• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
    Can't remember being this excited for a training camp, I will not let Murray bring me down lol
    Kenneth Murray isn't the NFL's most conspicuous or disappointing Murray right now.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      I wonder if it’s a contractual thing with Derwin right now or if Staley is also being super cautious with him.

My guess: Cautious. He's the key to LAC's team D operating at their top level.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

There's about 99.9% probability that the D is better. How much is to be determined.
        Note that the FAs were hand picked Staley guys, many of whom have played for Coach elsewhere.
        I think we'll start @ top 10 and move up as the season moves on.
        If this year's defense improves from around #30 in the league last year to #20 this year, I think most of us will be disappointed. Maybe bitterly disappointed.

This year's Bolts team should go beyond the first round of the playoffs with a 15th rated defense. 10th or higher, IMO is Win It All range.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If this year's defense improves from around #30 in the league last year to #20 this year, I think most of us will be disappointed. Maybe bitterly disappointed.

This year's Bolts team should go beyond the first round of the playoffs with a 15th rated defense. 10th or higher, IMO is Win It All range.
          Right. The SB is a realistic target, assuming that Staley knows his stuff, and I do.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

playing patty cake, continuously w/key star players, given Charger's history, makes me real nervous heading into 2022 season. Looks good on paper but will it translate?

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

playing patty cake, continuously w/key star players, given Charger's history, makes me real nervous heading into 2022 season. Looks good on paper but will it translate?
              Yay let's have this topic again this year!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Maybe.

This team's history is last year. Top 5 scoring O, # 30 scoring D.
                We got some nice O adds, shouldn't get any worse in year 2.
                We rebuilt the D with a lot of quality starters & depth. Good, very good and elite players hand picked by Coach. Several with previous relationships with Coach & his D. A solid average is the floor for this year's D and they should be top 10 at least.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Practice today is done, no new injuries. Herbert says they are better coming into the camp than last year due to experience with the system.

Mack asked how hungry he was... He said... Watch me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Staley saying that Derwin James contract situation is also a factor in keeping him out, otherwise he's ready to go. Said the team was more ready this year.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I was wrong. He's full go physically. It's Contract.https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...camp-contract/

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Derwin can show up in game 1 and make a difference. Let him heal.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X