Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    If you listen to Ekeler, he says that they did not prepare for stunts, games, etc the Cowboys ran. They couldn't. So I don't look at the 8 simulated sacks as indictments on individual players but rather the cohesion of the line, passing guys off, scheming, etc. It was a great learning experience and this is a scrimmage. Very valuable for Zion. Ekeler also said that because this is a scrimmage, guys like him are not going to go low on protection so he got buried and pushed around by pass rushers.

I think any RT doing one-on-ones with Parsons is pretty challenging. I trust Popper's eyes and reports and it sounded like all the linemen had some struggles, even board favorite Salyer. I am sure whoever went up on one-ones with Bosa or Mack lost and struggled, too.

Bottom line is I would not over react to this. The preseason game against the Rams the OL looked pretty decent. Let's see how they look (ableit all 2-3 stringers) on Saturday night in a game.

TG
    Voice of reason....most everyone else on here is running around pulling fire alarms and mashing panic buttons...smh.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

RT wasn’t our most glaring hole. Our most glaring hole was a defense that was last in the league in 3rd down, bottom X in scoring allowed, bottom X in rush D, … etc etc - we’ve all seen the stats ad nauseam. The unrelenting arrogance of portions of this forum to continue to berate the fine LAC staff that this was the most glaring hole when it clearly, empirically and emphatically was not the biggest contributor to losses is inexcusable given all of the data and information so widely published and comment on for now the last 7 months.

RT was the biggest hole on a Top 5 offense, or tied for worst. RG was just as bad as RT imo, how Scho continues to go uncriticized still baffles me. He was horrible and idgaf what PFFFT says, they are a laugh. The FO stretched far and wide to close as many holes as they could in the off season - and in the draft there wasn’t a compelling elite RT that was a better pick than Zion imo at our slot.

Now every bleats Salyer should be starting LG - yet nobody has ever seen him play against starting NFL defenders. Just cuz … with confidence … thats the TPB GM way.

The TPB GMs really need to prove themselves this year … their record of mistakes and errors is lengthy, not sure how much longer the owners can tolerate such poor performance.
      Glaring hole on offense I concede, but I think you know that's what I meant as I didn't say anything that suggested I disagree with any of the above.
      no one is talking about an elite RT so stop putting words where they're not.

I take exception to being accused of berating any LAC staff. Astonishing that that accusation can follow after I post a million times about how I love virtually every move I see then suggest once that Staley needs to prove himself.
      If you're lumping into a group that isn't warranted, please don't.
      and really, you're pulling out the arm chair GM angle? If that's not what a forum is partly about, (playing armchair GM) then just ignore all my post because 95 percent will be based on what I (a simple, measly fan) see and how I see it the same or different than Telesco and staff.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jox g
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Voice of reason....most everyone else on here is running around pulling fire alarms and mashing panic buttons...smh.
        Did NOT prepare ?!? Why NOT?! This is on coaching. 1st game of preseason where DB's don't turn their heads to track the ball - COACHING. No excuse for these. Doesn't help the players confidence knowing the coaches don't teach them right. HEY STALEY! Get your act together man. Don't waste time on a talented team.

SEAN PAYTON wouldn't

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          If you listen to Ekeler, he says that they did not prepare for stunts, games, etc the Cowboys ran. They couldn't. So I don't look at the 8 simulated sacks as indictments on individual players but rather the cohesion of the line, passing guys off, scheming, etc. It was a great learning experience and this is a scrimmage. Very valuable for Zion. Ekeler also said that because this is a scrimmage, guys like him are not going to go low on protection so he got buried and pushed around by pass rushers.

I think any RT doing one-on-ones with Parsons is pretty challenging. I trust Popper's eyes and reports and it sounded like all the linemen had some struggles, even board favorite Salyer. I am sure whoever went up on one-ones with Bosa or Mack lost and struggled, too.

Bottom line is I would not over react to this. The preseason game against the Rams the OL looked pretty decent. Let's see how they look (ableit all 2-3 stringers) on Saturday night in a game.

TG

Did NOT prepare ?!? Why NOT?! This is on coaching. 1st game of preseason where DB's don't turn their heads to track the ball - COACHING. No excuse for these. Doesn't help the players confidence knowing the coaches don't teach them right. HEY STALEY! Get your act together man. Don't waste time on a talented team.

SEAN PAYTON wouldn't

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I’d like to trade a 4th for a proven, solid, late career RT. Surely a team somewhere has brought in a young guy they want to play which has left an older guy available to trade.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nope that will only happen if we start out the season 0-2! Still if you don't believe RT play was a major factor in missing the playoffs last year you should go back and re-watch the raiders game.!

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

it wasn’t just RT. Popper says the Chargers would have given up 8 sacks against the Cowboys. And that’s just in 11-11 drills. 8 sacks. The whole line was leaky.
                That’s a coaching issue IMO. The players were unprepared to play.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post
                  I have a hard believing the coaches and FO are content with letting the RT job play out and go with whoever sucked least in camp/preseason. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them bring in someone before the season after the final roster cutdowns, so I wouldn’t hit the panic button just yet.
                  The plan has always been sink or swim with Pip and develop him as our RT for the next 5 plus years.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

SEAN PAYTON wouldn't
                    Truth. Everything matters. Not prepared? Cardinal coaching sin

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That’s a coaching issue IMO. The players were unprepared to play.
                      I hope it was some genius, mysterious, ninja tactic to escape injury somehow, because at least we did that.

I hold my breath with every practice.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

You call it hype, I call it HOPE...we're HOPING...hoping that Salyer, Horvath, Sarell...hoping for SOMEBODY in the lower rounds emerges into a serviceable starter...Pip, Storm, Kelley, Rountree, Tillery have all had their shot...maybe one or more of them suddenly blossoms...in the meantime, I'm pulling for the cream to rise to the top...and that cream may come from an unexpected source...
                        Sounds like hype when I'm reading that Salyer should be starting at RT lol.

Sounds like hype when I'm reading Horvath was obviously better.amd more versatile than Nabors when that isn't what I saw and don't see the staff using Horvath anywhere but FB.

Conclusion = Over hyped

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

SEAN PAYTON wouldn't
                          How hard can it be? Just practice it 10 times, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head. Just make it an automatic response. When the arms go up, the head turns.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X