• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    We had a 14 point lead in the second half, and they began to run more, trying yo use up clock. If they had come out passing and had some 3 and outs or worse yet, a pick, the same guys that are so critical over the play calling would have said 'they should be running with this lead'.

It's not about the play calling as much as it is about execution. Several of you people will complain about something or other no matter how the game is going. Some people are only happy when they can criticize - it's their nature. Maybe we need a thread devoted to those who want to criticise.
    Sorry, we saw a whole year of lombo last season and we had to put many of those games on Herbert in the 4th quarter because of Lombo's bad play calling or should I say predictable play calling. I'm not saying he can't improve but he tends to use Herbert as an ordinary QB until were desperately down by 10 or more points in a game. The nwe go from delivery truck to Ferrari.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

It is fair and reasonable to criticize Lombardi on substance.

It has to also be fair to criticize the critics for lack of substance.

So...

Title of thread: "Lombardi called a bad game." Hmmm. OP notes that Twitter says he is right.

Today, Joe Lombardi stated "I probably got a little conservative" in the 4th quarter. Hmmm. Twitter congratulates Lombardi for pleading guilty.

Y'all are reminding me of a community of chimpanzees, standing around, picking termites off each others backs and eating them. You so picky.

This one's in the bag, TPB. I am on to Kansas City.

What we ought to be discussing is whether or not to go conservative on Thursday night, so as to slow down the explosive Chiefs. BTW who the F is Isaac Pacheco ?

That's right.
      A group of chimps is called a "community."
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        It is fair and reasonable to criticize Lombardi on substance.

It has to also be fair to criticize the critics for lack of substance.

So...

Title of thread: "Lombardi called a bad game." Hmmm. OP notes that Twitter says he is right.

Today, Joe Lombardi stated "I probably got a little conservative" in the 4th quarter. Hmmm. Twitter congratulates Lombardi for pleading guilty.

Y'all are reminding me of a community of chimpanzees, standing around, picking termites off each others backs and eating them. You so picky.

This one's in the bag, TPB. I am on to Kansas City.

What we ought to be discussing is whether or not to go conservative on Thursday night, so as to slow down the explosive Chiefs. BTW who the F is Isaac Pacheco ?

That's right.
        A group of chimps is called a "community."
        Square peg in round hole (Lombardi) until Herbert takes the peg out of his hand and puts it in the right hole!

:wtf:

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I'm trying to remember an OC that the fans liked. I can't, maybe someone else can?
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I'm trying to remember an OC that the fans liked. I can't, maybe someone else can?
            Norf? Norf was ok until he became a head coach and Ron Rivera managed the defense. But once Ron left Norf's averageness as a coach took over. I can't remember a coordinator we liked in the past twenty years. Maybe because we had bad head coaching for a decade as well.

opcorn:

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Joe Gibbs? Was Zampese OC?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                Overall, the Chargers were magnificent. Especially the D.

Herbert was spectacular too as was the rest of the offense.

The gripe I have was Lombardi didn’t bury the Raiders with the strength of the offense which was Herbert’s arm.

instead, when the Chargers were ahead, Lombardi went in turtle mode to preserve the lead instead of aggressively trying to increase it.

This is exactly what plagued the Chargers in the last. Herbert gets a big lead and Chargers sit on it. Only difference is Chargers didn’t have a great D and teams would come back.

I thought it was deja vu all over again as Yogi would say.

Lombardi sucks. I warned about him before the season started and feel the same now. Staley needs to get on his ass.
                Not his best game as we went a little conservative late but ,. ....

You are saying you warned us before this season?
                You mean after the season when we were top 5 in points and Herbert was #2 in passing?

I'd be more upset if we lost but we didn't. Thanks for the warning.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Well there ya go. We saw it. Hopefully he remembers this and learns from it.

Comment

• Blastttoff
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

lombardi playcalling sucks, but the o-line didnt help create holes for the runners.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Broncos lose. Winner of the Thursday Night game in KC takes over sole possession of 1st place in the AFC West.

Comment

• AZBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                        Overall, the Chargers were magnificent. Especially the D.

Herbert was spectacular too as was the rest of the offense.

The gripe I have was Lombardi didn’t bury the Raiders with the strength of the offense which was Herbert’s arm.

instead, when the Chargers were ahead, Lombardi went in turtle mode to preserve the lead instead of aggressively trying to increase it.

This is exactly what plagued the Chargers in the last. Herbert gets a big lead and Chargers sit on it. Only difference is Chargers didn’t have a great D and teams would come back.

I thought it was deja vu all over again as Yogi would say.

Lombardi sucks. I warned about him before the season started and feel the same now. Staley needs to get on his ass.

I agree, we have a top 5 talent player in the entire league with JH and we need to put the game in his hands more with more aggressive play calls to put the game out of reach, he will succeed the vast majority of the time.I'm not saying Lombardi sucks, but he is mediocre so far.

Comment

• AZBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Definitely changed the ability of Herbert to convert third downs. See my prior post in this thread on creativity.
                          Yea, and where the hell was Mike Williams??

Comment

Working...
                          X