2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I do find it odd that we have 2 $20 million WR's and 2 of our first 4 picks are WR.
    Maybe our 2 high priced guys aren't worth the dough????
    Because KA and MW will most likely be gone after this year.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

Looks like the Chargers are going to cut MW and/or KA in 2024. Not sure what the cap hit will be but it's going to be monstrous if they keep them. QJ certainly, and Darius, probably not, possibly are replacements for 2024. We'll see.
      At this rate our starting WR's in 2024 will be QJ and Palmer, and maybe MW. But if MW crumbles again after a basic non violent tackle it may be time to say good bye.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

They could have drafted Bryce Ford Wheaton who is 6'4 221 who runs a 4.38!
        He don't return kicks though.

Trey Palmer had 2 returns for TDs and wasn't used exclusively as a return guy like Davis was.
        I just dispise little and especially tiny players. Shocked they took a tiny guy actually as they usually don't.

Sproles wasn't from this regime for those wanting to use him as an example. And even he had 20 lbs on Davis lol.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He's the perfect size for a kick returner, and that was what this pick was all about. He'll be the No. 6 WR. Returning kicks will be his primary role.
          You don't spend a 4th round pick for this unless you are coming off a season like KC or the Eagles just had.... Anyone in the NFL will tell you this. Stupid pick. BS and TT really believe we are a team on the cusp of winning a superbowl.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

Looks like the Chargers are going to cut MW and/or KA in 2024. Not sure what the cap hit will be but it's going to be monstrous if they keep them. QJ certainly, and Darius, probably not, possibly are replacements for 2024. We'll see.
            Yep. Bolts have "outs" for both Slayer and Mike Will after 2023 season. I think they're both goners:

allen out.jpg

williams 2.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

• perryao
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

At this rate our starting WR's in 2024 will be QJ and Palmer, and maybe MW. But if MW crumbles again after a basic non violent tackle it may be time to say good bye.
              That was not a "non-violent" tackle, and if you look at it again MW goes down awkwardly. Just god awful luck.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                Still some decent talent at C. I DON'T want to go into this season with Clapp at backup to Lindsley. Remember how he and Feiler teamed up to allow multiple pressures/hits on Herbie? Hope one of these dudes slots to us in round 5:

Wypler
                Oluwatimi
                Forsythe
                Patterson
                A quality center/guard would be nice in this draft. We can’t get through a season without multiple injuries along the OL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Keenan and MW are going to start. He will be worked in unless there is a injury.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-29-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Finally a pick I like. Punt/kick returner was a top priority and this kid looks good. I’m not going to quibble if we could have waited a round or two to get him.

Unlike the rest of the picks so far, he should have an immediate impact…I.e…he wasn’t drafted for depth. He was drafted to start in a critical position.

Now you can argue he will suck as a punt/kick returner….but if the brain trust felt this was the best one available at this point of the draft then go get him.
                    he was the #1 ranked returner...they needed one and they got the best one, whatever he does at WR is just frosting...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Had to look him up, just watching tape. Already reposted before reading this so I’ll elaborate. Explosive get off, that’s where he gets his separation, my question would be, what’s his top speed measured by GPS?
                      No idea. We know QJ had a great speed measured by GPS though.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Start of Round 5, Chargers pick is #156, 21 picks away.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

I love the Raiders draft. I feel like they have been reaching since their 3rd pick. Smith and Mayer are solid picks, but after that seems a bit questionable.

Comment

Working...
                          X