• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post
    I have a hard believing the coaches and FO are content with letting the RT job play out and go with whoever sucked least in camp/preseason. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them bring in someone before the season after the final roster cutdowns, so I wouldn’t hit the panic button just yet.
    This could be a possibility, what are you thinking here, a trade for a RT? I’m thinking the FA options are probably very limited now…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Cowboys News: Offense struggles vs Chargers
      https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lis...f-foot-injury/

Dak Prescott and the Cowboys offense were less than impressive Wednesday against the Chargers defense, although Ezekiel Elliott and the run game looked good early on.
      It's encouraging the Bolts' defense got the better of Dak and the passing game. But less encouraging the 'Boys were able to run the ball well.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
        WustinSlurbert
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Yes, D was the problem last year, and for many years before that. If you cant stop the run, you will not be able to stop anyone when it counts and therefore will lose games ...UNLESS your offense is great and you have the ball last and either run out the ball with a lead or score in last seconds to take the lead and win. Most of the games we won last year, Herbert had the ball at the end, either scoring to win or running out the clock.

Our defense was so bad that it could not stop the run or the pass.... bad combination... lol ....and Staley obviously noticed because he has replaced more then half our defensive starters this off season...... We have essentially a new defense this year..... 3 new starters on DL..... 2-3 new starters at LBer.... 2 new starters at CB and a new ball hawking 3rd safety who will play alot in formations where James is being used like LBer....
        We can't assume that J.T. Woods is going to be able to pick it up right away, or even this season. Word is he has a lot of work to do to get there, and no doubt he will. That's always the hope, but the kid is super raw and needs to refine his tackling. Not looking like we're going to see his peak for a while. Regardless of what people are saying about Joshua Kelley being a 'changed' back, I still have Isaiah Spiller making a bigger impact this season than Woods.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I would say it's telling that he hasn't been signed by another team yet. Why? Is he still re-habbing?
          I think I heard on GAC that Oday was looking for starter money, not sure what that means but more than vet minimum? Perhaps he felt he had established himself as a viable starter last season before he got hurt…it’s my understanding that the chargers offered him vet minimum to remain with the team as a depth piece this year and he turned it down, I think that’s what the guys on GAC said months ago, but I’m not 100%…maybe I read it somewhere else…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Going to LMAO if Feiler ends up at RT
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

How productive will the Chargers be this season?

Simms and Florio both predict double-digit sacks for Bosa and Mack.

Simms: Herbert the best pocket passer in the game.
              Florio: Herbert "reached higher level" in the Week 18 Raider game.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

This could be a possibility, what are you thinking here, a trade for a RT? I’m thinking the FA options are probably very limited now…
                If a trade doesn't work, also here's the FA T list as of today:

fa tackles.JPG

Tracking the status and signings of all 2023 NFL free agents.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Maybe they could bring Sam Tevi back - sounds crazy but I think he's better than Norton. Besides, I remember how much fun you guys had bitching about Tevi.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If a trade doesn't work, also here's the FA T list as of today:

fa tackles.JPG

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/available/
                    That list has Oday as a tackle, and where’s williams? One guy that interests me a little bit is tyrell crosby…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      Maybe they could bring Sam Tevi back - sounds crazy but I think he's better than Norton. Besides, I remember how much fun you guys had bitching about Tevi.
                      I’m glad you typed this instead of me, I’ve been thinking it for most of this offseason and I agree, I do think Tevi is better, assuming he’s fully recovered from his knee surgery…he’s a better swing tackle option and would be a better starter than either norton or pipkins, his pass protection is better not sure about run blocking tho…

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        Nah, we don’t call him turnstile Tevi for nothing

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

LOL! Sure. We were solid in every other way, in every other game.
                          We beat LVR with Norton at RT vs Crosby Oct 4, '21.
                          D was the major problem in '21. Arguments to the contrary ignore the facts.
                          If you say so, but I’m getting deja vu, like how many points did we score in last season’s opener? And do you think the LVR offense will be as inept as Washington’s was? Sure hope our D can keep the Turds off the scoreboard AND put some points of their own up there, we might need them.

Comment

Working...
                          X