Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The pressure was not against Clapp. Feiler had a horrible game tonight against Chris Jones in the second half after Johnson had completely shut Jones down in the first 2 plus quarters before Spagnuolo shifted Jones over to Feiler's side.
    I believe an all pro center helps out whichever OG needs it..... on that big sack Clapp was not blocking anyone and looking for somneone to block but he let Jones rush right past as if he thought someone else would get him.....

Comment

• cmplxgal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • New Jersey
      • Send PM

Comment

• AL9000
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2022
        • San Diego, CA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

See my last post.

I've been on this board a couple of times this week and readquite a few snide remarks.
        So you go on another team’s forum during the week to read their fans being amped up about their team? That’s what fan forums are for. Then because that somehow made you feel some kind of way, you feel it’s your duty to come back on and try to troll after a really ugly win? lol ok dude you do you I guess, but don’t be surprised when you’re called out for your insecurities. I saw you mention something earlier about being a good sport, but this isn’t it my guy. It just makes you look really dumb and no one here will ever take you seriously.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
          Imagine that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Where would the time for Herber to stand in the pocket and hold the ball have come from? We were throwing shorter, quicker passes to get the ball out and Herbert was still getting knocked around. Hold the ball to throw downfield would have gotten him killed much sooner.

Lombardi isn't calling great games, but he is missing the #1 WR in a passing offense and there are a lot of new pieces that are not fully up to speed yet. It takes time.

It is also worth noting that a much, much faster, more explosive offense than us, that has largely been together for the last several years wasn't a whole lot better offensively than we were. Their big plays only came off of our defensive mistakes. Our mental mistakes in the pass rush gave up both TD, although some bad calls by the refs put them in scoring position.
            Herbert was not getting rid of the ball quickly on many of the short passes. Many of those passes were to third and 4th reads, which makes sense when the first two WRs you are looking for are the two that gain the least separation on the roster (Williams and Palmer). The time was there to run the deeper patterns as Carter proved. Problem did not really surface until well into the third quarter when Jones got shifted over Feiler.

Comment

• COLDCUT
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Temecula
              • Highwayman
              • Send PM

Thoughts:

JC played well. Even the TD he gave up was pretty well defended. We have a pretty dominant defensive backfield. Our linebacker play looked good also. Bosa was in and around Mahomes most of the game. Not sure I saw too much of Khalil Mack. Defensively, I think we’re much better than last year!

Our O-line really needs Linsey. Feiler needs Linsey! I’m not sure why we’re handing the ball off to Sony Michel. I’d like to see more Josh Kelly when we decide to give Ek a rest. Pick-six aside, Gerald Everett is a big upgrade. This game with Keenan likely ends with a positive result.

Justin Herbert is Da’ Man!!

Life is good - so are the Chargers. It’s going to be a great year of football!

Comment

• Tges58
                Registered Chiefs Fan
                • Mar 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

So you go on another team’s forum during the week to read their fans being amped up about their team? That’s what fan forums are for. Then because that somehow made you feel some kind of way, you feel it’s your duty to come back on and try to troll after a really ugly win? lol ok dude you do you I guess, but don’t be surprised when you’re called out for your insecurities. I saw you mention something earlier about being a good sport, but this isn’t it my guy. It just makes you look really dumb and no one here will ever take you seriously.
                You reap what you sow.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

A couple of years ago KC lost almost their entire starting OLine. They went to the Super Bowl.
                  right before the SB you dumbshit

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Imagine that.
                    2 passes over 17 air yards the entire game. I do not have to imagine that. I saw it happen. There is no excuse for that. The 2020 team threw deep with the worst OL in the NFL. So our OL is not as good as that OL? Is that what you are saying?

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      I'm not too worried about tonight's result. We clearly out-played the Chiefs tonight... even without Keenan and Lindsley (most of the night). We even lost Pipkins late.
                      Our defense played great and limited Kelce nicely. The Chiefs WR's are not nearly as good without Tyreek (as we all knew was the case).
                      Should both teams make the playoffs... I have no fear playing in KC.

I don't even worry too much about the play-calling. Shorter pass routes is a thing in the NFL. Herbert had 300+ passing yards.
                      But... the next time we have 1st and goal on the 3 yard line. I want to see us run over motherfuckers. What happened to the physical mentality? That was a 14 point swing. Unforgivable if it happens again.
                      agree....
                      i wonder what has happened to Guyton???.... we dont use him anymore... chiefs started taking away all short routes and blitzing Herbert.....daring us to throw deep knowing with 2 OL out we could not protect him anymore.... they gambled and it worked.....

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Maybe you should just accept the loss and be a good sport about it and quit blaming the refs.There were missed calls on LA too.
                        Maybe you should just thank your lucky stars and move on. Your team got outplayed tonight. I know it, you know it... anybody who knows anything about football, knows it. See you in LA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

You reap what you sow.
                          Well, your whole south 40 must be producing great heaping mounds of bullshit by now then.

Comment

Working...
                          X