• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

0-2 is not unreasonable. In some ways expected.
    You are expecting the Chargers to lose at home to the Raiders? Do they get swept?

They won't win in Denver.....how about 1 & 5 and last place?

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

LT had 1200+ rushing yards his rookie year with a crap OL.
      I thought LT would be great the first game I saw him play for SD. He exceeded my expectations.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Sure is shaping up that way. Personnel wise today? Definitely.
        Ernie Ladd et al was just before my time.

Of course there was 2006, before the Foley shooting.

This is on paper, but exceeds them all in my humble opinion.

Then there's JH10.

I expect Staley to be hyper aggressive in '22.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ernie Ladd et al was just before my time.

Of course there was 2006, before the Foley shooting.

This is on paper, but exceeds them all in my humble opinion.

Then there's JH10.

I expect Staley to be hyper aggressive in '22.
          I liked our 1980 DL Fred Dean, Big Hands Johnson, Louie Kelcher, Leroy Jones, LB Woody Lowe, etc. Our D got 60 sacks that year.
          2022 looks like a more complete team.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

All our wildest dreams are coming true this season.
            We are going on a warpath in 2022
            these are no longer the same ol predictable SD Chargers, starting slow, coming together, late push and dead.
            These LA Chargers are coming out swinging and dominating 2 division rivals early, that's right, DOMINATING.

15-2, Herbert's MVP season, number 1 seed, superbowl win. Herbert on the Madden cover etc etc.
            It's happening.
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I throw no one under the bus. It sounds like my post might have struck a different chord with you than intended.

Kelley ? Him and I are both Bruins. Spiller ? I Follow Fred Spiller on Twitter.

James White ? I can still hear Pat Kirwin describing White as THE best at pass pro in Mobile. He was fundamentally sound out of the gate. Opportunity came later.

My theme here recently has been that we as loyal Charger fans need to embrace the fact the our team is a serious Super Bowl contender. Let's build positive Aloha, positive vibrations.

JMO.
              positive waves.JPG

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                All our wildest dreams are coming true this season.
                We are going on a warpath in 2022
                these are no longer the same ol predictable SD Chargers, starting slow, coming together, late push and dead.
                These LA Chargers are coming out swinging and dominating 2 division rivals early, that's right, DOMINATING.

15-2, Herbert's MVP season, number 1 seed, superbowl win. Herbert on the Madden cover etc etc.
                It's happening.
                positive waves.JPG

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I liked our 1980 DL Fred Dean, Big Hands Johnson, Louie Kelcher, Leroy Jones, LB Woody Lowe, etc. Our D got 60 sacks that year.
                  2022 looks like a more complete team.
                  The secondary suddenly got old in 1980.

Willie Buchanon, Glen Edwards & Mike Williams were beginning to become shells of what they once were.

The linebackers core was Woody Lowe and a few journeyman types: Bob Horn got destroyed by the Raiders center Dave Dalby in the AFC championship game.

This defense is much sounder, but the offense isn't littered with the type of talent that 1980 team had

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The secondary suddenly got old in 1980.

Willie Buchanon, Glen Edwards & Mike Williams were beginning to become shells of what they once were.

The linebackers core was Woody Lowe and a few journeyman types: Bob Horn got destroyed by the Raiders center Dave Dalby in the AFC championship game.

This defense is much sounder, but the offense isn't littered with the type of talent that 1980 team had
                    My friend at UCLA was related to a Chargers position coach. This coaches favorite player was Big Louie.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

It wasn’t Spiller’s footsteps because Kelley said he changed his nutrition and workouts this past offseason to improve explosiveness and strength.

He recognized his deficiencies last season and focused to improve them.

and there’s plenty of examples of RB’s who took a few years to emerge. James White, SB MVP, had two forgettable years before he excelled for the Patriots.

LT’s best year was his 6th in the league.

Could we please wait for at least the preseason games before we throw players under the bus?

LT was a late bloomer? Wow, so much wrong with this statement, the kid was a pro pass protector out the gate, he caught 59 passes in year one, scored 10 times as a rookie, had 1,603 combined yards from scrimmage, and he was practically the entire offense while playing with some bad offensive linemen too…did I mention he was the focal point of the offense? Defenses only had to worry about 21…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        There were some people in the version of the message board back in the day that was questioning him for the 1st couple of years. LT was somewhat productive, but since he was eclipsed by Portis and Preist Homes was in the division, there were people who questioned him, and whether he had the ability to be a top-notch back. His lack of long runs and pass-catching as a rookie stood out as areas that needed work, as I recall.
                        His offensive line was BAD and LT didn’t trust them one bit, he was known to give up on the play early and try to do his own thing which is understandable considering them quality of blockers he had. He had cleaned that up by year two tho as his line improved so did his trust in the scheme…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Go back and look at post #894. I brought up that his rookie season didn't convince me that he was elite, and that had much to do with the line in front of him.
                          not me, I knew LT was special right away, the front office messed around with his contract and LT ended up going to camp late, then he got rushed into a preseason game (which was totally fucking irresponsible BTW) and even though he only got a handful of touches the quality was CLEAR as day…

Comment

Working...
                          X