• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The problem with the Raiders game, their game plan worked. We only scored that many points cuz we had those turnovers. And 24 ain’t gonna be enough against KC, even with turnovers. Expect to see our WRs doubled on the edge, and Herbie forced to throw into the middle again. Our run blocking better improve, we need it.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      The problem with the Raiders game, their game plan worked. We only scored that many points cuz we had those turnovers. And 24 ain’t gonna be enough against KC, even with turnovers. Expect to see our WRs doubled on the edge, and Herbie forced to throw into the middle again. Our run blocking better improve, we need it.
      size Double E.... throw underneath to Ek and Everett... stack the YAC.

and throw over the top to Jalen, DeAndre and Mike Dub.

keep Palmer in the mix in the middle to keep 'em occupied, but personally prefer the over/under game if they do as you suggest....
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

size Double E.... throw underneath to Ek and Everett... stack the YAC.

and throw over the top to Jalen, DeAndre and Mike Dub.

keep Palmer in the mix in the middle to keep 'em occupied, but personally prefer the over/under game if they do as you suggest....
        We’ll need a lot of turnovers.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We’ll need a lot of turnovers.
          how 'bout 4 sax, 3 (more) INTs, and 2 FFs.... will that be sufficient ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            This isn't just about this game, it's long been my thoughts on playing against a stacked box defense.

When we find we can't move the ball with our run game, I think they should start using our RB as a receiver. Hit Ekeler on a seam pass and he will turn it into a big gain. Do it again and the defense will back off and then you can run it. Sid Gilman used to say; "take what they give ya". Ekeler and Kelley are both pretty good receivers, if the defense wants to keep them from running, throw it to them.

In this game, it didn't help that KA was sidelined. He's usually the guy we convert third downs to. He was having a great game prior to the hamstring problem. I had just thought to myself, Allen may set a record today. It will be interesting to see what adjustments they make in this KC game when they know they don't have KA.
            Roo, using Ekkie on swing passes and short passes might work sometimes vs. a stacked D, but the only thing that stretches a D consistently is going with long and mid-range passes...let's see what Lombo dials up vs. KC...

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Kittie, I'm of the opinion that the percentage of completions drops way down when you throw long too often. I think about four long shots per game is enough to keep the defense honest. Using your RB's on swing passes and seam passes with the occasional screen pass can work as I said earlier.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Uh, that isn't going to play well with the Lombardi is killing us crowd.
                Except Lombardi admitted that he felt he got too conservative in his play calling that second half.

It’s awfully tough to milk a clock when your running game is non-existent. And to try and do so repeatedly, especially when you have Herbert at QB is downright blasphemous.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Kittie, I'm of the opinion that the percentage of completions drops way down when you throw long too often. I think about four long shots per game is enough to keep the defense honest. Using your RB's on swing passes and seam passes with the occasional screen pass can work as I said earlier.
                  Agree that too many long shots can lead to incompletions or picks...I would say about 2-3 long balls but more like 6-10 midrange passes, which are higher percentage plays, mixed in with short passes and screens, should get a D to quit stacking...then unleash more of ground game, but still mix in passes...balance is the key...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Lombo admits he blew it:

lombo conservative.JPG

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

i think you are going to see a very aggressive offense Thursday. I hope in the coaches meeting that was a discussion. I HATE not going for the kill. Taking your foot off the gas whatever you want to call it. It sucks. We had enough that type of strategy with Schott. I think Herbert is smart enough that he can check into and out of plays with ease. I think we're in for a shoot out.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                        Things could be worse...at least Lombo didn't dial up fumbles at the goal line like Denver did last night!

:Cheers1:
                        The moaning Mel special… yup glad he’s gone

Comment

• AZBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

My suggestion is simple, watch the 2nd half tape of the Chiefs Bengals playoff game last year a couple of times and do what the Bengals did on D and O. That was a phenomenal adjustment on both sides of the ball for the Bengals for the win.

Comment

Working...
                          X