• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    If you listen to Ekeler, he says that they did not prepare for stunts, games, etc the Cowboys ran. They couldn't. So I don't look at the 8 simulated sacks as indictments on individual players but rather the cohesion of the line, passing guys off, scheming, etc. It was a great learning experience and this is a scrimmage. Very valuable for Zion. Ekeler also said that because this is a scrimmage, guys like him are not going to go low on protection so he got buried and pushed around by pass rushers.

I think any RT doing one-on-ones with Parsons is pretty challenging. I trust Popper's eyes and reports and it sounded like all the linemen had some struggles, even board favorite Salyer. I am sure whoever went up on one-ones with Bosa or Mack lost and struggled, too.

Bottom line is I would not over react to this. The preseason game against the Rams the OL looked pretty decent. Let's see how they look (ableit all 2-3 stringers) on Saturday night in a game.

TG
    IMO, it's *not* typical to prepare for complex stunts and blitzes THIS early in the preseason, so it doesn't seem like a shocking indication of coaching incompetence, to me.

I also think that putting some of your players in situations where they get their ass kicked by an opponent can be among the most motivating experiences a player can have.

I'm with you. Not ready to panic. (There'll be plenty of time for that later!) lol

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
      Day One...
      • Mar 2019
      • Brentwood, 94513
      • Send PM

We talking about practice? Practice!?!?! It’s all part of the process to get ready for the season when it counts. Getting good work in against guys who aren’t on your team, to me is very valuable. We as a society has become enamored with right now results. This instant access has created that.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
        We talking about practice? Practice!?!?! It’s all part of the process to get ready for the season when it counts. Getting good work in against guys who aren’t on your team, to me is very valuable. We as a society has become enamored with right now results. This instant access has created that.
        Better to get their asses handed to them now in practice versus later in regular season games.

Though I do hope they bounce back better today.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I agree that report makes it sound pretty bad for our offense, but remember; we had the fourth most total yards in the NFL a year ago! Hang in there people - we'll be good again this year. The coaching staff probably learned a lot from yesterday. This offense will be good, just like it was last year.

Stay cool!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

I will say that Staley not preparing the Oline for stunts is in line with his philosophy of putting pressure on his team.
            it makes sense to me that you want them to gain experience with highly stressful game situations now and howbthat will likely help in the future.
            Also remember him not giving the OTs help with chips from rbs and/or TEs.
            Brutal but if it's part of his master plan, I'm for it.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Nope that will only happen if we start out the season 0-2! Still if you don't believe RT play was a major factor in missing the playoffs last year you should go back and re-watch the raiders game.!
              LOL! Sure. We were solid in every other way, in every other game.
              We beat LVR with Norton at RT vs Crosby Oct 4, '21.
              D was the major problem in '21. Arguments to the contrary ignore the facts.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                I will say that Staley not preparing the Oline for stunts is in line with his philosophy of putting pressure on his team.
                it makes sense to me that you want them to gain experience with highly stressful game situations now and howbthat will likely help in the future.
                Also remember him not giving the OTs help with chips from rbs and/or TEs.
                Brutal but if it's part of his master plan, I'm for it.
                We're preparing to beat the 'Turds. Cowgirls are just helping out. Same with NO.

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Staley better NOT be overrated!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                    Staley better NOT be overrated!
                    keep sean payton on speed dial

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

LOL! Sure. We were solid in every other way, in every other game.
                      We beat LVR with Norton at RT vs Crosby Oct 4, '21.
                      D was the major problem in '21. Arguments to the contrary ignore the facts.
                      Yes, D was the problem last year, and for many years before that. If you cant stop the run, you will not be able to stop anyone when it counts and therefore will lose games ...UNLESS your offense is great and you have the ball last and either run out the ball with a lead or score in last seconds to take the lead and win. Most of the games we won last year, Herbert had the ball at the end, either scoring to win or running out the clock.

Our defense was so bad that it could not stop the run or the pass.... bad combination... lol ....and Staley obviously noticed because he has replaced more then half our defensive starters this off season...... We have essentially a new defense this year..... 3 new starters on DL..... 2-3 new starters at LBer.... 2 new starters at CB and a new ball hawking 3rd safety who will play alot in formations where James is being used like LBer....

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Juicy Fruit 80S GIF by Clio Awards
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X