• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Here's an out of the box idea being floated, which, according to Mike Florio at PFT, is gaining traction..

Play week 18 games as scheduled.

The first weekend of the post-season, only hold the NFC playoff games and the Bills-Bengals.

2nd weekend of the post-season, play the first round of the AFC playoff games. (But no NFC games.)

Then continue to the divisional round and championship games per normal, with only a week between the championships and the Super Bowl.

Under this scenario:

Every AFC team would get a bye week (except Bills/Bengals).
    The NFC winners of the first round would get a week off.
    The NFC No. 1 seed would get three weeks off.
    If the Chiefs end up with the AFC No. 1 seed, they would get three weeks off.
    I love it for us. Not sure the #1 seeds would want three weeks off.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      I love it for us.
      It would be great. Maybe get Slater back for the first playoff game.

Not sure the #1 seeds would want three weeks off.
      No, I would not want that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Here's an out of the box idea being floated, which, according to Mike Florio at PFT, is gaining traction..

Play week 18 games as scheduled.

The first weekend of the post-season, only hold the NFC playoff games and the Bills-Bengals.

2nd weekend of the post-season, play the first round of the AFC playoff games. (But no NFC games.)

Then continue to the divisional round and championship games per normal, with only a week between the championships and the Super Bowl.

Under this scenario:

Every AFC team would get a bye week (except Bills/Bengals).
        The NFC winners of the first round would get a week off.
        The NFC No. 1 seed would get three weeks off.
        If the Chiefs end up with the AFC No. 1 seed, they would get three weeks off.
        That sounds like a fucked up scheme for Roger and his Network BFFs to stagger the playoff games in order to generate more TV money that will no doubt affect some team adversely more than some other team. Just print asterisks in the history book now/

Talk about lemonade from lemons - Leave it to Roger to squeeze more coins out of tragedy while feigning that his only concern is compassion for players.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I like one week till the SB after the AFC/NFC championship games. Not sure about the rest but whaddaya gonna do?

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

I think the Raiders are going to beat the Chiefs on Saturday. If the Stidham Raiders play as well as they played the 49ers last week, I think they top the Chiefs. All the Raiders playmakers are back: Waller, Renfrow. The Stidham to Davante Adams connection was on fire last week. The Raiders hate the Chiefs as much as we do. They are going to motivated.

If the Chiefs do lose Saturday, it's going to put more pressure on the league to let the Bills and Bengals finish their game, because the winner of that game would be the legit No. 1 seed.

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Still no decision on the Monday night game:

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

What's interesting is that I can find no odds on the Ravens-Bengals or Patriots-Bills games this weekend.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

NFL is focused on Damar? Why? Are they able to make better medical decisions, import better doctors?
                  Total BS. Cancel NFL Football or play the games. Do your business.
                  I'd give Cincy & Bills each an L for wk 17 since they quit but the NFL OKed it. So make it a draw & move on.
                  Damar is in better hands than the NFL. God & Damar's medical team.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I think the Raiders are going to beat the Chiefs on Saturday. If the Stidham Raiders play as well as they played the 49ers last week, I think they top the Chiefs. All the Raiders playmakers are back: Waller, Renfrow. The Stidham to Davante Adams connection was on fire last week. The Raiders hate the Chiefs as much as we do. They are going to motivated.

If the Chiefs do lose Saturday, it's going to put more pressure on the league to let the Bills and Bengals finish their game, because the winner of that game would be the legit No. 1 seed.
                    If the Bengals lose to the Ravens they would also need that game to avoid being the WC and it might affect our seeding

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

If the Bengals lose to the Ravens they would also need that game to avoid being the WC and it might affect our seeding
                      I'm assuming the Bengals beat the Ravens in Cinn this weekend. Not very much of a stretch to make that assumption.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I'm assuming the Bengals beat the Ravens in Cinn this weekend. Not very much of a stretch to make that assumption.
                        Didnt the Ravens beat them earlier? Is Lamar playing?

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

The best decision is to cancel the game completely and make it a tie or forfeit. There’s no fair decision at this point. The NFL is just going to make the decision that pisses off the fewest people. Everything else affects them financially too much and the other teams.

Comment

Working...
                          X