Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    The radio guy in LA on the post game show was quite adamant that it should have been a roughing call because he drove Justin into the ground. Didn’t let up. Looked pretty clean to me. Didn’t even look like that hard of a hit
    It was probably a roughing penalty......given the new rules.

If Brady took that shot, KC would have probably forfeited the game.

15 yards, phoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      The radio guy in LA on the post game show was quite adamant that it should have been a roughing call because he drove Justin into the ground. Didn’t let up. Looked pretty clean to me. Didn’t even look like that hard of a hit
      That was what was so weird about it. From the angles shown, the hit did not seem like that big of a deal in the world of NFL type hits. The hit must have somehow caught Herbert just right for him to have been injured.

Comment

• Duck of Death
        Social Piranha
        • May 2022
        • Flyover, USA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It was probably a roughing penalty......given the new rules.

If Brady took that shot, KC would have probably forfeited the game.

15 yards, phoy!
        Haha, not to mention a new rule prohibiting the accumulation of any dirt on his jersey.

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Herbert is not reading very well. He forced one to MW on a third down when McKitty was alone to the right
          I noticed it he was forcing MW more and on one of those it could be long TD to Palmer (long Palmer TD run).

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Pass rush wasnt there and Bosa was invisible tonight. MIA out on Bosa and I can't remember the last time he produced against KC.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

It’s was a tough game. We knew it would be. There were some home cooking for sure. It’s hard to beat the Chief without help from the refs. On the face mask on James the dude blocking him pulling up from his shoulder pads. And that was a pick Samuels had. If that’s in LA its ruled a catch. Then he also had a chance for a pick six. Growing pains hurt. Get well Herbert, you are now my favorite qb. From Fouts to you. Must be a duck things.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

Whining about the refs is a loser mentality.
                Keepin your head in the....sand is a loser mentality. Facts are facts.If anyone truly still believes the refs are 100% honest and uncorrupted in these games then they are just being willfully ignorant.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  I'm not too worried about tonight's result. We clearly out-played the Chiefs tonight... even without Keenan and Lindsley (most of the night). We even lost Pipkins late.
                  Our defense played great and limited Kelce nicely. The Chiefs WR's are not nearly as good without Tyreek (as we all knew was the case).
                  Should both teams make the playoffs... I have no fear playing in KC.

I don't even worry too much about the play-calling. Shorter pass routes is a thing in the NFL. Herbert had 300+ passing yards.
                  But... the next time we have 1st and goal on the 3 yard line. I want to see us run over motherfuckers. What happened to the physical mentality? That was a 14 point swing. Unforgivable if it happens again.
                  the worst part about is you have them on their heels, they’ve been on the field for a few consecutive plays and your offense is pushing them back plus your starting TE needed to come out for at least a play…there was no strategic basis for going hurry up there, NONE, the whole hurry up thing is great for sustaining lengthy drives but to keep a defensive group on the field while mismatched for chunks of yards. Once in the redzone you need to be on the same page as an offense, at that point it becomes counterproductive, they did this same stupid shit a few times last year too, time wasn’t running out, we were tied not behind two scores etc…I don’t know if it’s lombardi or staley’s deal but that shit was fucking dumb either way…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Some observations…

Mahomes should’ve had three interceptions, the refs robbed the chargers on the adderly pick, that was bullshit. On the second one I though samuel should’ve caught the pass clean on the first try but I also thought he had his arm controlling the ball when the tip of the ball hit the grass which shouldn’t negated pick on the second bobble. The third one samuel just dropped what might’ve been a pick six…

I’ve been pointing out since last season that fieler is playing out of position, he’s a tackle, he needs room to work, guards are good in short areas and that’s where fieler get’s beat, our rookie RG showed everyone on national TV what a guard is supposed to play like, super quick in the short area but wouldn’t be able to move fast enough in space at tackle. I’m just a guy on a couch so for the life of me I can’t understand why these coaches don’t see what’s so obvious…unless aboushi already signed with the raiders there is still time to correct this mistake…it’s not like we don’t need the depth with the injuries piling up…and BTW, fuck lombardi for contributing to the chargers getting the clapp and letting go a perfectly good back up center, so what if he couldn’t play guard…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• TTThunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The 2020 team threw deep with the worst OL in the NFL. So our OL is not as good as that OL??
                      1. This is something that I try to comprehend but still can't...

2. Heard someone saying that the defense prevents deep throw, so we take what was given to us...

If that is the case, I think we lost the advantage. The offense should be able to dictate what we are going to do (Attack! Attack! Attack!) to the defense, letting them adjust.

But Lomboball seems to be the opposite.

3. All teams know now that Herbert throws deep very well, so all will prevent deep pass.

What do we do? Dink & dunk as they allow...
                      What a reactive / passive mentality!

4. With this approach, we will NEVER FULLY UTILIZE Herbert's talents!!!!

That's why I vote 'Yes' for a new OC last year and this year. And will vote yes for next year too! (I am quite sure Staley won't upgrade on the position, unless we crashed very very badly (eg. top 10 pick next draft) this year...)

5. I think most will not agree, but I am willing to lose the next few games to let Herbert fully heal...

Go Herbert!!!

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                        Pass rush wasnt there and Bosa was invisible tonight. MIA out on Bosa and I can't remember the last time he produced against KC.
                        He had 5 tackles, a TFL, 2 QB hits and several pressures. That's not invisible. Mahomes found creases inside to escape sacks. That's not Boss's fault. He did his job.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Someone get a Belt for Derwin, a consolation prize though. Hope the league doesn't fine him, but he can afford it now.

Comment

Working...
                          X