2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What makes you say that? The only surprise for me is a LB in the 3rd round instead of later.
    Exactly:
    1. Big wide receiver
    2. Local player
    3. bit of a surprise in the 3rd

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Day 3 wish list.

IOL
      DT

All 300+ pounds.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
        I would give the draft a solid A so far.

My ONLY gripe is us Charger fans have to suffer through such boring drafts. Seems like every other team is wheelin and dealin. Is it a good thing? I don't know....

Then on that note you have the glass half empty crew bitchin and moaning about we gave up too much for such n such a player.
        I think this a solid and intelligent draft too, a beast of a WR with long speed and YAC abiliy already lethal but with loads more potential….then a 20 year old defensive swiss army knife with a relentless motor and proven productivity…and finally the future starter, the best coverage, AND best processing linebacker in the draft! Plus he happens to enjoy crushing ballcarriers and playing special teams…key depth needs are being addressed without reaching and smartly with an eye towards the future intending to keep a competitive team around herbert even after he gets his big payday as inevitable departures transform the roster…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

A former WR is our new thumper LBer? Is that what I’m reading?
          think denzel perryman with coverage skills, you’re going to love him
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
            So far, for the tight ends left. Only 2 I like that I think will be there for our pick. Is Zack kuntz and David allen
            What about the kids from Miami and Purdue? There are still some good TEs to be had…

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

The fact we took an LB in round 3 speaks volumes to what we already have( or in this case, don't have!)
              None of the LB's on the current roster bring what Henley does- sideline to sideline ability, and TACKLING!
              Unless K9 steps up his game( we know what Kendricks brings), look for this kid to get more and more reps as the season progresses.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

How is Zach;s last name pronounced, is it like tune, or bunt? Just wondering …
                My wife speaks german, when I say the name she laughs at me because it sounds like I’m saying ****s, but when she says it it sounds like she’s coonts…she said that kuntz is the german word to describe possessing artistic talent, so if you have kuntz then you have some skills…the GM of the packers? His name literrally means “good (guten) skills (kuntz)”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What makes you say that? The only surprise for me is a LB in the 3rd round instead of later.
                  The fact that there was a run on LBs right after we drafted one tells me that the scouting department knew what they were doing when they set up their board…

Comment

• charger1993
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

What about the kids from Miami and Purdue? There are still some good TEs to be had…
                    Miami kid is eh..idk how to feel about him. And Purdue? Sam laporta was the only one I was familiar with

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                      WustinSlurbert
                      • Apr 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                      Charger fans take your cigar home and smoke it.

what a fucking draft. Marinate on it.

production productivity. Was great.

don’t let these talking heads lie to you and talk shit all those teams Dallas New York Minnesota Kansas City would take Johnston. I don’t care.

Mahomes would have a stud. Could you imagine Kelce and Johnston in goal line????

I liked JAXSOn but I think Seattle made a mistake. This is the same team that took Zach Charbonett when they already Had Kenneth Walker.

we need to chill out Spiller is our running back. He just is. A 2nd round pick. He’s the guy. Eckler will be the man but he’s gone after this season and it’s spillers job.

so if we were recruiting big 12 in two drafts we get Spiller from Texas anM and Johnston TCU that’s great.

Tulutuppu great character guy. That SC defense sucked but like I said with Hufanga this looks like a perennial all pro. Every USC game he was sacking the Quarterback. He’s a big Samoan who knows how to get the job done from Hawthorne the guy can Uber to Sofi.

Henley can Uber also. Crenshaw guy. Great athlete. There were people saying he could sneak in the first round. Football player. A little better the other Crenshaw player Hayes Pullard but all those guys can tackle. I had this guy on our radar to draft. Liked likes football and instinctive

I give this draft a A- so far.
                      Spiller was a 4th round pick.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post

Spiller was a 4th round pick.
                        Spiller really needs to step it up this year or his career will be over before it starts. I was excited to get him, but apparently he never got up to speed. Lots of people blaming the coaches for not playing him more, but we don't know the inside of things. Maybe he got to the league and just coasted his first year and found himself in the coach's dog house. Better hit the ground running at this level. In the grand scheme of things, just being drafted means nothing. There's a half a dozen undrafted kids who are starving to make a roster.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                          I would give the draft a solid A so far.

My ONLY gripe is us Charger fans have to suffer through such boring drafts. Seems like every other team is wheelin and dealin. Is it a good thing? I don't know....

Then on that note you have the glass half empty crew bitchin and moaning about we gave up too much for such n such a player.

You could have stopped that sentence right there.

Comment

Working...
                          X