• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I know nobody ever wants to rush into surgery, but geez - if he had the surgery back in January he'd be ready to go now.
    They were hoping Murray's ankle would heal without surgery......that's why they took so long.

They came to the determination that it wasn't healing fast enough and that they needed to opt for the surgery.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      The defense is not a problem anymore.
      on paper...... but they all still have to learn to work with one another.... there have been a number of teams who have signed multiple big name FA's that never jelled like Cleveland a year or 2 ago.....

the good news is those teams that struggled after signing several top FA's and failed I think hav=d more to do with the FA's were cocky, me-me type of players.....

I believe the Chargers signed great players who are also TEAM players, so I expect them to eventually jell into a very good run stuffing and ball hawking type of defense...... they may struggle some early but i expect them to improve weekly as season goes along.....

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Coaches have input. You think TT spends, trades, drafts D this off-season the way he did if Staley ain’t the HC?

We’ve had some pretty shitty HCs during TT’s tenure.
        very true..... I also think that Staley seems to have been given more power/control than previous HC's...... at least for this season.... lol

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Vets arrive... pictures:

https://www.chargers.com/news/charge...brandon-staley

Today (Wednesday) First practi
          ces...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Play Ball!!!
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I know nobody ever wants to rush into surgery, but geez - if he had the surgery back in January he'd be ready to go now.
              Yep...you would think the team doctor would have been on top of this better...at least get a second opinion...two months wasted...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...you would think the team doctor would have been on top of this better...at least get a second opinion...two months wasted...
                Yeah, from the limited public reports, Murray was doing what they told him to do. I don’t think this is “news” this week though, the reports seemed to hint he wasn’t going to be ready for start of camp. I haven’t seen when they do expect him available - anyone seen anything on the recovery prognosis?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yeah, from the limited public reports, Murray was doing what they told him to do. I don’t think this is “news” this week though, the reports seemed to hint he wasn’t going to be ready for start of camp. I haven’t seen when they do expect him available - anyone seen anything on the recovery prognosis?
                  No, but looking at his picture walking into camp, no boot, no brace. My guess is that he's going to be held out as long as necessary to avoid a re-injury in practice.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

No, but looking at his picture walking into camp, no boot, no brace. My guess is that he's going to be held out as long as necessary to avoid a re-injury in practice.
                    when it comes to players health, I like Staley’s approach, he’s patient with guys and gives them time to heal. Sitting bosa last year took balls when even the team doctors had already cleared him to play. Couldn’t tell you how much goodwill and trust that bought staley with the players but I guarantee you they each and everyone did a double take because that’s rare in the NFL.
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SK21209
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2020
                      • San Diego
                      • Send PM

Can't remember being this excited for a training camp, I will not let Murray bring me down lol

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I wonder if it’s a contractual thing with Derwin right now or if Staley is also being super cautious with him.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

on paper...... but they all still have to learn to work with one another.... there have been a number of teams who have signed multiple big name FA's that never jelled like Cleveland a year or 2 ago.....

the good news is those teams that struggled after signing several top FA's and failed I think hav=d more to do with the FA's were cocky, me-me type of players.....

I believe the Chargers signed great players who are also TEAM players, so I expect them to eventually jell into a very good run stuffing and ball hawking type of defense...... they may struggle some early but i expect them to improve weekly as season goes along.....
                          There's about 99.9% probability that the D is better. How much is to be determined.
                          Note that the FAs were hand picked Staley guys, many of whom have played for Coach elsewhere.
                          I think we'll start @ top 10 and move up as the season moves on.

Comment

Working...
                          X