Nfl draft buzz is kinda a shit site.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

I would love to know which 8 - 10 guys this pundit felt were better......

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If Kelley and Spiller are that close, and it’s Kelley’s 3rd year…not good, for him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          Draft projection : 2nd late ????????????
          Position rank : #11 ??????????
          They are wrong like 90% of the time, it’s a wonder anyone still circles their projections.

Slater was not rated the best OT last year either. Yet he was.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            If Kelley and Spiller are that close, and it’s Kelley’s 3rd year…not good, for him.
            Unless Spiller is really good, which would mean Kelley has gotten a lot better.

I am confused about the reflexive retranslation of very information by this board that if two guys are close or tied, they both must suck. We keep reading that about Pip vs Nort - if they are tied they must be horrible. Or more carefully couched phrases of apprehension, fear, anxiety, panic, depression, or despair.

Au contraire, mon fer’s - we could be looking at a pair of future HOFers!

Signed,
            Pollyanna
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I am confused about the reflexive retranslation of very information by this board that if two guys are close or tied, they both must suck. We keep reading that about Pip vs Nort - if they are tied they must be horrible. Or more carefully couched phrases of apprehension, fear, anxiety, panic, depression, or despair.

Signed,
              Pollyanna
              I'm with you. In fact, I thought Spiller looked like a very good RB last season so that report may be telling us Kelley has really improved.

I wonder what they're thinking about Horvath as a fullback??
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Signed,
                Pollyanna
                I wanted Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker in the top of the second and would have given our next years first rounder for them. If were picking in the late twenties or even 30s next year it would have been a good grab. Hall and Walker are definitely a cut above the rest. IMHO!

:2cents:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Signed,
                  Pollyanna
                  Not sure if you are being serious or not based on the end of your post, but neither player separating themselves in either circumstance isn't great to me. Although, I'm not sure I believe it as much with Spiller. I think he takes the RB 2 role by the time the season starts. I think this one is just more of a political issue than one that's been reflected on the field.

It's disappointing because we already have a baseline for Norton and Kelly that is pretty bad. Let's say Norton (and Pipkins) ranked between the 30th and 35th RT last year and the Chargers are looking to get a tackle that is in the acceptable range of 20th or better. In NFL history it's pretty unusual, though not unheard of for players to make that big a leap at RT in a season. Maybe it happens more with guys early in their career, but neither is particularly young. Let's say 20% of players in that 30th-35th range get into the top 20 the next season (I personally think that's high, but the Bolts seem confident it could happen). If Pipkins or Norton were dominating the RT competition, maybe we say, well it looks like one of them did take the leap since they were about equal last year. Since both of them are roughly the same it means they both would have had to take a leap for them be 20th or better. There's a 4% chance of that happening if each one had a 20% chance. It's not impossible they both got significantly better, it's just far less likely than they both stayed in the bottom tier of tackles and it's a problem.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Signed,
                    Pollyanna
                    Spiller is a better than avg rookie RB talent. Clearly Kelley did his homework and has some NFL experience to draw from.
                    HOF is probably a reach but quality competition is a plus.
                    Competition is widespread among 2022 Chargers. Matter of fact it's something that TT & Staley have built in, so I'm going with it's a good thing.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Signed,
                      Pollyanna
                      Nah nah, I just mean, if reports of Spiller looking as good as he is, in his rookie TC, versus 3rd year guy looking to be at about the same place, not a good outlook for the 3rd year guy whereas that’s a nice floor for the rookie. Glad both look good (and Spiller just turned 21).

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

mon frere....my brother.

For some reason, that missing r really bothered me.

Unless mfers was the intention.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                          Great White North
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                          Draft projection : 2nd late ????????????
                          Position rank : #11 ??????????
                          You know what they say about opinions?

Comment

Working...
                          X