• Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    https://theathletic.com/3463389/2022...d-zone-drills/

With a few vets taking the day off, Salyer got first team reps at LG... no word on Jaimes.
    Found that interesting.
    My guess is that it speaks more about how positive they see Salyer than it does how negative they see Jaimes.
    I'm hoping Salyer loses 20-25 pounds this off season. Keep giving him quality reps!

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      The Chargers have signed Birmingham Stallion (USFL) TE Sage Surratt. Pro Football Reference has him listed as a WR. At 6-3, 215, he's just slightly larger than Keenan Allen, and slightly smaller than Mike Williams. He signed with the Lions last year as a UDFA out of Wake Forest. He initially made Detroit's practice squad, but was cut early in the season. Camp body?
      Sage Surratt was a force to be reckoned with for the Demon Deacons in 2019.  At 6'3" and 215 pounds, and with great leaping ability and strong hands, you can...

He makes a ridiculous # of contested catches. He mostly wins off the line, but he doesn't gain much separation from college defenders. He is not very fast and is not really running very good routes. Doesn't look all that athletic, but is very, very physical. Just wins more than his share of the 50/50 type of balls and then makes the most out of the YAC by running through defenders. He has OK hands. Uses his body to shield defenders. Sort of a poor man's Mike Williams.

I'd be curious to know if they are playing him at TE or giving him a chance to move back to WR. I could see them trying to turn him into an Hback or flexed type of pass-catching TE. He may also be the kind of guy they bring in to give the DB a chance to work against another big physical guy on their press technique. I'd be curious to know how big he is now.

he is the 1st guy to win player of the year in basketball and football in NC in HS. Despite that, he is not that great an athlete, although his body use shows in how he shields DB away from the ball.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Zion is a certified mushroomhead.
        Even Rashawn is impressed.
        Solid. Confident. Ready to gel.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Sage Surratt was a force to be reckoned with for the Demon Deacons in 2019.  At 6'3" and 215 pounds, and with great leaping ability and strong hands, you can...

He makes a ridiculous # of contested catches. He mostly wins off the line, but he doesn't gain much separation from college defenders. He is not very fast and is not really running very good routes. Doesn't look all that athletic, but is very, very physical. Just wins more than his share of the 50/50 type of balls and then makes the most out of the YAC by running through defenders. He has OK hands. Uses his body to shield defenders. Sort of a poor man's Mike Williams.

I'd be curious to know if they are playing him at TE or giving him a chance to move back to WR. I could see them trying to turn him into an Hback or flexed type of pass-catching TE. He may also be the kind of guy they bring in to give the DB a chance to work against another big physical guy on their press technique. I'd be curious to know how big he is now.

he is the 1st guy to win player of the year in basketball and football in NC in HS. Despite that, he is not that great an athlete, although his body use shows in how he shields DB away from the ball.
          I see some Gates in his style, going up, using his basketball skills to box out defenders on contested balls. I can see why they'd want to bring him in for a looksee.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I see some Gates in his style, going up, using his basketball skills to box out defenders on contested balls. I can see why they'd want to bring him in for a looksee.
            I think he is the kind of guy they may want to bring in to see if he can fit in as a ST guy. He isn't fast, but he is fast enough to play on ST, and is physical.

The fact that he might be able to turn into something as a receiver is kind of a bonus. I mean, I hope he does, but I don't see much in that area, so I don't think it is very likely.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

I like that he has a nose for the first down marker, and frequently makes the first defender miss. Plays VERY physically, and has really good hands. Those are some solid traits, but I can see where his lack of elite athleticism would really hold him back against NFL competition.

Realistically, I'd guess he has a Stephen Anderson-like ceiling

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I think he is the kind of guy they may want to bring in to see if he can fit in as a ST guy. He isn't fast, but he is fast enough to play on ST, and is physical.

The fact that he might be able to turn into something as a receiver is kind of a bonus. I mean, I hope he does, but I don't see much in that area, so I don't think it is very likely.
                Kassim Osgood might be a good comparison. A super physical player who did *some* things well as a receiver, but was never going to make an NFL roster if he didn't contribute on special teams.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I like that he has a nose for the first down marker, and frequently makes the first defender miss. Plays VERY physically, and has really good hands. Those are some solid traits, but I can see where his lack of elite athleticism would really hold him back against NFL competition.

Realistically, I'd guess he has a Stephen Anderson-like ceiling
                  Like him. If he can get separation, play him.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                    Love for Salyer to show well at LG. Move Feiler to RT? 2 rookie OGs is kind of sketch though. If Rivers was back there id be concerned about pressure up the gut...but the fact that Herbert is so deadly off script? Let teams shoot those interior gaps. Love watching him roll out and launch bombs while getting hit. That Giants game comes to mind.
                    Been Charger fan since 1999. This is the best throw I have ever seen

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I like this angle...

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Guyton needs more reps in the slot.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Have you seen some Fouts to Joiner TDP ?

Comment

Working...
                          X