• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

as your fellow poster, just gonna say, that am not overly amused/humored w/the above, nor do I see the need to go over the top as such, and yes.... we are all Charger fans here, and.... how much Charge is necessary in your post.... to make your point.

your analysis/discussion is inordinately and routinely thorough and oft exhaustive, and of which am of the mind that the most of us appreciate the such.

my suspicion is that some of the such border on projection, and that this forum would be better served if we spent more time making our point and offering our perspective and less time belittling and discounting our fellow posters.

and not just directed @you Crusher, as I seem to be the poster boy for Jolt more oft than not, and there are others here who I wonder if they volunteer more of their own prognostications and observation, or rather they spend more time berating others here.

carry on sir, and thank you for your most heightened ranconteur, and.... less the rancor (just sayin').
    Nah...i actually agree with you more lately, and i give out the likes when i do or say so.

You are nothing like CC....but who is? Im surprised he doesn't get warned more often here with his high brow condensation. It would be more tolerable if he knew the game instead of being a statistician to try and prove a point and insist he is right from those.
    I just point out the ridiculousness but its not hate. Hec even Steve gets frustrated at times and uses a couple of choice words and he isnt here as often lol. Comes with a growing forum.

You have some good topics and are even creative in doing so, though sometimes they are repetitive. There is no poster boy for me here. I read every ones posts....cept one. I put CC on ignore because id rather not even deal with him and get sucked into the arguments since he doesn't want to learn anything.

You are fine.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

I thought Crushers post #42 was very good. When you block a guy, you miss out on all their posts, including the good ones.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I thought Crushers post #42 was very good. When you block a guy, you miss out on all their posts, including the good ones.
        Yes thats true, and i only see them when he is quoted so post #42 here is actually my post replying to beach that i see...... but im willing to take my chances with the good to bad ratio lol. I dont think everything he says is bad. But his contention for being right isnt always right and he is unflexable in learning is why it isnt worth it combined with the attitude.
        Hec over the many years of posting about football and even the years playing the game, ive learned a lot of things about the game in forums and articles, etc... i wasnt aware of before because looking back, i didnt have great coaching and teachers.

Stats do not teach you those things.

Look at his rant about Herbert being better than Mahomes (is that his very good post, IDK). He insists with certainty that Herbert was better last year based on stats, which is fine.
        But he said Herbert had a better rating....well he didnt. Mahomes was 98.4 to Herberts 97.7, which is miniscule and dont matter anyways. That could be a matter of a dropped pass. Mahomes had a better completion % by .4% which is a matter of Cook looking the wrong way or running the wrong route. Their YPA was about the same 7.5 to 7.4 so its a matter of Herbert throwing more passes for yards total.

Mahomes had 2 less INTs and only 1 less TD pass. Are we scraping the barrel to say one guy is absolutely better than the other? Id call that pretty even. My contention is Herbert completed year 2, Mahomes year 5.

I wont say Herbert is better than Mahomes right now but could be well ahead by year 3 and certainly by year 4 and i think he certainly will surpass him. But not going to say that today, and it isnt important today. Still going to use the 3 year window.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-06-2022, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nah...i actually agree with you more lately, and i give out the likes when i do or say so.

You are nothing like CC....but who is? Im surprised he doesn't get warned more often here with his high brow condensation. It would be more tolerable if he knew the game instead of being a statistician to try and prove a point and insist he is right from those.
          I just point out the ridiculousness but its not hate. Hec even Steve gets frustrated at times and uses a couple of choice words and he isnt here as often lol. Comes with a growing forum.

You have some good topics and are even creative in doing so, though sometimes they are repetitive. There is no poster boy for me here. I read every ones posts....cept one. I put CC on ignore because id rather not even deal with him and get sucked into the arguments since he doesn't want to learn anything.

You are fine.

I don't consider Chaincrusher to be such.
          He floods our senses with lots of language that needlessly attempts to be precise.....it is this that often is misconstrued as condescending.

Quite to the contrary, i consider it more a matter of his opponents being condescending towards him.

CC and beachcomber have some odd takes and it is the inclination of people to demand more conformity then they are willing to offer.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Mahomes has mostly laid eggs in his Super Bowl performances: 5 good minutes out of 8 quarters.
            His AFC championship performances have been mostly ordinary.

They lost to Cincy last year because of Mahome's shitty play in crunch time. No one is mistaking Mahomes for Tom Brady in big games.

I put Mahomes over Herbert because I think Herbert still has something to prove.....
            Frog boy is who he is: a flawed qb who puts up big numbers, and in some respect is carried by superior talent around him....but for the most part chokes in big moments.

Comment

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm not bothering with this. In your eyes it's an insult if anyone says any quarterback in the NFL you don't like is better than Justin Herbert right now, when he's been in the NFL only two years. If Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Johnny Unitas were in their primes right now, you'd probably be saying they're overrated and not nearly as good as Justin Herbert because they can't throw the ball as hard and aren't as gifted physically or athletically. And you value Rex Ryan's opinions simply because he says what you like. That is pure homerism and absolutely ridiculous at this point.

As of right now I think Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers are better than Herbert. There are other quarterbacks who are around the same level as Herbert--Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson (if he actually plays), and your boy Joe Burrow. I don't include Brady in that group because I think Herbert is clearly better than him now. If you don't like my opinion, I don't care. I'm looking forward to watching my team this season.
              Your statements attributing certain thought processes to me are ridiculous, but that is the risk you run when you start making assumptions about what someone else is thinking.

Herbert was already better than Mahomes in 2021 based upon yards, TDs and QBR. That fully corroborates what I personally witnessed in KC last year when the two teams played each other. Herbert was clearly the better athlete, better passer of the ball and better player. Further, Herbert is ascending still and Mahomes is not. Herbert is the betting favorite right now to lead the NFL in passing yardage in 2022. Rex Ryan and Jimmy Johnson were dead serious in their comments about Herbert because they recognize his talent. Johnson would choose Herbert over any other player in the NFL going forward. So would I at this point.

I see a top group of about 7 QBs--Herbert, Allen, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson, Jackson and Wilson in that order. Burrow is a notch below that group. I see him as a borderline top 10 QB, probably not in the top 10 with Brady returning. Herbert and Allen are very close and I have zero issue with anyone arguing that Allen is the best QB, though I do not agree with it as I favor Herbert's passing advantage over Allen's running advantage, though both do both things very well. Rodgers has been the best QB for a long time (not Brady), but I think going forward Herbert and Allen are better. Mahomes and Watson are close to each other as are Jackson and Wilson.

It is really sad that you choose to undervalue Herbert. He has the ability to be historically great and he continues to crush passing records as his career develops. His trajectory is superior to anyone's. It is an exciting time to be a Chargers fan.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
                What about special teams?
                1. Chiefs
                2. Raiders
                4. Broncos
                4. Chargers

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Kemp was the guy who would put this together.

Surprised no one mentioned him.

Some fan from another forum would drop by once a year just to go over Kemp's list

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I don't consider Chaincrusher to be such.
                    He floods our senses with lots of language that needlessly attempts to be precise.....it is this that often is misconstrued as condescending.

Quite to the contrary, i consider it more a matter of his opponents being condescending towards him.

CC and beachcomber have some odd takes and it is the inclination of people to demand more conformity then they are willing to offer.
                    Not sure I agree. Maybe I'm wrong here but this is what I see.

Its​​​​​ his lawyer speak and its what they do. Always defending their take and not accepting of others if it isn't their thoughts which is not excepting of others.... Uses words to make you feel like you are way off when he usually is.

Beach isn't combative and will explain why you are wrong in his opinion or give his points or not agree intelligently. Something to take from him actually.

Never tells you, you are asinine or tries to push things on you or always uses stats to prove his point and has actually asked posters their thoughts on players. Sure some of other things he says are odd. Like the Staley thing about players not liking him.

CC tells you what his thoughts are which is fine, and even if he is wrong, which many posters tell him he is, ....tells you why you are with only stats.
                    Can't tell about their play or what they do or don't do well. Doesn't get the game and don't understand formations, etc.

If I didn't understand something and somebody was explaining to me, I listen if I don't know. Like Palmer. I knew nothing about him, didn't watch his tape as he wasn't on my radar so yielded to others who did know about him. There are plenty here who do.

CC just says he sucks, was a bad pick and has no NFL traits and those who defend it , he says they are wrong and held on to that all season while watching him progress during the season and stuck to his same story.

That's why posters are "condensending" to him.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-06-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

I know we're just getting through the summer doldrums, but no NFL team would be unhappy with either Herbert or Mahomes. They have different skillsets but both are championship caliber. Arguing the marginal difference between the two is just passing time.

Rewatching the playogfs last year I do think losing Hill will impact his stats. Their skillsets meshed so damn well and Hill bailed him out plenty of times over the last couple years.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wont say Herbert is better than Mahomes right now but could be well ahead by year 3 and certainly by year 4 and i think he certainly will surpass him. But not going to say that today, and it isnt important today. Still going to use the 3 year window.
                        That's how I feel about it, to an extent. If Herbert limits the bad performances to just a couple a year I think he very well could be the best quarterback in the NFL. There sure is a lot of competition, though.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Abuse is abuse.

Comment

Working...
                          X