• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
    Lamebardo gets skewered. I was going to post some quotes from the article but he points out so many fuck ups, its not even worth choosing just one.

Ok I cant resist. Bandy running the ball for the first time ever on a crucial 3rd and 1. Last time he ran was in 2019 and hes a rookie. Cant make this shit up.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...rove-offseason
    ESPN actually thinks their content is still worth paying for? GTFOH :lol:

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yeah I get it.

The chorus is: "everyone ran a curl route."

I say: "everyone posted up."
      Like Hacksaw: "Everybody into the pattern!!!"

Uh, okay, Hack...

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Steven Haglund

@StevenIHaglund2h

Putting the final touches on my offensive coordinator rankings presentation and will have it up for our YouTube members and Patrons shortly after Joe Lombardi is (hopefully) fired later today, btw.

​[/TWEET]

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No there were many who didn't want Steichen. Agree there were some that did, though Pep was the one they really wanted to keep.

And Staley should pick his own guy, and it wasn't Steichen. Probably didn't know him. I get that.

And his first choice was not Lombo, it was Kevin O'Connel who McVay blocked us from hiring.
          One problem with Staley is that he draws assistants from a small circle of acquaintences;

the problem with this is that he has so few, being new to the NFL - its a small group.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

ESPN actually thinks their content is still worth paying for? GTFOH :lol:
            People actually pay for that? You can get it for free.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by LinksterAC View Post

This article brings up a point I was discussing with my friend earlier:

Why Bandy? Why trust a crucial situational play to a player who's mostly on the bench? Why have him run something he's never run before?
              I just don't get why - the "kill" play reverted to an end around - even with Carter in the game but Bandy. That right there was a fireable offense. I think on twitter after that play I tweeted out "Fire Lombardi" - as that play was so terrible -- it was a foot.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by LinksterAC View Post

This article brings up a point I was discussing with my friend earlier:

Why Bandy? Why trust a crucial situational play to a player who's mostly on the bench? Why have him run something he's never run before?
                I think Bandy was thinking the same thing. He was probably thinking " I must have heard the play wrong because there is NO WAY lamedo is giving me the ball, I better not grab it."

Never underestimate the idiocy of lamebardo!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just don't get why - the "kill" play reverted to an end around - even with Carter in the game but Bandy. That right there was a fireable offense. I think on twitter after that play I tweeted out "Fire Lombardi" - as that play was so terrible -- it was a foot.
                  That play cost us the game. Unforgiveable.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That play cost us the game. Unforgiveable.
                    It totally changed the game. First off, it lost 10 yards - combined with the short punt. Allowed the Jags to score before the half. Granted if the defense could have held them to a FG. Of course Scott has a terrible punt. So basically the Chargers lost 20 yards of field postion because of that call. Even if Herbert is stuff - they are punting from close to the 30

But - if you move the chains there, maybe the Jags take three time outs and get the ball back - without time outs. Maybe the Chargers actually score - but even if they run out the clock, up 27 zip with the ball to start the half. The Jags got life at the half

I get the Herbert play - the pass to Allen - but thats a physicial error. Lombardi was a mental error - just a stupid play. Said it earlier, put in Kelley at FB - hell even Fehoko, tell the world you are doing a QB sneak and push Herbert forward

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

This stat shows why Lombardi is terrible at 2nd half adjustments.

Chargers were 28th in 2nd half points per game while finishing 10th in 2nd half time of possession.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

It totally changed the game. First off, it lost 10 yards - combined with the short punt. Allowed the Jags to score before the half. Granted if the defense could have held them to a FG. Of course Scott has a terrible punt. So basically the Chargers lost 20 yards of field postion because of that call. Even if Herbert is stuff - they are punting from close to the 30

But - if you move the chains there, maybe the Jags take three time outs and get the ball back - without time outs. Maybe the Chargers actually score - but even if they run out the clock, up 27 zip with the ball to start the half. The Jags got life at the half

I get the Herbert play - the pass to Allen - but thats a physicial error. Lombardi was a mental error - just a stupid play. Said it earlier, put in Kelley at FB - hell even Fehoko, tell the world you are doing a QB sneak and push Herbert forward
                        Mental error? Hell, it was probably the worst play in his playbook. Using the 53rd player on the squad. Just unforgivable.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                          This stat shows why Lombardi is terrible at 2nd half adjustments.

Chargers were 28th in 2nd half points per game while finishing 10th in 2nd half time of possession.
                          I was reading Haglunds thread on twitter just now - literally, two minutes ago and saw this statistic. Somebody in the thread said "they expected Herbert to go on these long drives and be perfect on 3rd down."

Totally correct. Herbert was always in 3rd damn down.

Comment

Working...
                          X