• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Fire Staley and hire Payton. Staley is an over caffeinated child.
    Calm down. Relax.

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Lambo sucks but truth is no coach other than McVay or Bill can outcoach Andy Reid. We just have to keep building and hope we can gather moumenteum for our 2nd matchup against KC. I see us spiliting with them anyway and so if we want to win the division we gotta sweep Den amd LV

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

12 targets, 35 total yards. That is what targeting Palmer has produced in terms of yardage. Palmer has poor moves, is not fast enough to be a speedy deep threat, and is not big enough to win a high percentage of contested passes. With no go to traits, he is not respected in terms of being given a large cushion and struggles to gain separation--so says the separation stats (not just me). This makes Palmer a very inefficient receiver. It is as plain as day.

Once again, how does Palmer win? Nobody has provided a persuasive answer despite my repeated asking of the question.

Warren Sharp gets it regarding Herbert. If you have Justin Herbert and you are averaging 3.8 air yards per attempt, something is very wrong.

Yes, we must use Allen and Williams, but we need more of Guyton and Carter and less of Palmer and we need more intermediate and long passes and fewer short passes.

The pay design on the pick-6 was bad also, not to mention the obviously poor choice of rushing to the line and trying to go to an obviously winded Everett. Palmer and Everett were too close to each other if they were not executing a rub play.
        You just can't leave it alone, can you? Guyton hasn't caught a pass all season because he's the last option at WR. Palmer is light years better, thus the reason he's in the regular rotation. Get the fuck over it.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Just throwing fuel on the fire but I can't stand his play calling.
          I pin the loss and injury on him and kinda Staley.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post
            Just throwing fuel on the fire but I can't stand his play calling.
            I pin the loss and injury on him and kinda Staley.
            I pin it on 2 dropped interceptions by Samuel, a bad call on a PI where we intercepted a pass, a crappy punt by our kicker out of the endzone, a non-call on the QB body slam, the D giving up a 52 yard run when we needed a stop, the loss of 2 linemen which had Herbert running for his life and the quick snap on the first and goal at the 3 where Herbert fired a pass where he expected an exhausted TE to be who wasn't and it turned into a pick 6. Any one of those things doesn't happen the game likely turns out differently. Plenty of blame to go around in all areas of the team.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I pin it on 2 dropped interceptions by Samuel, a bad call on a PI where we intercepted a pass, a crappy punt by our kicker out of the endzone, a non-call on the QB body slam, the D giving up a 52 yard run when we needed a stop, the loss of 2 linemen which had Herbert running for his life and the quick snap on the first and goal at the 3 where Herbert fired a pass where he expected an exhausted TE to be who wasn't and it turned into a pick 6. Any one of those things doesn't happen the game likely turns out differently. Plenty of blame to go around in all areas of the team.
              I am with Rich,. And since the Chargers had ZERO reason to go fast at the first and goal at 3 - I blame that mostly on STaley. Just take your time, you are inside the 5 tie, game, no reason to go up tempo at that point

I know people are saying Staley should be more aggressive on fourth down - I actually thought he was right to kick the FG on the first drive; right to go for it the second drive; correct to punt from midfield and I forget the last one -- but I was good with it too.

The Chiefs are still the team to beat and the margins are small. Big plays, little plays. Samuel had a sure interception that he literally kicked and couldn't control. If he catches that ball cleanly, game probably was 24-7

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                Lambo sucks but truth is no coach other than McVay or Bill can outcoach Andy Reid. We just have to keep building and hope we can gather moumenteum for our 2nd matchup against KC. I see us spiliting with them anyway and so if we want to win the division we gotta sweep Den amd LV
                Reid got outcoached in the first half of the Chefs game...but unfortunately, Lombo reverted back to Lomboball in the second half...the injuries didn't help, but going back to lame Lomboball was the self-inflicted dagger in the Bolts back...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am with Rich,. And since the Chargers had ZERO reason to go fast at the first and goal at 3 - I blame that mostly on STaley. Just take your time, you are inside the 5 tie, game, no reason to go up tempo at that point

I know people are saying Staley should be more aggressive on fourth down - I actually thought he was right to kick the FG on the first drive; right to go for it the second drive; correct to punt from midfield and I forget the last one -- but I was good with it too.

The Chiefs are still the team to beat and the margins are small. Big plays, little plays. Samuel had a sure interception that he literally kicked and couldn't control. If he catches that ball cleanly, game probably was 24-7
                  It must have been Lombo calling for that hurry-up into Herbie's helmet...I blame Lombo on that one ...

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

You make some good points!

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

See rich, I actually agree with you.

But it's also depressing because you point out systems-wide failures and coaching failures that keep happening again, and again, and again, and again with this franchise.

Not sure if the intent of your post was to say "it was close, it's not all bad" but all I took away from that is that the Chargers keep Chargering and are clearly NOT ready to compete for anything meaningful.

Add to that the Herbert and OL injuries and it might all be a moot point for this year anyway.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It must have been Lombo calling for that hurry-up into Herbie's helmet...I blame Lombo on that one ...
                        Inside the red zone - that is when you have to be all on the same page. Everett actually should have left the field - applaud him for staying on but damn - not the time to have a guy too tired to finish the route. And again, the guy who scored 20 touchdowns last year is not getting looks in the red zone. Why not just give it to Ekeler there

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

See rich, I actually agree with you.

But it's also depressing because you point out systems-wide failures and coaching failures that keep happening again, and again, and again, and again with this franchise.

Not sure if the intent of your post was to say "it was close, it's not all bad" but all I took away from that is that the Chargers keep Chargering and are clearly NOT ready to compete for anything meaningful.

Add to that the Herbert and OL injuries and it might all be a moot point for this year anyway.
                          My point was the focus on the play calling as the reason we lost is misguided. We lost because we made one more mistake than they did. Yes, this has been a plague on this franchise for a long time and it has happened so much we even have the Chargering name for it. But in the end it is only one game. The Raiders lost to us because they made more mistakes than we did. I still think we have a lot of reasons to be optimistic for this season, assuming Herbert doesn’t miss extended time. We will certainly have no fear playing them again.

Comment

Working...
                          X