• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

I'm not saying he's not a bright spot, but he's no Rivers from a mentality perspective. I was just watching some replays from the Cincy game and Burrow has that same dog in him Rivers had. I don't see it in Herbert.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
      I'm not saying he's not a bright spot, but he's no Rivers from a mentality perspective. I was just watching some replays from the Cincy game and Burrow has that same dog in him Rivers had. I don't see it in Herbert.
      You couldn't be more wrong. Go back and watch the final game of last season. You will remember and you will change your mind. Herb looks defeated right now. It could be his injury. It could be all the injuries to key players on offense. It could be the coaching. It could be the organization. It could be all these things, But to say he has no fight in him, you are just dead wrong.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Herbert is no Rivers. He has more physical talent but doesn't have the dog mentality Rivers did. On 3rd and 13 Rivers would hang in there and throw the ball past the sticks. Something is missing with Herbert he just doesn't seem to have enough angry desire to win. Desire which would enable him to fully use his physical skillset moving around, scrambling, and getting the ball down the field.
        Rivers was certainly one of the toughest QBs ever to play and one of my favorites, but lets' be real - people here HATED it when he took chances late to win games and it often backfired with a turnover. If you put Rivers behind this line with this receiving corp he would not do better than Herbert, especially in his 3rd year.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You couldn't be more wrong. Go back and watch the final game of last season. You will remember and you will change your mind. Herb looks defeated right now. It could be his injury. It could be all the injuries to key players on offense. It could be the coaching. It could be the organization. It could be all these things, But to say he has no fight in him, you are just dead wrong.
          I've watched that game multiple times. Yeah he completed a few big 4th downs in 4th quarter and OT. But what about 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down? And still couldn't get the W vs a shitty 'fade team. I've never seen Herbert show any emotion on the field. When have you ever seen him scramble for a big first down and get up and point and show some emotion? That's what's missing in his game. That fire.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I've watched that game multiple times. Yeah he completed a few big 4th downs in 4th quarter and OT. But what about 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down? And still couldn't get the W vs a shitty 'fade team. I've never seen Herbert show any emotion on the field. When have you ever seen him scramble for a big first down and get up and point and show some emotion? That's what's missing in his game. That fire.
            Eli is emotionless as well and has 2 SB rings. Say what you want, and I'd agree but he has 2 rings.
            Rivers was very emotional and has zero rings.

Means nothing. Still a team game and it all starts at the top.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Herbert is not right. Generally he is pretty surgical anyways but he never looked this miserable before. Playing like it’s a normal workday at the office going through routine. Guess right now there’s really nothing to celebrate, just got blown out by Seahawks. How good is their draft class looking :shock:

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

I prefer Rivers over Herbert (which is nothing against Herbert in any way), but what Herbert is going through right now is very similar to what Rivers did in multiple seasons throughout his career. Herbert right now reminds me of Rivers in 2011 and 2012, two years wasted in his prime because he had a clueless head coach and the offensive line was terrible.

Herbert doesn't need to fake it and act the way Rivers did.

And please, everyone, stop comparing Herbert to Eli Manning, the coward who chose not to go to the Chargers because he and his daddy knew he couldn't win with them. Herbert's personality is similar to Joe Montana's, the quiet-yet-relentless competitor who will rip your heart out.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Teams have had a full offseason to prepare for lombo's offense.

At new orleans, brees basically taught lombo about the qb position, not the other way around.
                  Lombo played tight end in college and was mostly a tight ends coach before new orleans,
                  He did have 3 years at mercyhurst as oc & qb coach that was more useful as a resume enhancer than preparation for the future.

About this time at Detroit (October 25th) Lombo got fired in his 2nd season (only two games with 20 or more points).
                  Team started putting up points and wins once he left.

If his name was Smith, he probably wouldn't have had an NFL coaching career.
                  Probably has a real nice personality to superiors to which the Spanos are suckers

Comment

• Air Coryell
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Carlsbad, CA
                    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                    • Send PM

Who is calling the hurry-up plays? Fire them.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Rivers had dog in him but unfortunately it was chihuahua. I am fine not to see the foot stomping, hand waving tantrums. I would like to see more fire from Herbert but Not of the Rivers variety

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                        Herbert is not right. Generally he is pretty surgical anyways but he never looked this miserable before. Playing like it’s a normal workday at the office going through routine. Guess right now there’s really nothing to celebrate, just got blown out by Seahawks. How good is their draft class looking :shock:
                        They are a quality organization that has bounced back quickly. They may win that division with Geno Smith as their QB. If not him, whoever they get will step onto a stacked team. That's how it's done.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Feeling pretty hopeless about this whole situation.
                          I feel like it's all been said; not interested in re engaging in the same old conversations/arguments.
                          Joe is simply not good enough.
                          I hope Herbert WANTS to stay an LAC.
                          Wake me when something changes.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X