to yourself you did. You just said it was marketing and continued marketing of a gangsta image that make the Raiders popular in LA . It has not been on the field performance.
    Buuuut they do have ringS.Might help.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Green
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

Mark Davis understands why the Raiders still have a fan base in LA, and that is why he was rooting for the Bengals to win.

In the '80s, the Raiders has a gangsta persona, under Al Davis, it's one reason why Marty Schottenheimer didn't like the Raiders or Al Davis, which fueled his motivation to beat them - Raiders week. The Raiders' gangsta persona cemented itself with a certain type of fan in L.A. that has carried over from previous generations.

Did the Raiders have gangstas playing for them? No. Your own article you quoted and the very quote you chose is 100% proof that it is marketing of a gangsta image. Thank you for agreeing with everyone else even though you wont even acknowledge to yourself you did. You just said it was marketing and continued marketing of a gangsta image that make the Raiders popular in LA . It has not been on the field performance.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied

Animated comic book = cartoon.
    Then we have different definitions of cartoon.

Leave a comment:

• BlazingBolt
    replied
    The LA market is hostile to the Chargers. No amount of marketing is going to change that. No amount of winning awards for social media is going to create a single new Chargers fan in the Los Angeles area. The only chance the Chargers have of winning new fans in LA is to win on the field.
    Do you live in LA? I don’t get this senses at all, where do you get it from.

if you just look at marketing’s posts you can see plenty of people saying they didn’t care or watch football before but that they were now interested.

so you have people declaring exactly what you say is impossible.

if winning was the only thing that mattered then when the hell are we Chargers fans when we have won a title since 63? The stance we shouldn’t market is idiotic. The stance marketing doesn’t work is also idiotic. That people in LA might like the chargers even though they only made the playoffs once in LA because they have cool players are exciting to watch have great uniforms and social marketing team that gets it is not impossible. I get positive chargers comments wearing chargers gear in LA all the time. Everyone loves Herbert. Marketing him as anime hero you don’t think can affect some kids future life as a chargers fan?

the entire shit stance is my team hasn’t won the super bowl so I’m angry and I don’t want them wasting there time doing anything else good until they get that right. It’s an indefensibly dumb take. If they did an average or go hum job with this release video you wouldn’t be angry but how dare they get attention for something other than winning. Are you mad when they give to charity or sell clothing. ?

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    I rewatched that game for the 6th or 7th time that night.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    unrelated - i turned on NFL Network last night and they were airing the final raider game. I turned that shit off before they managed to run one fucking play. I’m moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

Again, you couldn't be more wrong. Here is a story from February in the Las Vegas newspaper that will help you understand why the Raiders, who played in LA until '94, remain popular in Los Angeles. https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...-town-2528596/

Mark Davis understands why the Raiders still have a fan base in LA, and that is why he was rooting for the Bengals to win.

In the '80s, the Raiders has a gangsta persona, under Al Davis, it's one reason why Marty Schottenheimer didn't like the Raiders or Al Davis, which fueled his motivation to beat them - Raiders week. The Raiders' gangsta persona cemented itself with a certain type of fan in L.A. that has carried over from previous generations.

This is what I'm talking about. No silly amine marketing gimmick is going impress a single football fan in LA.

Again, everything hinges on just one thing:
    They are going for the “Rams are old guy football, Chargers are hip cool kids football”. Their marketing is too subtle, scattershot and ineffective for that to work imo. Best plan would be to just win more.

Raiders have a national following as faux criminals. wannabes that want to pretend they are tough guys and bad boys want to be associated with Raiders. I know a few of them, every Raider fan I personally know are wannabe bad boys. Their staying power is the eternal presence of delinquents. Jmo, what do I know eh?

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Factually this is wrong. 90% of Anime come from Manga. Manga is like a comic book on steroids. Manga is massively popular outside of America and the best sellers almost always get an anime series. Animated Comic book would be closer than cartoon.
    Animated comic book = cartoon.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...ing_and_heres/

Answer (1 of 25): (Edit: I have made a mistake guys, sorry, you please disregard the following text as some cartoons and animes contradict .Now I'd just say, as a comment down below mentioned, the only thing that really makes something an anime is the Japanese influence, forgive me for making a m...

Anime is a unique style of cartoon, but it is a cartoon.
    Factually this is wrong. 90% of Anime come from Manga. Manga is like a comic book on steroids. Manga is massively popular outside of America and the best sellers almost always get an anime series. Animated Comic book would be closer than cartoon. Hence the nickname Anime.

Leave a comment:

• foreigner
    replied
    The LA market is hostile to the Chargers. No amount of marketing is going to change that. No amount of winning awards for social media is going to create a single new Chargers fan in the Los Angeles area. The only chance the Chargers have of winning new fans in LA is to win on the field.
    Many people NOT from LA are starting to like the Chargers just for the video.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
    There is value in marketing for any professional sports team in existence in the entire world whether they are winning or not.

Leave a comment:

• BlazingBolt
    replied

We don't have both though. I really don't care if the Chargers' marketing department wants to create cartoons. And they did get a lot of buzz for it. But I'd rather the Chargers create buzz by winning than for social media. Like I said, I'm old school. Winning is all that matters.
    You can’t wait to market the team till after you win the Super Bowl. There is value in marketing for any professional sports team in existence in the entire world whether they are winning or not. It’s mind boggling that you don’t understand this. Hell you probably believe advertising doesn’t effect you.

clearly you do care because you are shitting still in this celebration thread.

this video isn’t goood because Spanos only cares about marketing and spends the most so no need to be mad. This video is good because people who work for the team did a great job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X