• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    What are the current thoughts on Kelley vs Spiller ?

I am still leaning Kelley.
    I want to see how they perform in preseason. Since both should make the squad, it might be a few games into the regular season until it’s clear who’s better.

I would like to see both play well as it’s a long season and 3 backs are neccessary

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I want to see how they perform in preseason. Since both should make the squad, it might be a few games into the regular season until it’s clear who’s better.

I would like to see both play well as it’s a long season and 3 backs are neccessary
      Not impressed with Kelley is he suddenly going to make some huge jump? I hope Spiller lights it up this preseason.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

It must be noted that Kelley has a new training and nutritional regime.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

4 RB + a FB would not surprise me. Our OL has more beef & experience together. Staley & Lombardi will force opponents to respect our ground game.
          Open up secondaries. Grind the clock down when feel like it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Not impressed with Kelley is he suddenly going to make some huge jump? I hope Spiller lights it up this preseason.
            I'm with you, very unusual for running backs. Many good ones start declining by year 3 or 4.

A bit surprised however that Kelly was such a bust up to now.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

I was very impressed with what I read about him today. I haven't seen anything yet of course but I am looking forward to that on Saturday. Hoping he plays.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Yeah, I was ready to move on from Kelley, but reportedly this program he went through has made him stronger, faster (lol '70s TV), so let's see. I look forward to the preseason to see the new Kelley and the rookie Spiller. If they can form a three-headed monster with Ekeler at RB, none of them have to be world beaters, they just have to make defenses respect he run game more and this offense will be unstoppable.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

My issue with kelley has always been from the neck up, bonehead plays, unnecessarily hurdling people with zero benefit, not following blocks, just god awful instincts, running into tacklers he could’ve attempted to run around, not being patient, not setting up blocks, stupid desperation leaps from 6 yards out and fumbling like a complete nincompoop etc…even he completely roids himself out of his mind he’s still going to be one of the worst decision making RBs I’ve ever seen. He already had the physical tools to be successful so I’ll be looking to see if he finally settled down and learned how to run, if the light finally came on he could have a decent season.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

4 RB + a FB would not surprise me. Our OL has more beef & experience together. Staley & Lombardi will force opponents to respect our ground game.
                    Open up secondaries. Grind the clock down when feel like it.
                    I would expect 4 RB's because they get nicked up a lot but they could stash #4 on the PT.

I'm also thinking about the OL - if Pipkins can win the competition at RT, he's a good run blocker.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I would expect 4 RB's because they get nicked up a lot but they could stash #4 on the PT.

I'm also thinking about the OL - if Pipkins can win the competition at RT, he's a good run blocker.
                      Rountree is wasted roster spot. If three ain’t enough and I’m including Horvath @ FB then nobody is accountable. Like depth in secondary and in the trenches not RB
                      :stirringshit:

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Rountree is wasted roster spot. If three ain’t enough and I’m including Horvath @ FB then nobody is accountable. Like depth in secondary and in the trenches not RB
                        :stirringshit:
                        The stick roster spot is a waste too…stash stick and roundtree on PS and that’s 2 more guys on defense that could ne activated regularly to keep people fresh and deal with injuries, both samuel and bosa have a history of concussions…

nobody is going to claim either roundtree or stick, nobody…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Spiller is a better than avg rookie RB talent. Clearly Kelley did his homework and has some NFL experience to draw from.
                          HOF is probably a reach but quality competition is a plus.
                          Competition is widespread among 2022 Chargers. Matter of fact it's something that TT & Staley have built in, so I'm going with it's a good thing.
                          HOF was a joke but the assumption that if guys are playing even that means they both suck is just negative Nancy fabricated bullshit and i was completely serious. It bores me to death, they are so utterly predictable, like they’re going to get an award for being overtly skeptical in the absence of data.

maybe they aren’t better. Maybe they are. Coaches think they are better but our resident naysayers of course know better than the coaches that are on the field and in the rooms every day.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X