• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

A rare, horrible pass by Herbert and 2 dropped interceptions by Samuel were the difference in the game far, far more than nit-picking the play calling.

But hey, yet another poll for an outcome that is just not going to happen.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Just wondering why I shouldn't merge this thread with this one:

Pathetic play calling in that beat-down by the Donks. Fangio's D pretty much totally smothered our short pass game, and ground game. Only about 4-5 pass attempts over 10 yards. U might as well fly a white surrender flag. No long pass plays to either Guyton or Mike Will even dialed up. Oh, I get that Herbie got pressured, but

-
      Nothing is going to change here. Lombardi isn't the only one game planning.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Pathetic play calling in that beat-down by the Donks. Fangio's D pretty much totally smothered our short pass game, and ground game. Only about 4-5 pass attempts over 10 yards. U might as well fly a white surrender flag. No long pass plays to either Guyton or Mike Will even dialed up. Oh, I get that Herbie got pressured, but

-
        Maybe he thinks if he posts the same thing enough times it will change someone's mind???

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

-
          Bolto, that was last year's thread...how about we leave the current one as is? Voting based on recent games, not last year.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bolto, that was last year's thread...how about we leave the current one as is? Voting based on recent games, not last year.
            The thing is... you know its not going to happen, until the real bye at the earliest. Changing the play caller might be a more reasonable get, but at least wait until the first quarter of the season is done.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

The thing is... you know its not going to happen, until the real bye at the earliest. Changing the play caller might be a more reasonable get, but at least wait until the first quarter of the season is done.
              Good Lord, it's not happening at all as long as Staley is the coach. The play calling was not the reason we lost.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Herbie would make chaincrusher look like a pretty awesome OC. Staley should take over.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

No. The play calling killed us. We had a chance to double up on the Chiefs at the half and just killed ourselves with ill timed running plays and wasted plays that targeted Palmer.

As I stated before the season began, if Palmer's role increases, the success of the offense will decrease. 12 targets for 35 total yards this season. For Pete's sake, could we please use the more explosive receivers (Guyton and Carter) more?! We had almost zero explosiveness tonight.

Did anybody notice that it was easier to score when we were able to complete some longer passes? Two of the TD drives featured longer passes--one to Williams and one to Carter. And it was easier for KC to score when they completed a long pass. Somewhere in there I am hoping there is a lesson for Lombardi.
                  mid we don’t stretch the field we are wasting Herbert. He has a big arm and throws beautiful long throws but we rarely see it. I think we only had 2 long balls all night. Both successful. If that’s how we’re gonna play we might as well sit Herbert and let Chase throw swing passes to Ekeler and quick hits all night

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

The time to save this season is NOW!!!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

mid we dont stretch the field we are wasting Herbert. He has a big arm and throws beautiful long throws but we rarely see it. I think we only had 2 long balls all night. Both successful. If that’s how we’re gonna play we might as well sit Herbert and let Chase throw swing passes to Ekeler and quick hits all night
                      ^ This...and by the way, I'm not saying throw long every play...just mix up long and mid range throws with the ground game and short passes...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Herbie would make chaincrusher look like a pretty awesome OC. Staley should take over.
                        I think Crusher would be a decent improvement over Lombo as OC...I don't exactly agree with Crusher's take on Palmer, but aside from that, I think he'd use Herbo's talents well...

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...and by the way, I'm not saying throw long every play...just mix up long and mid range throws with the ground game and short passes...
                          Look at the stats some posted from Warren Sharp on Herbert’s passing. It’s nauseating

Comment

Working...
                          X