• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

This is the first training camp in years where I didn't see a new UDFA standout. Probably will have multiple new draftees get waived into the PS. I do think they will be scanning the waiver wire for a better RB #2-3 and maybe a swing OT.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      This is the first training camp in years where I didn't see a new UDFA standout. Probably will have multiple new draftees get waived into the PS. I do think they will be scanning the waiver wire for a better RB #2-3 and maybe a swing OT.
      I'd like to see Marks and Brown each get at least 5-8 touches to see what they can do...

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

If Pips emerges as good NFL tackle we take the division.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Bandy is a udfa
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Bandy is a udfa
            From last season. He was on the PS all year in 2021

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

You mean new as in from 2022 UDFA class, correct? Bandy is an unexpected/new standout but from a previous UDFA class (2021?)

the guys from 2022 that got a little buzz were layne the safety and shelby the edge guy, but otherwise didn’t hear much…someone that stood out to me on a couple of plays was #86 the wr UDRFA from oregon state? Can’t think of the name but I like the way he caught a few passes and agressively turned up filed with no hesitation instead of dancing around, he looks like a classic possession recieved but I hinestly don’t know anything about him, I hope they add him to the PS…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

You mean new as in from 2022 UDFA class, correct? Bandy is an unexpected/new standout but from a previous UDFA class (2021?)
                ;
                Right. I liked what I saw from Bandy in 2021, but he was far from ready. A season on PS really helped, but he won't beat out Carter or Guyton, his only competition is Reed (a draftee), but outside the set #1-#5, he looked the best in games, and clearly is a favorite of Staley. "He is one of us".

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

From last season. He was on the PS all year in 2021
                  True, but he didn't show us this much last season.

I like Bradford (even though he's from Oregon State) from this year's UDFA's. I could see him spending this year on the practice squad.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Right. I liked what I saw from Bandy in 2021, but he was far from ready. A season on PS really helped, but he won't beat out Carter or Guyton, his only competition is Reed (a draftee), but outside the set #1-#4, he looked the best in games, and clearly is a favorite of Staley. "He is one of us".
                    I could give a rip about carter, LOL…I selfishly want the kid from San Diego and small school product to beat the odds and he’s a guy that came up through our system…it wouldn’t surprise me if he was a charger fan too…

I honestly don’t know what kind of player carter will be but he's older, he’s been around the block, he’s more expensive, and bandy does everything carter does, KR, PR, and possession receiver stuff,…carter is supposed to be faster tho, right?
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

True, but he didn't show us this much last season.

I like Bradford (even though he's from Oregon State) from this year's UDFA's. I could see him spending this year on the practice squad.
                      that’s #86, right? I couldn’t remember his name but on limited targets he’s made an impression me…I hope bradford gets more work in the next game…we already know bandy can play and I’d rather he didn’t get hurt right before final cuts…

Comment

• eaterfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Pipkins was an overdrafted project, looking back. But at least now he's a servicable NFL OT, with room to improve over time, if he keeps at it. I have a feeling that TT has been fine with his pick and Pip's progress, it wouldn't surprise me if they retain him with a modest 1 to 2 yr deal, if he has a good season. Big if.
                        I think this might be a bit presumptuous. Will he our RT? Yes. But someone will have to be there. By this definition Storm was "serviceable" last year. I'm not sure how much better he'll be than Storm as last year. I think there's a fairly large gap between what Norton did last year and "serviceable" and then another gap between average and another big gap to "good". I'm not saying Pipkins can't be serviceable, I just don't think it's proven yet.

I also am not sure using a 3rd round pick on a guy who takes 3 years to get to serviceable is a good strategy. You burn all his cheap years and if he's good, as we hope he will be and you mention at the end of your post, he's going to get paid and we probably can't keep him. He's got the athletic traits that someone will pay him more than the Chargers can if he is a top 20 RT.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                          If Pips emerges as good NFL tackle we take the division.
                          He'll ultimately have a lot to do with whether the Bolts are successful running the ball.

If Pip can be competent in that phase, defenses won't be free to assume that a key short yardage effort is going to go to the other side of the line. It will make the Chargers' short yardage offense less predictable.

Comment

Working...
                          X